Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Icarus - Java Server (Up to date) [MySQL, Netty, Plugin System]

¡AMAZING! very good the emulator, When will it come out?.I would like to try it and see its functions

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I just switched from Netty 3 to Netty 4, but I have a bug on rollers where users and items will no longer slide/roll and instead teleport to the next tile, anyone had this bug and possibly know of a solution? :(:

The roller will still animate though.

Update

It was a thread safety issue associated with entity and item coordinates. They were getting updated before the client received the update, so I fixed it by making a snapshot of the coords instead of using the item/entity position instance.

Who would have thought? Phew!

¡AMAZING! very good the emulator, When will it come out?.I would like to try it and see its functions

Honestly, I'm bad at giving estimations, so you're not going to get one :wink: I'll probably open a test hotel soon though.

But thanks for the positive comments :D:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Looking good, will sure play the test hotel

Reaction score

Hi Alex!

Nice to see this development is still improving very fast. So you're still focusing on behavior of furniture I assume.

I was wondering if you have also plans to implement the game furniture like Battle Banzai, Freeze, Ice Tag, Football etc.

I saw you've already done the basic stuff for pets. What about pet training?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Hi Alex!

Nice to see this development is still improving very fast. So you're still focusing on behavior of furniture I assume.

I was wondering if you have also plans to implement the game furniture like Battle Banzai, Freeze, Ice Tag, Football etc.

I saw you've already done the basic stuff for pets. What about pet training?

Hello!

Pretty much all fundamental furniture handling is done, I'm just a bit of a perfectionist about things so before I'm satisfied I've been focusing on fixing bugs and making them work like real Habbo. Lately I've been busy sorting out junk from the catalogue and adding items from official Habbo that aren't yet included.

Yes, those games are going to be planned. As for pets, of course, but I don't really have an idea on how the pet training, feeding, breeding etc should be done, I want to match mimic Habbo as much as possible so I'd need to be certain that I know what I'm doing and how they should work.

I don't play Habbo that much so I need to ask others that do on how I should limit/approach things :p: For example I set the rollers to roll every 4 seconds but I actually have no clue on how fast rollers should be rolling to mimic official Habbo. :eek:tt1:

You might wanna look into what automated build systems are like Gradle and Maven instead of leaving dependencies inside your git repo. Anyone who has worked in any project that is larger than a 2-day assignment knows why not using any of those is a bad idea. Had sort of expected that you had this set up, as it is a very basic thing in software development.

After all this time, I'm finally using Gradle. :laugh:

Retired
Reaction score
Why did you choose to use Gradle over Maven (I'm just curious, no hate pls)?
hi jpoopie,

Bcuz papa marit told him to do so. He is also using IntelliJ now.

My reason for preferring Gradle over Maven:
- Configuration looks slicker and is easier to read
- The Java community in general is leaning towards Gradle as it is simpler to configure and is backwards compatible with Maven repositories
- pom.xml tends to get large quickly in a complex project

xoxo marit

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've decided to write the CMS in Java, using Netty and Twig ( ) . I've already written most the web server functionality already.

It support cookies, it will also handle session data (server-side variables for connections), and it also handles loading files from disk with the correct MIME type, routing is also supported (defining which controller handles a request). so things like Apache and PHP won't be required for loading client data, images, etc.

I apologise if this is going to be a learning curve for some people, but PHP is a terrible language that enables people to write bad code very very easily and I think we should move on from using it (just my personal opinion).

Retired
Reaction score
I've decided to write the CMS in Java, using Netty and Twig ( ) . I've already written most the web server functionality already.

It support cookies, it will also handle session data (server-side variables for connections), and it also handles loading files from disk with the correct MIME type, routing is also supported (defining which controller handles a request). so things like Apache and PHP won't be required for loading client data, images, etc.

I apologise if this is going to be a learning curve for some people, but PHP is a terrible language that enables people to write bad code very very easily and I think we should move on from using it (just my personal opinion).

Hi qwek,
Nice to see this development going. But why are you writing these troll posts? First of all, how do you make a CMS in Java? That is not making any sense to me. Secondly, PHP is not even a language. .

so things like Apache and PHP won't be required for loading client data, images, etc.
Just a word of warning. If I understand you correctly, you are coupling the logic of dynamic pages very tightly together with the static files. For some cases, this is fine, but you have to think about whether this is making it harder for people to edit the static files themselves. How is this going to be solved? Will it be in a fat JAR or how will this run? Typically, people have some load balancer (i.e. nginx or Apache) in front of the application servers themselves (Jetty, Tomcat, whatever JAR web app you have running). This does then in turn make it easy to set up routing to decouple static content from the dynamic parts of your web app. Have you made any thoughts around this?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi qwek,
Nice to see this development going. But why are you writing these troll posts? First of all, how do you make a CMS in Java? That is not making any sense to me. Secondly, PHP is not even a language. .

Just a word of warning. If I understand you correctly, you are coupling the logic of dynamic pages very tightly together with the static files. For some cases, this is fine, but you have to think about whether this is making it harder for people to edit the static files themselves. How is this going to be solved? Will it be in a fat JAR or how will this run? Typically, people have some load balancer (i.e. nginx or Apache) in front of the application servers themselves (Jetty, Tomcat, whatever JAR web app you have running). This does then in turn make it easy to set up routing to decouple static content from the dynamic parts of your web app. Have you made any thoughts around this?

There's a template folder where the the web server will read the templates from, an example shown below with directory structure and code. The folder "default" is also configurable.

Code:
        Template tpl = client.template();
        tpl.start("client");
        tpl.set("sso-ticket", "123");
        return tpl.render();

5OW4XRV - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

And there's also another directory where the main requests for files are made (game files), both can be configured of course.

ZMX2a0E - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

And they can be accessed by a normal HTTP request, using localhost on port 80 for example:

Code:
http:// localhost/gamedata/external_variables.txt

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score

Very nice! Java for teh win. But why did you decide to not use Spark?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Very nice! Java for teh win. But why did you decide to not use Spark?

I couldn't get it working, the Lambda function part when registering just didn't work, and yes I was using JDK 8 which is what SparkJava supports... :p:

There's nothing that SparkJava does which my server doesn't do anyways, and it's an awesome learning experience. Netty fully supports HTTP protocol too, which has allowed me to create a lot of functionality.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Quackster, you should code the gamecenter and also make it possible to add games from the database. Haven't seen any emulators recently that has that, and it's not a lot to code.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Quackster, you should code the gamecenter and also make it possible to add games from the database. Haven't seen any emulators recently that has that, and it's not a lot to code.
Plus emulator has it.

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi qwek,

Java for web is life <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back