Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hornet Emulator - Javascript

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: HornetEmulator JavascriptRelease

I could easily say Arcturus is attempting to mimic my own structure by using a global class, if this really is up for debate. Go back in all of my projects long before Arcturus was out, and you would see TG trying to copy approaches I took.

ONT
Decent project. you should use an ORM for your emulator as it will speed up development and help prevent SQLi in the future.

Also, Type->Node->C++ is the compile chain

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks all.

I'm delete all structure of Arcturus or bloon, of bloonjs i only used the connection and basic user information, I deleted the room system and the pathfinder, which was what I used in bloon lmao, but okey redoing things is better
The things I leaved of bloon are examples to guide me in the future :junglejane::junglejane:
Ubbel - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score

What other emulator uses an Emulator class?
So what other emulator is using Emulator.getGameEnvironment?
What other emulator uses Emulator.getDatabase().getPool().prepare?

Also not to mention its based on @BurakDev his emulator which he based on Arcturus (Ask it himself ).

Ohh you...

What other emulator uses an Emulator class?

bfly: Game

So what other emulator is using Emulator.getGameEnvironment?

bflly: ButterflyEnvironment.Game

What other emulator uses Emulator.getDatabase().getPool().prepare?

bfly: ButterflyEnvironment.GetDatabaseManager().getQueryreactor()

:?:

Ohh poor little you. Someone looked at your source code and got inspired by it and made his own emulator in another programming language without copying any of your code. Boo hoo. How long have you been around in this section? Tons of your codebase follow patterns that are in butterfly and most other emulator. The entire community is based on ripping off some previous generation emulator, regardless of what programming language it is. bfly was an edit of uber. Uber was based off Ion, which relates to Holograph Emulator. The ideas, patterns, and behavior is often not much different. I still find it strange you still use the term <something>manager although you don't see them around any more in other code bases. I really wonder where you got that term from, HMMM. Seriously, grow the duck up and be happy someone is appreciating your work and are getting inspired by it. Also, that config file looks an awful lot , which we ironically were too lazy to remove the Uber part.

Back on-topic:

Well done OP, although I don't think JS/Node is a good idea on backend (I see it more or less as how Visual Basic was used in the 'old' days of retros, and projects like these makes me just strengthen that view). I see Uncle Claudio commented on some git stuff, if you have a git repo up, mind linking that in the main post?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Looks like you're trying to mimic the Arcturus emulator structure. Invent your own poop.
boi im weak this guy is talkin bout stealing a structure in another language
weakkkk :sheep:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Any news ? Yes I made BloonJS from Arcturus class/database structure but is just a PoC of an emulator written in typescript/nodejs, isn't harder than making new and fresh structure better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back