Habbo Hotel: C# Server .NET Core, Sockets - Web App. (Canvas)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Deep thoughts Habbo Hotel: C# Server .NET Core, Sockets  - Web App. (Canvas) Joopie is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,669Posts

Re: Habbo Hotel: [ C# Server (.NET Core, Sockets) ] - [ Web App. (Canvas) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Luicy View Post
    Git 1.0.1
    • Created a simple Image2Array console application, converts a bitmap to a pixel array with color & position.
    • Implemented a client sided image caching class, this is ran every single time the client loads.
    • Moved the loading action messages to a single client_config.json.
    • Implemented dynamic landing views, meaning they are defined in the client_config.json
    • Implemented text variables: bottom tool bar, generic alerts, catalogue title.
    • Changed font from WOFF to default TTF.
    • Modified the canvas handler to work asyncronously.
    • Added a CanvasHandler.drawImageSprite, works as defined.
    • Added a CanvasHandler.setContextShadow, to allow image and object shadows.
    • Added a CanvasHandler.calculateImage which both caches and calculates an image's width and heigth.
    • Moved almost all configuration to a single class.
    • Implemented a few socket handlings.
    • Implemented the bottom bar and landing view.
    • And more, review the GitHub link below.

See all changes on the GitHub.
    I just have a few questions and comments..
    - What is the purpose of converting images to a json format?
    - Be careful to not make the CanvasHandler to big/have much responsibility. I suggest to splits things up in smaller and manageable chunks.
    - Why not send JSON via WebSockets instead of just strings (anything else to make your life easier works too)? Or atleast make something to make message handling alot easier.
    - Whats the reason of making new canvasses? The "newCanvas" and "newContext" is quite worring me..
    - Make sure you code maintanable. I see alot of hardcoded numbers and stuff. For example the Catalog contains lots of rectangle positions and stuff. I've no clue what it does.
    - Your main.js is just a pain to see (sorry). There are libraries which solve that problem (or atleast the solution is better). For example: async-waterfall.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    679Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joopie View Post
    - Be careful to not make the CanvasHandler to big/have much responsibility. I suggest to splits things up in smaller and manageable chunks.
    - Why not send JSON via WebSockets instead of just strings (anything else to make your life easier works too)? Or atleast make something to make message handling alot easier.
    - Whats the reason of making new canvasses? The "newCanvas" and "newContext" is quite worring me..
    - Make sure you code maintanable. I see alot of hardcoded numbers and stuff. For example the Catalog contains lots of rectangle positions and stuff. I've no clue what it does.
    - Your main.js is just a pain to see (sorry). There are libraries which solve that problem (or atleast the solution is better). For example: async-waterfall.
    It'll probably be a better idea to stack Async/Await tasks then use Async.waterfall

True MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    461Posts

Aside from the fact that those functions are a bit misleading and just returns an existing canvas element; using multiple canvasses is fairly common and probably essential for a habbo replica. No need to redraw the floor and walls of a room on every frame.

Quote Originally Posted by LeChris View Post
    It'll probably be a better idea to stack Async/Await tasks then use Async.waterfall
    #es5life
    Last edited by Konquer; 05-03-18 at 10:52 PM.

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    49Posts

The converting to pixel bytes was just a tool for me to calculate corners quickier, I'm using mostly PNG images anyway.

The CanvasHandler is just a replacement for the default javascript defined canvas's to minimize the code and make it easier to use.

The server is actually sending JSON objects through the Web Socket for specific parts, however, one or two messages contains only one parameter, and therefore I skipped the JSON convertion as I've heavily noticed the JSON library I'm using in C# may be very slow at some points.

The name of newCanvas and newContext may be confusing indeed, they're basically used to identify a canvas element and a canvas context, useless in some views however I find it useful.

Having to documentate every single pixel I'm using will just slow the proccess down and will just end up being a waste of time. See this for example:
    https://prnt.sc/inbf9d

I'll have a look and see what I can do about the main.js.

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    49Posts

I've re written the core to work with better compability, now also supporting dynamic mobile usage. The GitHub hasn't been updated as I'm still debugging the code on different browsers and amount of memory usage. A statistic post will be given in the GutHub push including 3 different modern browsers and devices.

Basically what this update is that every class was rewritten and cleaned under 2-3 days, keep in mind that this has been a slow process since I'm tired every day from being in school and this will indeed affect this development where as the most time will be spent on weekends.

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    49Posts

I've ceased the development for about a week due to in-real-life issues, this won't be any problem for upcoming development to happen within one or two weeks depending on what happens when my relationship. However, the development is not dead but it's slow. A board moderator may take the decision whether to close this thread upon further notice or keep it unlocked, either one works. I just wanted to imply that the development is not dead, it's only ceased for a moment.

ModeratorRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    BelguimLocation
    1,243Posts

Re: Habbo Hotel: C# Server .NET Core, Sockets - Web App. (Canvas)

Re-opened on request to continue development @Luicy

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    679Posts

I don't think Luicy is gonna continue this

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    /etc/rc.localLocation
    2,255Posts

Hm.. I cannot see the repository or the video. What was this supposed to be? xD

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    679Posts

Where'd you go? I miss you so...it seems like its been forever since you've been gone. Please come back home
    Dead Thread

MemberRank
    Jan 2018 Join Date
    SpainLocation
    50Posts

I don't think is a good idea to come back again with emulators, my opinion is that we should work on a complete Web browser version. (Js HTML)
    Microsoft bought GitHub.
    Moving to GitLab.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/KeenGomezz
    Discord: Ken#6059

V.I.P  Rank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,331Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lElectrico View Post
    I don't think is a good idea to come back again with emulators, my opinion is that we should work on a complete Web browser version. (Js HTML)
    Ehh:

Client: HTML5 web application using canvas's and Object Oriented JavaScript.
    Isn't that what it is? And even then you need a "emulator" (AKA server)
    Developer of Aurora (huge oldskool & Habbo BETA project):
    http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/v9-r3...netty-1132388/

- C# developer
    - Webdeveloper

Contact me @ discord: navv13#8055

MemberRank
    Jan 2018 Join Date
    SpainLocation
    50Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navine View Post
    Ehh:

Isn't that what it is? And even then you need a "emulator" (AKA server)
    Server: C# .NET Core (Console Application) using sockets.

Well, you don't manage an emulator that does connections and logic at all, it's only server for sockets nothing else.
    Microsoft bought GitHub.
    Moving to GitLab.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/KeenGomezz
    Discord: Ken#6059

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    679Posts

That’s because this is an “emulator” that works with web sockets. It’s not using flash, or anything like that to add additional functionality on top of the SWF layer. It’s recreating the whole experience in HTML5 and JavaScript.

Regardless, Luicy left the scene within of week of posting this. Check out Bobba.io thread instead

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    49Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeChris View Post
    That’s because this is an “emulator” that works with web sockets. It’s not using flash, or anything like that to add additional functionality on top of the SWF layer. It’s recreating the whole experience in HTML5 and JavaScript.

Regardless, Luicy left the scene within of week of posting this. Check out Bobba.io thread instead
    hello.

im back from the dead.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Advertisement