Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
re: Icarus Server (Production) - [Python, Multi-DB/MySQL]

Its just basic zip compression.

Altough writing this camera is a pain in the butt. If I were you I wouldn't put my priorities there.

Code:
this.packet.getBuffer().readFloat();
        byte[] buffer = new byte[4096*3];
        byte[] data = this.packet.getBuffer().readBytes(//packet bytes).array();

Inflater inflater = new Inflater();
        inflater.setInput(data);

ByteArrayOutputStream outputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream(data.length);
        while (!inflater.finished()) {
            int count = inflater.inflate(buffer);
            outputStream.write(buffer, 0, count);
        }
        outputStream.close();
        byte[] output = outputStream.toByteArray();

inflater.end();
System.out.println(new String(output));

Thank you :D:

I was just experimenting with it. I'll worry that later. I'll do catalogue/item placement/furni interaction soon.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Live streaming some development :)

EDIT:
Finished streaming, got an error which I couldn't be bothered to fix right now. I'll post a changelog when I've fixed it.

inb4 CodeDragon bitches on my thread about being timed out

Last edited:
Reaction score

Hmm, very interesting.. Let's hope this actually gets complete, kind of sick of seeing all these emulators in development but never finished.

Tis' be veri interesty projkt. Good luck!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Hmm, very interesting.. Let's hope this actually gets complete, kind of sick of seeing all these emulators in development but never finished.

Tis' be veri interesty projkt. Good luck!

Me too, but unlike a majority of people, I have the knowledge to know what's required and how to do it. :p:

I don't know why people give up, but I believe there's a point that people reach which either has a big learning curve, or they don't fully understand the entire scope of an emulator.

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

I was watching the stream about 1 hour and it was quite cool.
Would rate it 9/11, funny as hell (at start).

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Anyone know how on earth this is handled?

62O2EBx - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Hi Alex, the packet data can be decompressed by ZLib, and you can create an Object with it. The jSON data can be sensed to a outside script by some WebString or HttpRequest, or can create a code inside the emulator. I already created the CameraScript, I was the first to create a fully script for the Camera and Room thumbnail. Check it out on my github.com/sant0ro, also it's true. The jSON send the positions and the name of the sprites, the coordinates from the room, etc. the script must have all the assets extracted from the swf as png/jpeg etc... I created a script that extract all type of assets from the swf and download the swf dynamically. Also can check it out on my github. (This script is not goooood coded). Also after that the script saves the image, and give a web response with the partial path from the image. The Host from the images is stored in external-variables from the SWF. Likely: myhost.com/camera/ and the script gives 145353.png as example (this random number is the time stamp.. But you can give the name that you want.) for Room Thumbnail the script gives no answer. The image is stored as the room-id.png

Cheers,

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

More livestreaming!

Going to work on the inventory system and item purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Have you considered using rather than Twitch to stream your coding?

Reaction score

Me too, but unlike a majority of people, I have the knowledge to know what's required and how to do it. :p:

I don't know why people give up, but I believe there's a point that people reach which either has a big learning curve, or they don't fully understand the entire scope of an emulator.
I have faith in you, I do, I've seen you around the section for years now and I'm sure you can achieve this just don't ditch it mid-development. I purely left retros because there was no one in the section that could really develop anymore, which just completely turned me away. If I had the time and patience I'd personally learn Java and build from previously developed servers, but no time on my hands.

I'll be following this development and hopefully all goes well! Do you plan on creating a repository for this project? Because I tend to notice most projects that aren't available to the public die out very quickly. None the less good luck!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Do you plan on creating a repository for this project? Because I tend to notice most projects that aren't available to the public die out very quickly. None the less good luck!

I would make my repository public, if people wouldn't abuse the DMCA system and submit fraudulent ones to the website.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Well Hoshiko decided to host my repository for me :D:, I've kept all my commit history which is great. :)

I update this branch more often because my master branch is full of stable releases (won't cause client crashes):

Please note that nothing has been finalised and I will not give out any support for setting it up.

Last edited:
☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Finally someone that is developing and are pushing it to Git!

Go(o)d decision!!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Changelog

- Added catalogue tabs
- Added catalogue pages
- Added item purchase
- Added inventory loading
- Added inventory notification when a new item is purchased.

I currently have a bug when placing a floor item in the room, the client isn't sending back a packet / telling server I tried to place a floor item. :(:

Is it my SWFs? I have no idea what's wrong, this is stopping from working on item placement.

kfFJfuy - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

eXzWwZq - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Finally someone that is developing and are pushing it to Git!

Go(o)d decision!!

I know right, it seems rare that emulator developers make their source public these days :8:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Changelog

- Added catalogue tabs
- Added catalogue pages
- Added item purchase
- Added inventory loading
- Added inventory notification when a new item is purchased.

I currently have a bug when placing a floor item in the room, the client isn't sending back a packet / telling server I tried to place a floor item. :(:

Is it my SWFs? I have no idea what's wrong, this is stopping from working on item placement.

Make sure that you have sent all room packets correctly and the room model (both packets) are 100% correct. Else it should work. Anyways, the update is looking sweet! Are you keeping an eye out for memory leaks as it would ruin the beautiful work if at the end it contained a lot of memory leaks.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

There won't be any updates until the 6th of January as I'm going to spend my holiday in California/Nevada.

Just warning everyone now.

Make sure that you have sent all room packets correctly and the room model (both packets) are 100% correct. Else it should work. Anyways, the update is looking sweet! Are you keeping an eye out for memory leaks as it would ruin the beautiful work if at the end it contained a lot of memory leaks.

I'm leaning towards it being a problem with the SWF's because placing wall items work. I have a friend give me his SWF's so I'm going to test those.

Also yes, everything is being disposed when it's no longer needed.

It appears I fixed the problem :)

I was sending the heightmap incorrectly.

Last edited:
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

There won't be any updates until the 6th of January as I'm going to spend my holiday in California/Nevada.

Just warning everyone now.

I'm leaning towards it being a problem with the SWF's because placing wall items work. I have a friend give me his SWF's so I'm going to test those.

Also yes, everything is being disposed when it's no longer needed.

It appears I fixed the problem :)

I was sending the heightmap incorrectly.

Hi Quackster, a little tip, use the Xdr's Packet Scout. You only need put the Packet structure directly from AS3, or packet ID, or Tanjii log, and he will create the "C#" or "Java" base code for Outgoing or Incoming, with the correct structure. Also you can in settings change the voids names.

Also will have twitch today?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Hi Quackster, a little tip, use the Xdr's Packet Scout. You only need put the Packet structure directly from AS3, or packet ID, or Tanjii log, and he will create the "C#" or "Java" base code for Outgoing or Incoming, with the correct structure. Also you can in settings change the voids names.

As he said before

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I probably won't stream any time soon, I'm jetlagged and sick :)

Where can I find xdr's packet scout? I saw a thread but the link was down.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I probably won't stream any time soon, I'm jetlagged and sick :)

Where can I find xdr's packet scout? I saw a thread but the link was down.

Here is a link:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back