Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Re: Icarus (Production) - Java Server [MySQL, Netty]

Hey Alex,

Nice that you'll continue with Icarus :laugh: Good luck! Which things you're currently working on?

Will post a changelog in a tick, currently working on moodlights/dimmers, but when I press the save button I don't receive any packet from the client, so I don't know what options the user has saved.

Has anyone else experienced this and know how to solve it?

KlL6AkL - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I don't know yet, i'm trying to make the dimmers work too. When i discover how it works i'll put here...
Quackster - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I don't know yet, i'm trying to make the dimmers work too. When i discover how it works i'll put here...
Quackster - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

I figured out why the client wouldn't send the packet to save moodlight data, I had the wrong structure.

Code:
	@Override
	public void write() {
		this.response.init(Outgoing.MoodlightConfigMessageComposer);
		this.response.writeInt(this.data.getPresets().size());
		this.response.writeInt(this.data.getCurrentPreset());

int id = 1;

for (MoodlightPreset preset : this.data.getPresets()) {

this.response.writeInt(id);

if (preset.isBackgroundOnly()) {
				this.response.writeInt(2);
			} else {
				this.response.writeInt(1);
			}

this.response.writeString(preset.getColorCode());
			this.response.writeInt(preset.getColorIntensity());
			id++;
		}
	}

Basically, I forgot to increment the preset ID each loop. :p:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Still about the dimmer... i would like to know what you think about to save the dimmer configuration data on the furni instead of to save in the room...

I'm planning to do this, saving the data on the furni extradata column (on db), using Json, and then, parsing to the game engine with its own class...

So, the user can save the dimmer config data in the furni, pick up this item, put into another room and don't need to config them again...

Reaction score

You should look into the Habbo scripts and then you'll realize you've got over abstraction. There are only 7 types of extradata.

And that DimmerRoomItem constructor. :stupid:

EDIT: I see you've split the inventory items and the room items. Seems like a really solid plan to strain your database and keeping everything synchronized properly will be a witch.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Changelog

- Added locale support for different languages
- Added changing clothes
- Added moodlight support
- Added roller support (works for stacked items, and items that slide off the roller).

My first time doing both rollers and moodlights/dimmers, actually.

Reaction score

Changelog

- Added locale support for different languages
- Added changing clothes
- Added moodlight support
- Added roller support (works for stacked items, and items that slide off the roller).

My first time doing both rollers and moodlights/dimmers, actually.

-- video removed due to being big --

Wow, it looks great! I love the locale support thing; I know for some people it might seem useless but it's something I miss in a lot of emulators. Are you eventually going to open a test hotel or something or not?

Reaction score

Wow, it looks great! I love the locale support thing; I know for some people it might seem useless but it's something I miss in a lot of emulators. Are you eventually going to open a test hotel or something or not?

Err butterfly had it iirc but people ended up Ducking over the source and hardcoding a strings.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

You should look into the Habbo scripts and then you'll realize you've got over abstraction. There are only 7 types of extradata.

And that DimmerRoomItem constructor. :stupid:

EDIT: I see you've split the inventory items and the room items. Seems like a really solid plan to strain your database and keeping everything synchronized properly will be a witch.

I always look the habbo script, i know that, i wasn't talking about the server-client communication, but the server-db and db-server communication lmao... i don't know why but, thanks for the tip <3

about the dimmer constructor...
Every special furni, with special functions, have their own class to handle the extradata and the item itself into the room

about the edit, i don't know if that was a insult or a compliment but, thanks, i think...

OnTopic:
Nice progress with rollers! how did u make their cycle?

Reaction score

Err butterfly had it iirc but people ended up Ducking over the source and hardcoding a strings.
You're correct, Butterfly did have locale. It made sense for it to because more than 1 hotel with different languages used it.

For one hotel to build their own copy of Butterfly like I have done with Fresh, it didn't make a lot of sense for us to use the locale anymore as the strings would never, ever need to be changed.

Reaction score

Hi quackster! How you goes with this? Your source can help me with my GopheR Server! (A server written in go). Hope you finish this project bro! Gl!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

One observation: BoneCP is "deprecated"

"As author of BoneCP (the connection pool that I think is in use in Stash) I'd like to point out that the project is considered deprecated at this point.
May I suggest you migrate to HikariCP instead, which is faster and more stable: https://github.com/brettwooldridge/HikariCP"

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Well I'm back to start working on this project again. I started work on Habbo club subscription, it's purchasable, expirable, calculates correct days and all that jazz, just gotta do the monthly (?) gifts.

I also started work on teleporters, right now they only work with teleporters in the same room, not across rooms, but that will be fixed... :p:

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I'm sure there is an easy explanation, but can someone help me fix the issue where if I click promote room it takes me to the front page of the catalogue? I'm not really sure how to make it show the intended panel/page.

ZOlOPE2 - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score

I'm sure there is an easy explanation, but can someone help me fix the issue where if I click promote room it takes me to the front page of the catalogue? I'm not really sure how to make it show the intended panel/page.

ZOlOPE2 - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Your page needs to have a specific 'external' link/index name, like, the string above/below the page display title in the packet. It tries to open a page with a specific index name. There is where you buy the room promotion.

I don't know the index name but I think you can easily find it searching on anything with promotion stuff. Gluck.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back