Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Habbo Fastfood - HTML5 Canvas - Websockets

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi RageZone!

2020 update: The game has been released. Check the 2020 topic.

Update 2 of 2019, public beta, click here to see the update.

The game is in BÈTA now, click here for more information

Would you like to test FastFood at your hotel? Contact me through an PM or add me on Discord: MikeDev#5692

There is a new discord-group with changelog-updates:

Quick dev updates (2017 & 2018):

Update 17-02-2018: http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/habb...s-websockets-1132094-post8858115/#post8858115

Update 19-02-2018: http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/habb...s-websockets-1132094-post8858502/#post8858502

Some background information:
A time ago I started to re-create the Fastfood game from Habbo! You all know Fastfood as a game in the Habbo Gamecenter. In 2014 the game-center got discontinued en has been removed. So did the FastFood game...
Some others got it working again, but the code has been removed from the Habbo SWFs these days, and many people still like the game or liked it very much. So I thougt: Let's take it back!I worked more than one month at the game right now. It is pretty much above the 70% of beeing finished!

What is the idea?
I do not have a hotel at the moment (and I don't want it too), but many hotels want to have the FastFood game inside their hotel.

So what I am going to do is making a public server, making a API for the game and hotel-owners can let their users connect to The Fastfood Game!

Api?
Yeah, I think it is the best for a game like this, to make the game public but source closed. I will keep the game up-to-date and make new features inside the game. The reason I will keep it by myself is so there are not many different versions of the game around the retro world, just one version with a big amount of players (I hope so? XD). Hotels can create a API-key, so they can give their users access to the FastFood server.

Create a API key:
T
he hotel owner will get a Private Key and must register to get a key to The Fastfood Game. We only need these details:
- Hotel name
- Hotel URL
- Hotel language (Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish...): The game will be shown in that language for that particuar user/hotel!- Hotel country (The COM, NL, DE, FR, Es, etc.) boards will be used
Create a user:
1. Hotel API key
2. Give some details about the user:
- Username
- Unique user ID (maybe just your userID)
- Allow full-server: There will be an option to play international (full-server), or just play with people from only the current hotel.
With those information the game can save the user status (won how many times, rockets, parachutes etc.)
The API will generate a session for the user and will return a URL to where you can redirect them, something like this:
This link does work only once, so users cannot access someone else his/hers account :)

What has been build already?
- The API- Multi
- Multi-language
- Loading all images & sounds
- Server connection
- Communication between server & game
- Searching for a match
- Opening the game
- Loading avatars
- Every player has it own place within the game
- Drop food

- Shields
- Countdown
- Receiving stars (animation & serverside sent)
- Winning (at 6 stars)
- Winning boars will be under the right user
- The guests around the tables are random placed
- Guests interaction: They'll get scared and angry if you drop your food!
- Parashutes: Save your food before it is too late!

Sounds finished? What is left to be made then?
There are some things that I have to be build:
- Power ups (rocket, big parachute)

- Playing the game within just the hotel option

- Maybe spectating? Would we like that for events? Not sure about it. Give your reaction about it

Custom ideas for the game:
- Halloween theme (let the hotel choose the theme of FastFood)
- Christmas theme
- Easter theme
- More food available. There are now 5 different of food types. Maybe someone likes to design more food?
- Maybe your idea?

How many lines code are there?
There are over 3.000 javascript lines for the canvas (included white-space and comments). Serverside there are 1000 lines code.

How is the server build?
The server is build in Node.JS, I liked to learn it, so this would be a great experiment! It is fast and javascript, so it wasn't dificult to try it out!I am using the Socket.io module for handling the sockets. It is a very popular way to use websockets! So I used it.

The server may be not perfect right now, there is a lot to do, but it works very well right now :D

The following downstairs is not updated yet. The game is now in a better state and in BÈTA. Please check the dev-notes mentioned at the top of this topic

Some gamplay for what is done now:
Yesterdag (15-05-2017) I started to make it possible to drop the food. Today (16-05-2017) I made it working to save the food with the parashutes.

Look at some gameplay:
A gif (with not many frames, I suggest you click the link above for more frames)

c56c8790b24fd25aa19c62b1b080d11a - Habbo Fastfood - HTML5 Canvas - Websockets - RaGEZONE Forums

Screenshots:

Screen of the server:
MikeDev - Habbo Fastfood - HTML5 Canvas - Websockets - RaGEZONE Forums

Loadwindow of FastFood:

Lobby of FastFood:

Countdown:

Mike did win, he is receiving his 6th star (old image, the gameplay already works!). The food of the others will explode!

