Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1510
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EarthLocation
    524Posts

Re: Habbo Emulator ~ Java - Maven - Netty - HikariCP - Trove

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

@Beny. I thought the way how retro's were using RSA was useless. They're not generating random N and E keys and just use hard coded ones. It's also destructed in Habbo.swf when you're using a automatic cracking tool because they're hard coding the keys into it. RSA is pointless when you're making keys public. That's like placing a very secured forced door but place the key under the carpet outside the door. Not really active anymore with Habbo but I doubt the encryption is now used properly.

Nice progress Wesley! Some custom features like the notifications are useful in my opinion. This is the longest from scratch Habbo emulator project so far, that's worth it!
    Last edited by streamhotel; 10-06-17 at 04:41 PM.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,848Posts

You can easily make an protocol adapter? As of 1.8.0 you're able to register your own message handlers and also override implementation of the original handlers.

Also for the timers its how I originally imaged it to make it MORE dynamic by being able to run MULTIPLE games in a single room as opposed to Habbo where all games are tied to all timers. Also in 1.8.0 you can use any timer for any game.

Also I've been making things more like Habbo. Take a look at wireds for example. I've done them EXACTLY like Habbo.

I don't mind what emulator people use for their own hotel. Just use whatever they see fit. But build your own emulator, don't use mine. Not even as a base as I am not cool with that.

Anything is possible really. @Joopie has shown that you can connect using a remote database and stuff like that. Also do you really think Habbo has added a shit ton of if else statements to check against to build to determine if they should add a couple more bytes in a composer or read a bit of more bytes from an incoming message? Ofcourse not. They also just update it and if their structures have not changed all they do is just replace the header and forward the message.

Plenty of stuff you can do (shitty example but it shows enough):

Quote Originally Posted by streamhotel View Post
    @Beny. I thought the way how retro's were using RSA was useless. They're not generating random N and E keys and just use hard coded ones. It's also destructed in Habbo.swf when you're using a automatic cracking tool because they're hard coding the keys into it. RSA is pointless when you're making keys public. That's like placing a very secured forced door but place the key under the carpet outside the door.

Nice progress Wesley! Some custom features like the notifications are useful in my opinion. This is the longest from scratch Habbo emulator project so far, that's worth it!
    Exactly. With a note on the door; key under carpet. Tanji has already proven that it is obselete and useless. If you still think that encryption will 'protect' your hotel from scripting or whatever then you're wrong.

Also these custom features are seperate plugins. I won't be adding it to the emulator but will make it available for download.
    Last edited by The General; 10-06-17 at 05:42 PM.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

Deep thoughts Habbo Emulator ~ Java - Maven - Netty - HikariCP - Trove Joopie is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,583Posts

@Beny. I thought the way how retro's were using RSA was useless. They're not generating random N and E keys and just use hard coded ones. It's also destructed in Habbo.swf when you're using a automatic cracking tool because they're hard coding the keys into it. RSA is pointless when you're making keys public. That's like placing a very secured forced door but place the key under the carpet outside the door. Not really active anymore with Habbo but I doubt the encryption is now used properly.

There is a reason why it is called public. It is supposed to be there. All cracking tools replace the keys, because it is to hard to get the private key. Which, without it, makes the public key useless!

That's why most popular packetloggers simply replace it with their own keys. Then use those to intercept the data. After that they use the original public keys to send the data to habbos server.

My point is. It is implemented right. However, because we can simply edit the swf it is sort of 'useless'. But it makes it harder for people to script for.

And that works! Don't believe me? Just look at yourself, because a lot what you said is wrong.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    EverywhereLocation
    526Posts

Habbo Emulator ~ Java - Maven - Netty - HikariCP - Trove

Quote Originally Posted by Joopie View Post
    There is a reason why it is called public. It is supposed to be there. All cracking tools replace the keys, because it is to hard to get the private key. Which, without it, makes the public key useless!

That's why most popular packetloggers simply replace it with their own keys. Then use those to intercept the data. After that they use the original public keys to send the data to habbos server.

My point is. It is implemented right. However, because we can simply edit the swf it is sort of 'useless'. But it makes it harder for people to script for.

