Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HTML5] Habbo5 [Typescript, Vue, Webpack, WebSocket]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
has almost all the images extracted from the old dcr files so I get most of the images for e.g. the navigator there. For newer things I use an swf decompiler such as to extract individual images from the flash files. There's no automation.

I've got a specific question about furniture: when you extract the images from the flash files, how does the client know how to place them correctly - I mean, not too high, not too far to the left etc. Is this info somwhere in the swfs?

EDIT: i've tried Trillix on an SWF and this info seems to be there, but do you know how to read the values?

Also do you plan on adding the shadows? And how does colouring the furniture work?
Lots of questions :p

If you want to specifically see how the packets etc are handled in the older versions you should probably use Kepler or another recent oldschool server as reference. If you just want look at an emulator to understand how they handle the core habbo functionality you can pretty much look at any well written emulator regardless of what version it's for.

Is this the most advanced emulator? I mean, does it have photos and battleball for example?

Thanks for your swift reply!

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've got a specific question about furniture: when you extract the images from the flash files, how does the client know how to place them correctly - I mean, not too high, not too far to the left etc. Is this info somwhere in the swfs?

Here's a tool that lets you see (and edit) the positional values of furniture. I don't use it for this but i did use it back when i ran hotels to edit furniture and works like a charm.

What I did for the furniture that are in habbo5 currently is
1. extract the images from the swf
2. throw them in some spritesheet/atlas generator ( )
3. create the furniture script and guesstimate the position values. it's not too hard to guess what offsets they should have because you can sort of tell by looking at the width/height differences etc and then after 2-3 changes they usually have the correct positions.

probably worthwhile to create a tool for this though.. that's just how i did it to get a few furnis in to test them

Also do you plan on adding the shadows?

they can already be added in the furniture script by setting their position relative to the tile coordinate. i was just lazy :p

And how does colouring the furniture work?

can also be done in the furniture scripts as the imagedata is exposed there. it also wouldn't hurt anyone to add 10 colored dragons to the same spritesheet, since it's a single image and not 10 different images it's only like 2kb extra or something

Is kepler the most advanced emulator? I mean, does it have photos and battleball for example?

Haven't got a clue. It has the camera but i don't think it has battleball. Don't really know anything about it other than what people say about it on the forums. Seems to be really good though :)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Here's a tool that lets you see (and edit) the positional values of furniture. I don't use it for this but i did use it back when i ran hotels to edit furniture and works like a charm.

What I did for the furniture that are in habbo5 currently is
1. extract the images from the swf
2. throw them in some spritesheet/atlas generator ( )
3. create the furniture script and guesstimate the position values. it's not too hard to guess what offsets they should have because you can sort of tell by looking at the width/height differences etc and then after 2-3 changes they usually have the correct positions.

probably worthwhile to create a tool for this though.. that's just how i did it to get a few furnis in to test them

Cool!
Are you familiar with this thread? Just found out about it.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/furniture-swf-html-ready-format-1143616/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seeing this really intrigues me to pick up on my own project (http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/pixelbuilder-html5-pixi-js-1022627/). I also built a Habbo version in HTML5 with Joery. We used plain javascript for everything, not even a framework. Also, the whole UI Was in the canvas. There are still some old pictures online in the thread. The videos and most gifs are dead though. The server was written in NodeJS, but wasn't near to finished when we left the project 3 years ago.

I'd like to join this project if that'd fit for you. Please contact me via PM or Telegram (@ankilo)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't want to push, but are there any updates? :s

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just seconding Galago here with the question if this still a thing?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Just seconding Galago here with the question if this still a thing?

Although I have not lost interest in this topic, I have just come to enjoy creating original games more, which is what most of my spare time goes to now a days.

I uploaded the client source if you're interested.

I will come back to this some time if Habbo don't beat me to it :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Which functions does it have so far? Walking avatars with customizable clothing? Furniture?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Which functions does it have so far? Walking avatars with customizable clothing? Furniture?

login, register, room navigation, avatar walking, stairs, furniture (non-moveable), camera drag. that's the main features i can remember.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
About half a year ago I started this project from scratch for the third time. I didn't post anything in this thread because I knew I would lose interest again as usual.

I recently picked up where I left and am excited to continue working on it for however long it turns out to be this time around. The Habbo client tease is definitely a good source of motivation right now.

It is by far the most performant iteration yet. Here's a little teaser of what i've been working on this week.

fXgoEx4 - [HTML5] Habbo5 [Typescript, Vue, Webpack, WebSocket] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Items can be moved, rotated and picked up

jPJa5BU - [HTML5] Habbo5 [Typescript, Vue, Webpack, WebSocket] - RaGEZONE Forums

Just a doubt, are u implementing the pathfinder on serverside or clientside ?

Pathfinding is done serverside. Every tick (0.5s) a snapshot of changes made to avatars since the last tick is broadcasted to all clients in the room.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Items can be moved, rotated and picked up

jPJa5BU - [HTML5] Habbo5 [Typescript, Vue, Webpack, WebSocket] - RaGEZONE Forums

Pathfinding is done serverside. Every tick (0.5s) a snapshot of changes made to avatars since the last tick is broadcasted to all clients in the room.

wow, that's so clean!

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That sounds great

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HTML5 Habbo5 Typescript Vue Webpack WebSocket

Yes, it applies to web pages I maintain and design.Oh, sorry about the subject. I got confused with my other post. This is an HTML control question.

Back