Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hornet Emulator - Javascript

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi.

First of all, i'm spanish and my english is very bad, I used Google Translate.

This is a emulator that will try to emulate the basic features of Habbo.

Features in-Game (Finished):
  • Loading room layouts.
  • Basic walking and path finding
  • Chatting works, we just need add the chat commands and the filter.
  • Loading profile information
  • The ability to change your look and Motto.
  • The HotelView

Features of the emulator:
  • Cache System
  • Thread Pool
  • Stable sockets

Things that still need to be done:
  • Navigator
  • Console
  • Catalog
  • Inventory

Screenshots
78c4105dc8e174d50925db03b7e2de6b - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

cb4e7d3e49a5f27bfcd0f213191bfb6e - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

43fcf63bb4b9c9fe3ef4f3450bf18a56 - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

447a46896d9f17151d4df9ccaa20d808 - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

c9aa4cfe419bae8a7843d00305880afc - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

13a5513bf791a6fb639ceaf32f3288dc - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

aa6a1ba719a2cabdc660602413dda555 - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

Thank's to @BurakDev for base that we are remodeling and adding things.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: HornetEmulator JavascriptRelease

Looks interesting! Could you provide some code snippets of your Javascript code?
What do you want to see? PD: the code is typescript transpile to js and nodejs execute this.

PD2: Look at point(
e2491f2d1196124674b7ba57728f7d9a - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

)

PD3: I would like to set up a hotel test to test with real users

Attachments

Reaction score

What do you want to see? PD: the code is typescript transpile to js and nodejs execute this.

PD2: Look at point(
e2491f2d1196124674b7ba57728f7d9a - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

)

PD3: I would like to set up a hotel test to test with real users
Some part of your typescript code like socket listener for example or a class like the User class. I was wondering how clean your code is. Thanks!

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

More than a year ago, a public user a project called TigerEmulator this was developed in NodeJS. I think this project is a bit more like Tiger.
a16941aea376266aaea4f395607b3739 - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

I would miss seeing the project in a repository to confirm it.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Some structures, such as the way to make a query, I make them as arcturus, basically because we like that way.

This is the way in which I get the item through its pageId *and realized the consult*

c6ac0e68e4b462eb476c7437cf9a9bbc - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

And the constructor.

f117255567b2490ab6debee7ae52269c - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

The socket is the one made by Burak.

As I said before, the burak base is still being remodeled, some things, obviously not because it would be better
Glaceon when i finish the buy and place furniture in rooms, I will try to open a hotel test, but I assure you nothing because I do not have a vps
Sorry for my bad english :(

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Some structures, such as the way to make a query, I make them as arcturus, basically because we like that way.

This is the way in which I get the item through its pageId *and realized the consult*

c6ac0e68e4b462eb476c7437cf9a9bbc - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

And the constructor.

f117255567b2490ab6debee7ae52269c - Hornet Emulator - Javascript - RaGEZONE Forums

The socket is the one made by Burak.

As I said before, the burak base is still being remodeled, some things, obviously not because it would be better
Glaceon when i finish the buy and place furniture in rooms, I will try to open a hotel test, but I assure you nothing because I do not have a vps
Sorry for my bad english :(

Very nice, but you don't have to use a ternary operator for variables like this.isLimited.
Instead of:
Code:
this.isLimited = <number>row.is_limited == 1 ? true : false;
save yourself some time by just doing this:
Code:
this.isLimited = <number>row.is_limited == 1;

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Very nice, but you don't have to use a ternary operator for variables like this.isLimited.
Instead of:
Code:
this.isLimited = <number>row.is_limited == 1 ? true : false;
save yourself some time by just doing this:
Code:
this.isLimited = <number>row.is_limited == 1;

Haha is the custom and Kyess this is not Tiger

Reaction score

Looks like you're trying to mimic the Arcturus emulator structure. Invent your own poop.

Also your code is inconsistent.

Also defining if an item is tradable should not be done in the catalog_items table. Same goes for recycling and stackable. Don't think you understand concepts...

