Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: Icarus Server (Production) - [Python, Multi-DB/MySQL]

Good luck, I hope this project won't end up like Sierra.
Cheers! :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Good luck.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Nice project man, good luck ! :w00t:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Goodluck on your project Alexis!

Master Summoner
Reaction score

How is the project going ?

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I'm curious as well, will look at your code later, I think depending on how you write your code you could make a CMS for it without much effort if any. Let me know if you're interested. Of course most of the effort would involve implementing the web front-end portion, but if you write your code a certain way your CMS can re-use code from the Emulator.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Someone needs to write a CMS using Plesk or Django for the release of this.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding isn't Python pretty slow in comparison to other languages due to the fact that it compiles into C, also unless you implement threading it's only single threaded.

So what are the advantages of using Python aside from the fact that its syntax is cleaner compared to other languages?

Nonetheless I can't wait for this to be released looks promising, good luck!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding isn't Python pretty slow in comparison to other languages due to the fact that it compiles into C, also unless you implement threading it's only single threaded.
... what?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

As I said correct me if I am wrong, please be constructive instead of being rude...

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

As I said correct me if I am wrong, please be constructive instead of being rude...

Ever seen Disqus on a website? (the commenting system that almost half of the internet uses) Been on Instagram? Seen Pinterest? All coded in Python. Reddit? Python. The language is more than capable to scale, and if you want to put it under another stack you can go with Jython, or even IronPython (for .NET), you're correct to some degree about the single-threading, it depends on what code you import / use. Either way I think the CMS should be done in their Django or CherryPy, with CherryPy if you have written classes or the project in a nice OO fashion, you could have a website up in a shorter span of time, at best a housekeeping website with minimal effort. Python is also used by Dropbox, not entirely sure if it runs their back-end. There's also Eve online (MMO) that uses it extensively. Python is great. You can write a lot of amazing stuff in Python. My suggested web frameworks for Python will always be either Django or CherryPy. CherryPy is well maintained, has decent documentation, and is highly customizable, you can breeze through it's source code etc. Great stuff. CherryPy will run on Jython and PyPy as well. :)

To answer your question further, Python 3 / Python 2 compiles the source code into byte code on the disk. There's also great features that Python 3 is building up for high performance code, even though it's already been used as such. Lastly, if you REALLY want C power, you can extend Python with C, or C++, or D, or any compiled language, and call your Python code from within (Python is designed for such a thing, in some cases you may find yourself downloading Python packages that offer native code optimizations, these are usually optional but some packages get really complicated). Python is also not too complex to implement inside of a compiled project, and is more than capable of meeting any task. I've developed GUI applications, web applications, an IRC bot that manages a channel, etc. It's quite the language. The only limitation is PEBKAC.

Edit:

Also check out asyncio:

It was implemented by somebody as Tulip if I remember correctly, which is neat that someone can design, develop and implement a project that then becomes part of the standard library for Python.

Also recommended reading:

Last edited:
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Little question, why is the guy talking about Python if this Emulator is made in Java...

Moogly i like Jinja

And i feel like a Ninja... ​nevermind..

Reactions: pel
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes i know.. i was aware of those guys fighting about Python x C++

Soo i made my point.. With motherfucka Java bliet.
I don't get it?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Been busy, I'm here again.

Changelog

- [ADDED] Removed navigator categories from being hardcoded
- [FIXED] Fixed an issue where a user would refuse to walk across the map from the door way, but if you got closer to the other side you could still work.
- [FIXED] Room disposal fixes
- [FIXED] Fixed issue where if you switched through rooms too fast your client would stay black
- [FIXED] Rooms staying in memory/cache when user leaves

I stopped paying for my server, so the git repo has been moved:

I also got a new 2560x1440 monitor, gone are the days of tiny screenshots :):

xDlT9FH - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back