Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Habbo Hotel: C# Server .NET Core, Sockets - Web App. (Canvas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Habbo Hotel Revision: Based off HTML5 canvas'.

Habbo Hotel Revision: Based off HTML5 canvas'.

Thread is undergoing changes, project has been revived as of 2018-06-15.

Screenshots: version 0.9-a1

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: Habbo Hotel: [ C# Server (.NET Core, Sockets) ] - [ Node.JS Web App. (Canvas) ]

I love it ! :D

It's a good beggining !

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Re: Habbo Hotel: [ C# Server (.NET Core, Sockets) ] - [ Node.JS Web App. (Canvas) ]

I think you should put the messages as JSON instead of ini ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I think you should put the messages as JSON instead of ini ?

It really doesn't matter what file format is, the JQuery reads the messages per windows default line (( \n )), I could switch it to XML but then I'd have to change the format the client reads it, and that adds unneeded pressure on the client which could be used to load other files and data. I'll look into it and see what I can do, altenatively I'll change the file to a normal .txt file.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

It really doesn't matter what file format is, the JQuery reads the messages per windows default line (( \n )), I could switch it to XML but then I'd have to change the format the client reads it, and that adds unneeded pressure on the client which could be used to load other files and data. I'll look into it and see what I can do, altenatively I'll change the file to a normal .txt file.

It's just that I thought JSON was the standard for JavaScript data

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

It's just that I thought JSON was the standard for JavaScript data

Very well, switched to JSON. GitHub has been updated. I'll add exception handling support when I get home.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

How will you handle the avatars in this project? sprites, polygons?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

How will you handle the avatars in this project? sprites, polygons?

Let's take this development part by part, you know? I wanna focus on building the actual game engine before going for "specific" parts, I've seen others start with rooms, avatars and so on, and just pushing everything aside. I wanna make this development from bottom to up, starting with the server and client's loading stage, continuing on with the landing view and small details as such. Everything will be made, it may just take some time.

To answer your question: I'm not sure at this moment, I probably will be using sprites as mentioned.

Reaction score

For some reason I actually get the feeling that this is a project that will see a release at some point. Good luck, I hope you will be able to learn a lot from your project and finish a couple of Habbo functionalities.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Let's take this development part by part, you know? I wanna focus on building the actual game engine before going for "specific" parts, I've seen others start with rooms, avatars and so on, and just pushing everything aside. I wanna make this development from bottom to up, starting with the server and client's loading stage, continuing on with the landing view and small details as such. Everything will be made, it may just take some time.

To answer your question: I'm not sure at this moment, I probably will be using sprites as mentioned.
Sounds like you are actually giving this your all and not rushing. I wish you all the luck! I'd love to see someone actually finish a project for this already.

Reaction score

Ah the good old HTML5 that has killed every developer attempting it so far. Good luck on it. Out of curiosity, why are you using multiple languages instead of keeping it within Node.js?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ah the good old HTML5 that has killed every developer attempting it so far. Good luck on it. Out of curiosity, why are you using multiple languages instead of keeping it within Node.js?
For the sake of learning.

Reaction score

For the sake of learning.
I get the sake of learning, but combing multiple languages into tech stacks tends to over complicate features and lead to issues down the road. But it may be better off since a lot of people have trouble managing large Node-projects :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I get the sake of learning, but combing multiple languages into tech stacks tends to over complicate features and lead to issues down the road. But it may be better off since a lot of people have trouble managing large Node-projects :p

Not gonna lie, if I'd go for a nose.jd back end server, I'd end up copy and pasting, I'm better off using a language that I can recognize and can use.

/sorry for the small answers, on my phone rn/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Quick update:

I've added sockets to the server to handle web socket, the handshake and messaging has been set up. The github will be updated probably tomorrow.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I hope this project will not be abandoned as it has already happened to everyone else.

Good luck and good job for all! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Habbo Hotel: [ C# Server (.NET Core, Sockets) ] - [ Web App. (Canvas) ]

Git 1.0.0
  • Added 1 new client sided server configuration: timeout, it's an integer which amount replicates how many seconds the clients should be allow to attempt a connection before timing out. Recommended value is to be 30 or lower.
  • Fixed an issue with the LoadingHandler which may have interupted the canvas handling.
  • Also added a simple math eqvuation to allow percentages such as 99.999 to be displayed as 99.
  • Added a LoadingHandler.fadeScreen(callback) to fade out the loading screen.
  • Added a packet header called ValidateAuthTicket to the client.
  • Began work on the UI handling, will be reconstructed however.
  • As said, implemented the sockets to the client.
  • Implemented footer tool bar & landing view. (To be reconstructed slightly.).
  • Reconstructed the MySQL database handling in the server, removing the DatabaseQuery class.
  • Implemented the UserFactory to the server.

See all changes on the .​

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Live-stream coding.
I normally don't announce this, I usually just edit the thread with a direct video tag, however since I'll be streaming for a constant 12 to 24 hours (just a goal, depends on what happens). The stream is just me, developing this project. Feedback are always accepted as long as they're constructive. If you're just gonna be complaining, you will face a stream ban.

Thanks.

Can't see the tag? Visit

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Live-stream coding.
I normally don't announce this, I usually just edit the thread with a direct video tag, however since I'll be streaming for a constant 12 to 24 hours (just a goal, depends on what happens). The stream is just me, developing this project. Feedback are always accepted as long as they're constructive. If you're just gonna be complaining, you will face a stream ban.

Thanks.

Can't see the tag? Visit

Video is blocked because it had content of UMG/WMG.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Video is blocked because it had content of UMG/WMG.

I'm aware of that, stream ended couple hours ago, managed to do 9hours before sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back