The winner will be indicated:

Snippets
Serverside:
When a user connects to the server with their session information, the server will look for the user and temporarely save the data as long the user is online:

Code:
[COLOR=#363636]/*[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]* Get user info[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]* getUserGameInfo("/#oF3c6P29k9nuncCjAAAA"); => NO RETURN[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]*/[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]function getUserGameInfo(sid) {[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]   var serverUID = userSessionToServerId(sid);[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#363636]   if(serverUID == "unknown") {[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       currentServer.io.to(sid).emit("get_alert", "Something went wrong. Try again later. User session did not exists.");[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       return;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]   }[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#363636]   var hotelId = serverData.onlineUsers[serverUID].hotel_id;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]   var hotelUid = serverData.onlineUsers[serverUID].hotel_uid;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#363636]   //var[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]   var tempUserInfo = {};[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]   // Ok, check the database for results[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]   db.query("SELECT uinfo.won, uinfo.lost, uinfo.played, uinfo.rockets, uinfo.parachutes, uinfo.shields FROM user_info AS uinfo WHERE uinfo.hotel_id = "+ db.escape(hotelId) +" AND uinfo.hotel_uid = "+ db.escape(hotelUid) +" LIMIT 1").on('result', function(_inf_){[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       // Put information in place[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       tempUserInfo.won        = _inf_.won;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       tempUserInfo.lost       = _inf_.lost;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       tempUserInfo.played     = _inf_.played;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       tempUserInfo.tracks     = _inf_.rockets;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       tempUserInfo.fundys     = _inf_.parachutes;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       tempUserInfo.tuckys     = _inf_.shields;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]   })[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]   .on('end', function() {[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       currentServer.io.to(sid).emit("lGgL");[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       currentServer.io.to(sid).emit("pn74bda", tempUserInfo);[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]       console.log("CLIENT [" + sid + "]: Go for it! Send to lobby!");[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]   });[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#363636]}[/COLOR]

Client-side:
There is many code to show, so I have just a few pieces for you guys:

The calculations of positions, widths and heights are not been calculated per frame. They are calculated once: when opening or re-sizing the game-window. So there is room enough for other calculations like falling-food and things like that!

I test the game on a old windows laptop (3gb memory, intel home) and the game plays very smooth! So, I think it must be playable on every computer!

Some of the position calculation and drawing:

What do you think? Do you have questions? Suggestions?
Let it know in this topic!

Greets,Mike

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty amazing. Good luck with your project!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
This looks really good, although i'm not a fan of forcing hotel owners to use your game server.

Here's some questions for you to get some activity in the thread.

- Looking at some of your snippets, it seems like you're using very specific image sizes. Is the game window adjustable to fit different screen resolutions?

- Any plans to have this work on mobile devices? Would be cool.

- Is the clickable UI also made within the canvas or do you use dom for that?

- You want every hotel to use your public server. How do you plan to scale the node application if you end up getting a large amount of traffic?

- Are you using any specific rendering techniques to optimize performance?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This looks really good, although i'm not a fan of forcing hotel owners to use your game server.

Here's some questions for you to get some activity in the thread.

- Looking at some of your snippets, it seems like you're using very specific image sizes. Is the game window adjustable to fit different screen resolutions?

- Any plans to have this work on mobile devices? Would be cool.

- Is the clickable UI also made within the canvas or do you use dom for that?

- You want every hotel to use your public server. How do you plan to scale the node application if you end up getting a large amount of traffic?

- Are you using any specific rendering techniques to optimize performance?

Hi! Thank you for your interest! Yeah I wanted to make first some more features, then I'll update the thread. I've already a lot of updates, but only improvements like better gameplay and some fixes serverside. And I am testing with some people the game. So the development is going forward anyway.

Looking at some of your snippets, it seems like you're using very specific image sizes. Is the game window adjustable to fit different screen resolutions?
Yeah, you are right. The window is scalable and everything will be scaled to the right size for that device. On every device the position of the elements will be on the same place.

The images will be resized automatically once when re-sizing the browser.

Link:

Any plans to have this work on mobile devices? Would be cool.
I have not thought about it yet, but it must be possible. I'll first make the game fully for desktop, then I will check what will be possible for mobile.

That would be very dificult by the way, the X and Y as for clicking (the offset) is sometimes different on some devices. And the texts wouldn't be readable. Maybe the user must scroll through the text and then see the 'Play!' button?

I will think about that about some time xD

Is the clickable UI also made within the canvas or do you use dom for that?
The UI is also inside the canvas. No HTML is used beside the 'canvas' element.

