Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i'm really curious as to roughly how much time you spend on this every day

looks like you're making a lot of progress :)

I'm in vacation now , in brazil we have 1 month in July and 2 in january and february ... , but today as my last day working on RetroCMS after that i'll start my university work , so i just will reserve 2 hours for programming.

Anyway UPDATES:
- Registration 100% Fully
- Edit Settings Working 100%

PRINTS soon... i'll put a lot of them...

Hey everbody please if someone have the layout of SULAKE HOUSEKEEPING please send me:

m.tiago - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I'm in vacation now , in brazil we have 1 month in July and 2 in january and february ... , but today as my last day working on RetroCMS after that i'll start my university work , so i just will reserve 2 hours for programming.

Anyway UPDATES:
- Registration 100% Fully
- Edit Settings Working 100%

PRINTS soon... i'll put a lot of them...

Hey everbody please if someone have the layout of SULAKE HOUSEKEEPING please send me:

m.tiago - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

Ah I see, good luck with the uni work!

Regarding the housekeeping; I created one with that style that you could use as a base if you don't find the actual one (i didn't when i looked about a year ago)

It's in this release. what a coincidence the cms also has the same design as yours :huh:

here's how it looks
GE4yQBX - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

nkoR9bN - [DEV] RetroCMS ~ The Oldschool Era is BACK !!! - PHP + PDO + MariaDB [DEV] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So whats the reason of website if we just can implement on client :/ , i remember from 2007 we redirected to club page after click on Habbo Club button if using SSO ...
It would be nice to have that page back from the past, restored to it's former glory :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
UPDATES:
- I Have to re-write my all registration control , because i find a lot of bugs if user try to force some URLs
- I'll insert a function who check if users exists in live time...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
as others have previously stated, use laravel. it basically does the job for you, all you have to do is write the code for whatever suits your cms.

I bet he's learned way more from doing it the way he has than he would of if he used a framework.

Reaction score
as others have previously stated, use laravel. it basically does the job for you, all you have to do is write the code for whatever suits your cms.

Yeah, I can understand why people don't use Laravel for a Habbo CMS.

For the dislikers: I'm putting it into perspective. Lots of people want to edit the CMS to their likings. Having something like Laravel isn't really for noobs. For people here I think having something simple is much better as people can edit it to their likings easier. I don't say Laravel is bad but I think it isn't ideal for the people that are here.

No hate on that.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
NEWS:
- I'll release probably on the end of the Month on GitHub a public Branch of RetroCMS, with some features:

1) Login and Logout
2) SSO Ticket
3) News System

Just it for now , i want to everyone test , and i'll add some features in waves if i found any bug...

Help me the clean from bugs and optimize the Core of CMS guys:

:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why do you have a file called "Decrypt.php" doing routing stuff? Why is the constructor of the Url class in the "Decrypt.php" file doing so much? I mean, so much logic in a constructor which doesn't make any sense. You even have inline comments of stuff what it does.. It would be better if you put that stuff in methods. You have a comment above a constructor telling it's a constructor. You're inconsistent with naming your methods. Why do you do a require in a constructor? I don't get why the class is called Url and in de "Decrypt.php" file, it's more like a url parser or router.

To be fair.. it was the first file I opened and stopped right after that. See the above comments as something you can improve on in the future. Non the less good luck with your development. If you ever need help, or maybe elaborate more, feel free to ask.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why are you initialising $hotel twice?
PHP:
$hotelModel = new HotelModel($Conection);
//Instance Hotel
$hotel = new Hotel();
$hotel = $hotelModel->get_HotelObject();

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Why do you have a file called "Decrypt.php" doing routing stuff? Why is the constructor of the Url class in the "Decrypt.php" file doing so much? I mean, so much logic in a constructor which doesn't make any sense. You even have inline comments of stuff what it does.. It would be better if you put that stuff in methods. You have a comment above a constructor telling it's a constructor. You're inconsistent with naming your methods. Why do you do a require in a constructor? I don't get why the class is called Url and in de "Decrypt.php" file, it's more like a url parser or router.

To be fair.. it was the first file I opened and stopped right after that. See the above comments as something you can improve on in the future. Non the less good luck with your development. If you ever need help, or maybe elaborate more, feel free to ask.

Tanks for advice , about that i keep everthing on url class just for development ( I Have plans to separate in two different classes dont worry , about the comments i do that because some friends want to understand and learn with my code... I doing to be acessible to everybody )

Why are you initialising $hotel twice?
PHP:
$hotelModel = new HotelModel($Conection);
//Instance Hotel
$hotel = new Hotel();
$hotel = $hotelModel->get_HotelObject();

TTo be honest i forgot to erase huahuaha , tanks for remember me... ( Fixed )

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
UPDATES:
- I Made a basic install script for database , u justave have to set the configuration on Core [ Database / Username / password / Server ] and works , i have plans to change and implements some features for install later

UPDATES 2:
- Move some scripts to functions on URL Decrypt
- Basic Login System Working

UPDATES 3:
- Clean some useless code
- Habbo Ticket Generator Working Perfectly
- Habbo Client Working ( have to change the IP adress on core/controls/client.php )
- Habbo Forward room almost working ( Only for private rooms i dont know why )

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
UPDATES:
- Added the Controls of Registration
- Added the installation script for users ( He creates a user Admin with Password Admin on Kepler Database )
- Added Logout

NEXT Step:
- I'll start with the credit redeem script :D
- I'll finish the registration between v11 - v21
- I'll make a Install View to set some values like DCR , Mus... and Hotel Name , Hotel Nick :D

Reaction score
Using Laravel provides much better control and ability to modify the code to your liking as you focus on the actual functionality of your project rather than reinventing the wheel. Not to mention it kind of forces you to learn the proper way to code and makes you a much better developer in the end. PHP is far too easy to duck up so why take a chance and go back to reinventing the wheel?

(Reply to several posts above)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Using Laravel provides much better control and ability to modify the code to your liking as you focus on the actual functionality of your project rather than reinventing the wheel. Not to mention it kind of forces you to learn the proper way to code and makes you a much better developer in the end. PHP is far too easy to duck up so why take a chance and go back to reinventing the wheel?

(Reply to several posts above)

- The point is like Navine sayed before , Lavarel as great but turns your project inacessible for noobs basicly , i want to let everyone can edit easy...

Yeah i agree when u said "i basicly reinventing the wheel doing all threatments by my own for URL , MVC... "

Reaction score
Anything that is not Rev and or Brain will not be noob friendly. Noob friendly implies you are basing off of a widely used community structure and or source code which is not true here. I would strongly suggest focusing on the core strength of your project rather than accessibility for newer developers

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Anything that is not Rev and or Brain will not be noob friendly. Noob friendly implies you are basing off of a widely used community structure and or source code which is not true here. I would strongly suggest focusing on the core strength of your project rather than accessibility for newer developers

I understand your point and i respect that... But i dont see te need to use a framework for "now"... maybe because i only have ("REALY IMPLEMENTED on GIT") the login and logout ,and a install script... I want to do the Language selector using Javascript before put any layout( Just Login and Logout and Client ), but i cant find any easy implementation on web... ( separated (en/es/pt...) ...

Back