Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey Alex

Do you have any progress to tell us about?

I've been working on the housekeeping. The last time a CMS had a decent housekeeping was PHPRetro so I want to make a very rich featured housekeeping for Icarus.

vMWMb2G - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

(The statistics page is hardcoded for now, but the list of newest players below isn't)

FEkI5Lr - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

(User search working)

AxKlgD - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

I still gotta do a lot of features, all of it is written in Java using my library I wrote.
You can browse the source here:

There's a lot of repeating lines I've added, but those will get cleaned up.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Nice you want to bring a better housekeeping for Icarus. Good you're trying to made this housekeeping usable for a huge hotel by using pagination. I hope you would support RCON so when you're moderating an user or changing stuff these updates will instantly take affect in-game.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Some updates to the housekeeping, create, edit, delete and view news articles are done.

(View articles)

gGNzqpW - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

(Edit article)

jBJON6X - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

(Post news article)

uzbzUIF - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

And I've also made all the server-side variables editable by SQL, and I've started work on adding a few to the housekeeping.

(Edit coins and duckets amount given in server scheduler)

9viZKSI - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

(Edit camera details)

hQUeuaU - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

(Edit thumbnail details)

QthNKpb - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Live demo:

I've put a server up for people to test, there's still a lot that isn't done but enough to have a functional hotel. So please, try and break something! :):

Oh, and recently purchased photos are on display at:

:eek:tt1:

Changelog

- Added group furni.
- Added rights and certain rights checking for group furniture.
- Made group items get updated when the group badge or colours get updated (official Habbo doesn't do this actually but I thought that's kinda lame so I decided make items get updated with the correct group colours).
- Various small bug fixes.

- To do: Implement the correct creation date for the information about groups when they get created.

LcHBFv2 - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes Yes :D I test the livedemo.
Awesome livedemo, but buy clothe close connection :S

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Changelog

- Fixed housekeeping bugs
- Fixed teleporter bugs (discovered after opening demo hotel)
- Fixed disabling effects
- so when they relog, their preferences for the navigator is saved.

Buying badges closes the connection.

Thanks for the report! Please file bugs to so I can easily keep track of them :wink:

Also whereabouts did you find badges in the catalogue?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Changelog

- Fixed housekeeping bugs
- Fixed teleporter bugs (discovered after opening demo hotel)
- Fixed disabling effects
- so when they relog, their preferences for the navigator is saved.

Thanks for the report! Please file bugs to so I can easily keep track of them :wink:

Also whereabouts did you find badges in the catalogue?

Tried to buy the Bieber badge (Don't judge, it's the only one I have credits for :p)

srjZptG - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

This is what happens when I buy:

tRtJqu8 - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Tried to buy the Bieber badge (Don't judge, it's the only one I have credits for :p)

srjZptG - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

This is what happens when I buy:

tRtJqu8 - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Thank you, however like I said, I would appreciate if you could open up the issue at

Nonetheless, you're welcome to report bugs here too - it's just that I may forget them easily among the other posts :p:

Attachments

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I got pretty fed up with the VPS host I had before, as somebody was abusing CPU so I ended up switching. I couldn't keep it online for 24 hours before the website and emulator slowed down due to clock leaps that HikariCP was complaining about. I wanted to keep it online for a decent amount of time so I could be sure on the stability.

The issue I'm talking about:

Basically someone else on the same node was using too much CPU and it was slowing down my programs. All should work now though on the new provider, the demo is still available at

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm just not enjoying working on this project.

The reason why I completed Roseau was because I genuinely enjoyed working on it.

This project just lacks any purpose, there are projects that are already more complete, and I'll never finish Icarus by the desired time at this rate, so therefore I declare that this project is stopped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back