Inside the javascript, every click will be handled through the X and Y coordinates. The script will look at the right 'scene' and will check if the X and Y are matching an element. Like the example down here (the big-button to drop and save food).

The HTML of the whole page, the rest is javascript:

You want every hotel to use your public server. How do you plan to scale the node application if you end up getting a large amount of traffic?
I am planning to use multiple servers for parts of the world. The first server will be in The Netherlands. If there is enough people playing it, the next server will open in Germany, maybe United States and things like that.

I do not know how big the interest is at the moment, but right now I've a 1 GB ram server with two cores. That should be enough as the server is not that bussy. I am only wondering how many active connections Socket.io can handle.

For players it will be possible to follow a specific person to a server (if I use more servers). If a friend (on that hotel) plays on server 1, the hotel site can send you to that server. However, it may be dificult to find him. Maybe there will be an 'search' and 'online' function. So people can play against eachother.

For now I want to finish the main-game first (the power-ups right now). Then I will look what will be the best to handle for multiple servers.

One thing is for sure: If there will be more servers around the world, there will be an option inside the API to choose a (specific) server. (EU, US, AU ...).

Are you using any specific rendering techniques to optimize performance?
No, not realy (I think).

At the moment I draw the game at 35 times per second (35 fps). But the elements will be positioned once at the beginning or when resizing the game. So the rest of the calculating can be used for the falling food and power-ups.

At this moment the game is stable while other people are playing the game (5 or 6 people at once). So I look forward to play the game with a lot more people at once. But that is for later care :)

- Mike

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First update!

After some update-silence in this topic from me, I've added and fixed a lot of things already! Today I started on the first power up (right now the shield).

Other updates are:
- More languages added
- Fixed positioning bugs
- Falling-speed of the food is on every device the same (the speed had some difference on some device-width)
- Country code under the username added (it depends from what your hotel has setup. So when your hotel says they are in The Netherlands, the country code will be NL)
- Started with other 'themes'. First theme that is for 30% ready is Halloween
- API to play is ready ( , of course, you guys don't have an api-key, so it is worthless right now)
- Server side bug fixing
- The server calculates the possibility of saving the falling food. If you are able to save it, you will get a star, otherwise you won't. I am not sure if it works 100%. Until now it works perfectly. I love to hear feedback as soon as the first hotel(s) are trying FastFood :)
- Server side glitches have been fixed: Parashutes, giving food, ready-state and things like that. It should work 100% right now (okay, at least 99%).

Other languages?
Yeah, there are some languages available! If you want to translate the game, you are free to translate! The only thing is: You must master the language completely to translate.

Already translated languages:
- Dutch
- German
- English
- Spanish
- Italian
- Turkish

I hope more languages will follow!

BETA testing

Some people are already beta-testing on my command, so a lot bugs and glitches have been fixed already.

A screenshot of the first power up in action: Shields (I just used my last power-up like you see :p )

FastFood theme request!!
Themes!
Like I said, I was planning themes in FastFood.

I started with the first theme, Halloween. Someone helped me searching the Halloween-backgrounds. We have actually found them! But... I am missing the food images and animations. And the background images are not that good quality...

So my question is to anyone else reading this: Do you have the Halloween FastFood SWF's? Have you seen them somewhere? Is there is a release somewhere?

Who does know anything from this? Please tell me, then I can add the Halloween theme full! :D

This is what I have right now:

Like you see the images are not that good quality, and the food is still the 'default' food :/

Thank you for your interest. Because you are still reading this: If you want to test FastFood, please add me on Skype! My skype is: hobbshotel

- Mike

Last edited:

MrZ

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't forget to optimise your game. You can easily achieve 60 fps (and use less GPU)

Also, I have a question for you, are you using CanvasRenderingContext2D or WebGL?
And are you using any rendering library?

Anyway, good luck with your project :):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't forget to optimise your game. You can easily achieve 60 fps (and use less GPU)

Also, I have a question for you, are you using CanvasRenderingContext2D or WebGL?
And are you using any rendering library?

Anyway, good luck with your project :):

This is my first application what I've made in Canvas. So, this is a learning project for me, but I don't think that this game need 60fps. 32fps is fast enough for FastFood. You'll see when it comes online :)

Because this is my first Canvas project, I've just used the CanvasRenderingContext2D. So I've not used WebGL for this game yet. Would take a lot effort to re-write everything.