I think it is cool when people have a go at creating their own emulator but it is definitely NOT OK to just copy someone elses emulator structure.

topkek amirite??
Reaction score

Looks like you're trying to mimic the Arcturus emulator structure. Invent your own poop.

Also your code is inconsistent.

Also defining if an item is tradable should not be done in the catalog_items table. Same goes for recycling and stackable. Don't think you understand concepts...

I think it is cool when people have a go at creating their own emulator but it is definitely NOT OK to just copy someone elses emulator structure.
Ahahahaha

Arcturus looks just like any other emulator you can find here, you're a funny lad Wesley.

Reaction score

Honestly I really wonder what youtube tutorial you followed...

OP why you use Emulator.getGameEnvironment().getItemsManager() in LoadCatalogItems which is called from the ItemsManager CONSTRUCTOR the while you are in the itemmanager class? Basically calling an object that technically has not been initialised yet?

Why does GetItemCategoryById return a list of catalogitems even though the method name implies that it will return a category?

Why do you make a temporary variable row in LoadCatalogItems()? Why don't you use for in on the resultset?

If your Items member variable is public, why add a putCatalogItems method in the ItemsManager class?

Why do you have a CatalogItem and CatalogItems class? Easy to make mistakes and it is confusing if others read your code.

You are mixing camelCase and PascalCase resulting in an inconsistent codebase.

Why name a variable singular while it denotes a list of CatalogItems ? (Line 31 ItemManager)

Why name a variable plural while it donates a single Item? (Line 32 ItemManager)

This is less than 100 lines of code.

Ahahahaha

Arcturus looks just like any other emulator you can find here, you're a funny lad Wesley.

Oh yeah?

What other emulator uses an Emulator class?
So what other emulator is using Emulator.getGameEnvironment?
What other emulator uses Emulator.getDatabase().getPool().prepare?

Also not to mention its based on BurakDev his emulator which he based on Arcturus (Ask it himself ).

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

The General I hope you're not saying people can't use Emulator class anymore... but I get your point kinda. Still, I don't think you can hate on somebody for using a "similar"(/same) emulator structure. Also you meant to say BloonJS is PORTED from Arcturus. It can't be BASED on Arcturus since those are 2 different languages. Just saying.

But let the OP do his development and if you don't like it, don't visit it. No need for all the hate here.

I do agree with you on the consistency part though.
Ubbel I agree with The General on the consistency part. You should really keep your code consistent.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

First of all, the emulator is being written by me and a friend, he decided to use the base Bloon to what I accepted, believe me that we are reshaping everything so that it does not look anything like your emulator.

Second, I am testing the best way to do things.

Third, I know that the name of the functions is not correct, but I will change them.

fourth, the features I'm adding are not based on your emulator code.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

First of all, the emulator is being written by me and a friend, he decided to use the base Bloon to what I accepted, believe me that we are reshaping everything so that it does not look anything like your emulator.

Second, I am testing the best way to do things.

Third, I know that the name of the functions is not correct, but I will change them.

fourth, the features I'm adding are not based on your emulator code.
Some git tips. Don't put unstable code or (let's test it) code on `master` branch.

Create a branch called development or something like that and put all your "drawings", "concepts" inside it.

It's really important only the master branch contain the real "layout" of something. This prevents people of thinking that your code is bad because you're adding some debugging things/testing things.

I hope that this development goes to a good release. So much emulator development threads, only that I really see being active enough it's Wesley's Arcturus Emulator.

Good luck.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

If OP could write proper code there would be no need to copy Bloon. And structure wise it can well be based. But I hope you see my point that OP doesn't seem to be competent to code and only copies as he goes.
Learning something new starts by copying others, be happy that he uses your stuff as an example instead of hating. Ib4 bashing I'm sure when you started programming you were incompetent of writing this as well so no need to say things like that.

@Glaceon said everything I wanted to say about this.

Some git tips. Don't put unstable code or (let's test it) code on `master` branch.

Create a branch called development or something like that and put all your "drawings", "concepts" inside it.

Also don't abuse your branch for committing changes of a single file. I really recommend reading article if you're starting with GIT, it sums up what @saamus said about GIT but with pictures!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Sorry if I got confused I was not Tiger was BloonJS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back