And that works! Don't believe me? Just look at yourself, because a lot what you said is wrong.
    Tanji / Flazzy actually doesn't edit the pub keys anymore in the client, it injects a function that sends the RC4 key back to Tanji with header 4001 before the client starts encrypting with it. No RSA interception necessary.

It'd be nice to see a proper RSA/DH/RC4 implementation though, everything I've seen so far was half-assed and buggy.
    hayhay.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,848Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottstamp851 View Post
    Tanji / Flazzy actually doesn't edit the pub keys anymore in the client, it injects a function that sends the RC4 key back to Tanji with header 4001 before the client starts encrypting with it. No RSA interception necessary.

It'd be nice to see a proper RSA/DH/RC4 implementation though, everything I've seen so far was half-assed and buggy.
    It won't work if your client can be decompiled / reverse engineered. FAKE NEWS TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. DONT WATCH FOX.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    EverywhereLocation
    526Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    It won't work if your client can be decompiled / reverse engineered. FAKE NEWS TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. DONT WATCH FOX.
    True. Modifying the RC4 cipher should give good results though and keep out most casual observers.
    hayhay.

MemberRank
    Jun 2017 Join Date
    2Posts

What a great development this is you have totally made me fall in love.

Good luck and I hope to hear more of your updates on the emulator!
    Last edited by Oinkz; 14-06-17 at 02:39 AM. Reason: ...

True MemberRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    482Posts

Hello there, I'm not saying that the RSA encryption WILL protect my retro, I'm saying that it will make it HARDER. Currently it is very EASY to flood the emulator with packets and easily even manipulate logging in.

Tanji can still get past the RSA, but that's just 1 client connected. Someone can use simple packet sending tool to connect with unlimited clients.

In fact, someone took my emulator down by spamming packets. Welsey added so that you must be logged in to send most of the packets. Actually he could just create a bunch of accounts, send the login packets, and then continue to take down my emulator.

Let's not argue about this though. There will never be a way to fully secure the emulator, I just want to make it harder.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,848Posts

You can also crash plus emulator by flooding it with handshakes as thats more computally intensive.

Also you say flooding it with connections, have you considered that there are multiple ways to handle this:

- Get a proxy that prevents flooding.
    - Configure your firewall properly!!!

Best way to mitigate these issues is on the lowest level possible.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    EverywhereLocation
    526Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beny. View Post
    Hello there, I'm not saying that the RSA encryption WILL protect my retro, I'm saying that it will make it HARDER. Currently it is very EASY to flood the emulator with packets and easily even manipulate logging in.

Tanji can still get past the RSA, but that's just 1 client connected. Someone can use simple packet sending tool to connect with unlimited clients.

In fact, someone took my emulator down by spamming packets. Welsey added so that you must be logged in to send most of the packets. Actually he could just create a bunch of accounts, send the login packets, and then continue to take down my emulator.

Let's not argue about this though. There will never be a way to fully secure the emulator, I just want to make it harder.
    I could've done that regardless of crypto, I'd just have the tool handshake before it started spamming lol. The best way to protect against that sort of vuln is the fix that's been implemented.
    hayhay.

SubscriberRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,214Posts

Besides, good people who know what they're doing shouldn't stoop that low into "hacking" a hotel. If somebody does, (s)he's a disgrace to the community.

Most noobs don't even know how to write a function in C#, can only rename stuff. They won't be able to hack a hotel so easy. Then, it's up to the community to NOT share any tools that can be used.

(I know "hacking" is a bit of a weird term to use, but I use it to keep it simple.)

Anyways, I agree with @The General, there are more ways to prevent it as much as possible. Just making crypto better doesn't help alone.
    https://aurora-dev.com/ - https://worldofmrjosh.com

No matter how much you fall down, you can always reach your destination by standing up again.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,848Posts

Have been kinda busy IRL. Will be picking up issues friday. Lot of the same issues have been reported which will be addressed soon. Thanks!

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,848Posts

Sorry for the lack of updates. Fixing a lot of small issues and currently testing and profiling some things. Still want to tweak some stuff.

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    /etc/rc.localLocation
    2,210Posts

Why UML if we have PAINT hahahaha.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,848Posts