Thanks, I'm doing my best :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A small bad update!
This project will be inactive for at least a month from now. Due a project at my real work I need all my time for that. I will work at Fastfood when I've time again! No worries :)

But why didn't you use a library/framework like, pixijs, phaser or maybe even three.js? I assume it's for learning practische, but still :p
Yeah that's true. Honestly, I haven't thought about it yet because this is my first big project haha I didn't know there were frameworks. I tried to learn the 'canvas' element itself, didn't thought about frameworks.But is will be a lot of work to re-write everything in a framework, so that is not an option anymore... Too many is already build. But that doesn't matters. I think it works like a charm :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The project is back-in-business!

It's great to announce that I'm working on the project again. I've some great updates here to share :D

The project is in BÈTA now! I am testing live now on some retro hotels

Would you like to test FastFood at your hotel? Contact me through an PM or add me on Discord: MikeDev#5692

There is a new discord-group with changelog-updates:

Loading optimalization
All the images that are needed for the game are loaded at the beginning of the game. What I saw, because of the random loading of the images, sometimes the loadscreen images appeared after 50% was loaded. So now I changed the way it loads images: It starts loading the loadscreen images, then after those are loaded the other images are loading. So for users it is less weird to see.

Sound button:
This option wasn't available before this update. The sound icon actually muted the game-music, but not the game sounds. So what I did was adding another button. The music-note icon mutes/unmutes the FastFood theme music. The sound-button mutes and unmutes the game sounds. You can change it whenever you like.

New alerts added to the game:
The previous way I showed users information was through the simpel javascript alert. I was lazy so I didn't wanted to create alerts in canvas. However, I did change that now :p

This is how it looked like before the update:

This is how it's now:

Connection problem
I hope it won't happen, but when a user cannot connect to the gameserver it will show an notification:

But sometimes it could happen, that when you are in-game your internet stopped working. Well, Frank what have you done:

But when your connection is restored, the message changed to:

Other updates
The past week I've updated a lot of things, multiple bugs are fixed:

- Sometimes it was possible a user did not got a star while the food was landed correctly
- Food could have different speed on different screen-sizes. This problem is solved
- The food-fall-speed is changed
- Sever catches the food better now. Iprovement
- Code optimalization

FastFood Dashboard!

There is a dashboard now where hotels can see the amount of online users and there. You can:
- Add API keys (for multiple hotels that you own)
- See statistics how your users are playing FastFood
- Change power-ups
- Changing 'welcome message' for when a user enters the game

Screenshots:

User list:

Reaction score
You're making great progress Mike! Maybe you could add the rankings and weekly prices tho. And API support so hotel's can check if one or more of their players are with the lucky winners. They should feel free to give prices (and which) or not.

Here are screen of what I mean:
CffIz - Habbo Fastfood - HTML5 Canvas - Websockets - RaGEZONE Forums

It shouldn't be 100% the same as Habbo like without the friends ranking and just a global ranking page for all hotels that are using the API.

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're making great progress Mike! Maybe you could add the rankings and weekly prices tho. And API support so hotel's can check if one or more of their players are with the lucky winners. They should feel free to give prices (and which) or not.

Here are screen of what I mean:

It shouldn't be 100% the same as Habbo like without the friends ranking and just a global ranking page for all hotels that are using the API.

Thanks! Great to hear!

I like the idea, I already was thinking about a call-back API. When a user wins that the server sends post-data in the background to your hotel (a PHP page or whatever you like) to update the status of your user.

Maybe you like to give your user a 'VIP' rank after 20 wins or some special-credits every time the user wins a game. So you can stimulate the users to play (and win) the game.

I like a global-ranking system, but a hotel-rank system too. Both is possible and is not hard to make, it's on the wish-list now :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Really good project. Implementing a JSON API would be awesome to pull stats.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update: Public Build 4

--
Would you like to test FastFood at your hotel? Contact me through an PM or add me on Discord: MikeDev#5692There is a new Discord group with changelog-updates:
--

For this update I added the first power-up to the game. It's the shield! It's finnaly possible to use at least one power-up in a game.

Reward system
Another thing that is added is a reward system. When a user wins a game, the reward system gives the user 1 shield as reward. In the future it will be possible that you get different power-ups per game that you've won. But since there is only one power-up available yet, you get that one right now.
Player statistics
There are some server-changes made for making it possible to update the dashboard. The statistics are getting updated now. You can see now the stats of all your users: the amount of played games and the amount of lost or won games.

Within the dashboard you can reset the won games and the lost games. This means you can create events on your hotel: Win the most FastFood games

Screen of the power-up:

e49b9512de17b676eb5738c0ad571e2b - Habbo Fastfood - HTML5 Canvas - Websockets - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The game is still in development, a 500+ hotel is testing the game now. I get a lot of feedback. Soon there will be more information about some changes in FastFood!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update 4.2

There are some updates I'd like to share! First of all, if you're interested in this project, do not forget to join the Discord server:

After a year no updates, I started this weekend on rewriting the server. I've learned some new techniques last year that I wanted to use for the project. I've written the server in TypeScript now. The TypeScript source is compiled to javascript to work as a NodeJS server.

