Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Chocolatey | Espreso] Habbo.com Clone CMS & Housekeeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Updated Chocolatey! Version 3.000D, now bundled with Dutch language. (We need code French language also)
Available on.:

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm asking to thread close.

I'm pausing the development.

Really busy IRL. But the CMS already is usable. What really need to be done:

* Plugin System (w/ staff page)
* Other Languages
* Better Documentation (phpDocs)
* Complete Test Cases (phpUnit/TravisCI)
* Housekeeping (Espreso HK)
* Finish HabboPages Language System)
* Espreso Integration Mechanism
* Improve Facebook Auth
* Improve Language System w/ Habbo Images

Anyways. I'm really thankful of all help that the community given me. And the amount of Issues are really great.
The General if you want you actually can use Chocolatey as an official CMS. Is stable, fast and good coded. But the major thing to be done is the Housekeeping.

In some weeks (maybe 2 months) I'll be back. Thanks for all!!

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Chocolatey | Espreso] Habbo.com Clone CMS & Housekeeping

Hey folks. Development it's active again.

Now I'm doing the Housekeeping. Will update the CMS when the basic HK functions be done.

Since in terms of functionality the Chocolatey CMS it's pretty done.

I'm also fixing some little things on Database migrations of Chocolatey. Like as an example, I dunno why mail field from users it's a varchar of length 25. My academic e-mail, has more than 25 characters... So gives bugs.

Fixed this by updating the max character set to 255. (I know, huge, but f*ck), when you do migrations.

Also updated dependencies to latest. And also made the Migrations be compatible with MySQL 5.5 or higher. (Was compatible only with MySQL 5.4 or lower, since the thing of a table can only have one timestamp with default value CURRENT_TIMESTAMP (why? idunno);

Posting the new Release soon as possible.

I will officially start to code Espreso on next Weekend, but I'm actually researching over the code what already done, and what not.

Especially the Espreso Installation system seems to not work on Windows, because of the File Permissions. (Espreso couldn't created the .env file) with the Data typed on the Setup (weird). I should fix it later.

I'm also thinking on before start Espreso, code the Management API Routes on Chocolatey, those Routes that Espreso will use to communicate within Chocolatey and say that he is the "Management System of that Instance of Chocolatey".

Yeah, that's some business REST api, if you see.

And nope, I'm not going to put BI (Busines Intelligence) on Chocolatey, on the max I would create some Metrics and Analytics and maybe some Alarms (Example.: Number of users suddently came 0 or decrease...).

I really would enjoy suggestions for this phase of the development.

Sadly I wouldn't not optimize at all Chocolatey, since I reallt think there isn't nothing more that I can improve without changing many things.

Obviously the code can be improved infinitely (that's how software development works). But no ideas cam upon my head.

But any suggestion would be awesome.

Pre-Release of Chocolatey it's here!

Check it out.:

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Possible to add a installation by FTP ?

Just upload all files in my FTP, configure chocolatey.php + database.php and it's done ? Or make a install.php file ?
I don't know what you mean with Installation by php.

You need configure the things on your pc.

Maybe on the future will create this "install.php", but you can just install on your pc and migrate the things to FTP and also copy the Database to your host.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean with Installation by php.

You need configure the things on your pc.

Maybe on the future will create this "install.php", but you can just install on your pc and migrate the things to FTP and also copy the Database to your host.

I succeeded ! :D

There's no housekeeping ? This is for when please ?

I love this project, thanks man

Last edited:
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Working on Updates of Espreso and on Feature Requests and small bug fixes on Chocolatey.

Going to commit on end this month finally a production release version of it with basic things on Espreso Housekeeping.

Really basic things like edit users, ranks and articles.

Reaction score
@saamus why not doing the HK like habbos original one?
I mean we dont know the actual look/design, but we got a lot of old HK images, I doubt they changed alot since we know that the HK user search/edit parts are linked in the vars with this for years now!

example:

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@saamus why not doing the HK like habbos original one?
I mean we dont know the actual look/design, but we got a lot of old HK images, I doubt they changed alot since we know that the HK user search/edit parts are linked in the vars with this for years now!

example:
I know you point. Actually we will code Espreso in a way that those requests will work. Laravel it's easily customizable.

But the first contributor of Chocolatey bought that template. Because that we will use it.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updating. I did a cirurgy this Saturday. I will start commiting probably after next week, because I will be busy with a academic paperI'm writing through my cellphone. I'm really sorry.Regards,Claudio

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First changes commited on GitHub.

Download a ZIP of the binaries branch to check for the updates.

Check out issue to know about the progress until Chocolatey 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back