[HTML5] Habbo5 [Typescript, Vue, Webpack, WebSocket]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    37Posts

Re: spaghetti html5

Do you have a public or private Git repository of some kind?
    I'd like to look at how you've done it.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    458Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delight View Post
    Do you have a public or private Git repository of some kind?
    I'd like to look at how you've done it.
    This is pretty much the same thing but without avatars. Source included.
    habbo5 | isometric tile projection engine

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking for. The front end part as in how the images are drawn onto the canvas or as in how to get the images in the first place?

MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    37Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Konquer View Post
    This is pretty much the same thing but without avatars. Source included.
    habbo5 | isometric tile projection engine

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking for. The front end part as in how the images are drawn onto the canvas or as in how to get the images in the first place?
    Both, but most how you got the images in the first place.
    I'm trying to code my own, just using WebGL instead.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    458Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delight View Post
    Both, but most how you got the images in the first place.
    I'm trying to code my own, just using WebGL instead.

I got the floor tile images from google I think, you can download them from the thread i linked to in the last reply. The avatar images are spritesheets that looks like this

It's a temporary solution, but suits my cause for now. Here's the script that generates the spritesheet.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    458Posts

Needless to say there hasn't been many new additions here lately, but i'll have some cool new stuff to show the coming week hopefully. I am currently rewriting the client. Once that is done I can start adding in new stuff.

Here's some random animation math i was fiddling with on paper to get the avatars distance in pixels between two coordinates.
    Last edited by Konquer; 04-12-17 at 03:23 AM.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    458Posts

After some back and forth I have decided to use Vue js for the user interface. This allows me to modularize all the different UI components and inject them separately into the dom without the html file becoming a large mess (it actually looks clean af). Another great thing about Vue is that it has its own maintained typeset for typescript, which is what this project is made with now.

index.html

Generates this view

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    149Posts

Re: [HTML5] Habbo5 [Typescript, Vue, Webpack, WebSocket]

Lol, it's looks good, i hope that you create an public git soon :)

True MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    458Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B3T4T3ST3 View Post
    Lol, it's looks good, i hope that you create an public git soon :)
    I am very open to sharing snippets of any code you might be interested in taking a look at. However, I don't want to open up the repo just yet.

--------------------------------------

Have been working on the navigator component today. I really like this design, but i'm probably going to change it up a little bit to get more info in there such as amount of users in room etc.

Jabbo pretty much sums up what I want the userinterface to look like, so i'm just grabbing images from there

--------------------------------------

I'd like to get some feedback regarding room'o matic and the inventory. What's your opinion on the original hand vs the new styles inventory?

I want to keep it as oldschool as possible, but perhaps someone would like to hop on with me and try to design an oldschool looking but also more functional and userfriendly inventory and room creator? I'm open to all suggestions!

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    149Posts

Maybe the big hand with search option and stackable items :} (like an mix of new inv. and old inv)

True MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    458Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B3T4T3ST3 View Post
    Maybe the big hand with search option and stackable items :} (like an mix of new inv. and old inv)
    Yea, I was thinking that maybe the hand would turn out good if make items stackable in it. But having to scroll through 9 items at a time when you're building with 200 different is probably going to be a pain in the arse.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    458Posts

Entering/Leaving rooms from the navigator now works and users are able to see each other enter, move around and leave rooms.

Animations now look and behave the same regardless of what your fps and monitors refresh rate is.

(The gif is only 10fps)

@CUS7OM has been making some concept designs that I really like. I'll let him show them himself if he's ready/wants to.
    Last edited by Konquer; 12-12-17 at 01:57 AM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    62Posts

As @Konquer said, this is just concept and sketching, there's a lot of details to improve.

Here are 4 screenshots of some previews.

The intention is to develop a theme system on the client (long term priority as the core must be done first) that allows the user to switch between the UI Design, I find it interesting and it has even happened on the retro scene with the switch to the 'black UI'.

Cheers and implausible project from this guy.

RAGEAUSTISM INTENSIFIES

MemberRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    24Posts

Very interested in this project, and I want to join to develop with you. I am web developer.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    458Posts

I assume the ability to remove/add tiles on the fly is a suitable replacement for the floorplan editor that most builders would appreciate. This whole our own client thing really opens up the boundaries and allows for pretty much anything.

I'll stick to replicating habbo's features for now though. Must resist temptation to implement random shit..

True MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    1,030Posts

I also love the doors/opportunities that are opened with this kind of development.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Advertisement