The rewrite of the server was needed as the previous one wasn't stable and had some very messed up code. Now it has clean code :)

The server is fully functional now. Some screenshots and server snippets are below the changelog.

Changelog
- Rewritten the server to TypeScript
- Database connection
- Socket manager
- Accepting client connections
- Session manager (for new clients and associate client with player)
- Player manager (loading player objects)
- Players are cached (less database requests) but they will be removed from the cache after beeing offline for 30 minutes

Improved match making. I've made it future proof:
- it could have the posibility to invite players to battle agains, it isn't there yet but I'd like to build it in
- it could have spectators (very handy for events and see other people battling against eachother)
- after you left a game while the game is still going (you got a disconnect), it will be possible to rejoin the match if it is still going on

- Improved match handling to active games
- Matches are seperated by different rooms where data will be emited to (quicker server responses to player actions)
- Made it possible to play multiple game matches with the same people (starting another game after finishing the previous one), this will be an extra game mode soon. It already works, but there is no button & match-que for.
- Shields are working (and fixed some bugs on the client side)
- User stats are updated after a game is finished (for the statistics in the dashboard)
- Maintenance window working gain. The server will shutdown automatically after all on-going matches are finished (and restart)

I've not seen any crashes the past few days. I think rewriting the game was a good choice :)

What now?

For now, I'm going to add a scoreboard on the frontpage to see who is the best player of that hotel (player top 3 of today and the best 3 players of all time). It is possible to clean the scoreboards for the API owner. The scoreboard will be updated automatically.

I'd like to build a tutorial also, so when you enter FastFood with a new account for the first time, your players will see a tutorial how it works and what you can do.

I'm also going to update the dashboard and will also start on trying to write some javascript for hotel-clients that will open FastFood as soon someone enters the 'Gamecenter'. It should be possible as the client has some events that can be tracked.

Screenshots of the new server structure

Source SessionManager.ts

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update: Public beta, scoreboard added & dashboard update

I've some new super cool awesome updates!

First of all, the website of the game went online ( ), this game is now in public beta. Everyone is free to register and make use of the API that is available.

Please do know the game is in beta and the current server is in The Netherlands (Amsterdam). The best connections would be in Europe. More servers around the world will follow soon. Follow progress in the Discord.

Scoreboards
My idea was to add some kind of scoreboard to the game. As there was no place on the home screen, I've made from the 'how it works' some kind of 'tip' window. So you can press the 'next tip' button to see the next tip. I think people will actively see how the game works as they must press the button to know more.
The scoreboards are only showing players from the API-holder.

The scoreboards can be reset by every API-holder in the dashboard. The statistics are cached, so they're not updated directly after someone wins. It could take up to 1 hour before the scoreboards gets updated.

The scoreboard rotates with 'Best player of today', this scoreboard is not working yet (it will stay on 'Nobody yet' until it's made). But work is in progress for this scoreboard.

Dashboard update
The dashboard got also an updated.

Hotel owners are now able to see how many players there are online of their hotel, how many sessions there were the last 24 hours and how many players there online on the whole server.

The online status will be updated every minute. When a user goes online and offline it won't count as an 'online' user.

Changelog
- Added scoreboard "Best players of all times" on the right side of the screen
- Made the 'Be quick - the fastest wins!' smaller and something like 'tips'. So people will watch and read it sooner (by clicking 'Next tip »')
- Server bug fixes- Player get a reward after winning a game (1 shield)
- Dashboard update

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update: Dashboard & server updates
The previous update was a long time ago. So, time for an update!

Server updates:
Changelog of server maintenance that has been done this week:
- Fixed possible server crash when a player disconnects, but wasn't fully loaded at server side (this happened when a lot of players were online)
- Fixed a problem with picking the wrong winner in some situations
- Keep track of the amount of matches that have been played
- Stability fixes

Dashboard updates:
The dashboard also got some updates! Fancy analytics!

I've added the 'Matches played in the last 24 hours' this week. Also you're now able to see the amount of matches that have been played for the whole game the past 24 hours.

Dashboard API docs:

Soon I'll work on a new 'documentation' page about how you're able to use the API. There is already one available, but it doesn't talk about all the endpoints that there are available yet. Probably this will be done next week!

More updates soon!

Back