Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: Kepler - v18 Emulator [C11, SQLite3, libuv]

Aeew , you make the SSO Login works , i will try make my CMS later to works with Kepler...
Can i use the v17 original DCR pack with the new pop-up ( Dances ) and the new profile ? maybe the v17 are the better version because the v18 uses the web 2.0 like holoCMS and i hate that...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Just done a fresh install of Windows and installed everything like before but have another error similar to before but this time im using the 'git clone' command you provided..

[ 1%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/sqlite3/sqlite3.c.o
[ 2%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/array.c.o
[ 4%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/common.c.o
[ 5%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/deque.c.o
[ 6%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/hashset.c.o
[ 8%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/hashtable.c.o
[ 9%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/list.c.o
[ 10%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/pqueue.c.o
[ 12%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/queue.c.o
[ 13%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/slist.c.o
[ 15%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/stack.c.o
[ 16%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/treeset.c.o
[ 17%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/collections/treetable.c.o
[ 19%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/lib/cthreadpool/thpool.c.o
[ 20%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/main.c.o
/root/Kepler/src/main.c:9:17: fatal error: log.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/build.make:398: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/main.c.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/main.c.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

SOLVED: Saw you updated the tutorial on Github and used this command "git clone --recursive https://github.com/Quackster/Kepler" & it works.

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

No changelog yet for anyone wondering, but there has been work done if you follow the commit history. :):

I'll do a changelog in the future.

Aeew , you make the SSO Login works , i will try make my CMS later to works with Kepler...
Can i use the v17 original DCR pack with the new pop-up ( Dances ) and the new profile ? maybe the v17 are the better version because the v18 uses the web 2.0 like holoCMS and i hate that...

The DCR pack I shared allows for both logging in through username and password, and SSO ticket.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

One question , if u use sso login the links for website are enable or not ? , because if a gonna do a CMS and i uses SSO i need to click to change the Habbo ID and open a Link to the profile page...

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

One question , if u use sso login the links for website are enable or not ? , because if a gonna do a CMS and i uses SSO i need to click to change the Habbo ID and open a Link to the profile page...

You can open up a connection the Kepler.db SQLite database... unless I understood your question wrong.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Not sure if im suppose to compile every time you make a commit change but I do anyway but after doing the "sudo apt-get install libsodium-dev" command and then doing "cmake ." then the "make" commands I get the following but not sure if this is something to do with the repo or not.

/root/Kepler/src/database/queries/player_query.c: In function ‘player_query_login’:
/root/Kepler/src/database/queries/player_query.c:101:13: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘crypto_pwhash_str_verify’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
if (crypto_pwhash_str_verify(hashed_password, password, strlen(password)) != 0) {
^
/root/Kepler/src/database/queries/player_query.c: In function ‘player_query_create’:
/root/Kepler/src/database/queries/player_query.c:224:26: error: ‘crypto_pwhash_STRBYTES’ undeclared (first use in this function)
char hashed_password[crypto_pwhash_STRBYTES];
^
/root/Kepler/src/database/queries/player_query.c:224:26: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
/root/Kepler/src/database/queries/player_query.c:227:9: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘crypto_pwhash_str’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
if (crypto_pwhash_str(hashed_password, password, strlen(password), crypto_pwhash_OPSLIMIT_INTERACTIVE, crypto_pwhas ^
/root/Kepler/src/database/queries/player_query.c:227:72: error: ‘crypto_pwhash_OPSLIMIT_INTERACTIVE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
if (crypto_pwhash_str(hashed_password, password, strlen(password), crypto_pwhash_OPSLIMIT_INTERACTIVE, crypto_pwhas ^
/root/Kepler/src/database/queries/player_query.c:227:108: error: ‘crypto_pwhash_MEMLIMIT_INTERACTIVE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/build.make:878: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/database/queries/player_query.c.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/database/queries/player_query.c.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Not sure if im suppose to compile every time you make a commit change but I do anyway but after doing the "sudo apt-get install libsodium-dev" command and then doing "cmake ." then the "make" commands I get the following but not sure if this is something to do with the repo or not.
The version of libsodium-dev supplied by Ubuntu 17.10 is too old. Upgrade your WSL environment to Ubuntu 18.04 by running do-release-upgrade -d. See for more information.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

The version of libsodium-dev supplied by Ubuntu 17.10 is too old. Upgrade your WSL environment to Ubuntu 18.04 by running do-release-upgrade -d. See for more information.

Thankyou, it took a while but works spot on :)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

It's that time again, for you know what? Me to cancel the development! Just kidding, here's a changelog:

Changelog

The people who are tagged, are the ones responsible for that feature.

Added: SSO login ( Hoshiko ).
Added: Guestroom voting ( Hoshiko ).
Added: Carry handitems/drinks.
Added: Favourite rooms.
Added: Room rights.
Added: Room search.
Added: Command processing ( Hoshiko).
Added: Look to user when they speak.
Added: Delete room and all its furniture, will kick all users, too.
Added: AFK timer in rooms (default is 5 minutes)
Added: Lido dive kick timer (default is 1 minute)

Update: Hashing passswords now (using the Argon2 algorithm) ( Hoshiko).
Update: Fancy colorized logging Hoshiko).
Update: SQLite performance improvements (connection gets reused, WAL journal_mode enabled) ( Hoshiko).
Update: Clean up correctly after SIGINT/Ctrl-C ( Hoshiko).
Update: Infobus and the Rooftop Rumble now has the correct public items.
Updated: Add scripting protection so only legitimate divers can broadcast their diving moves.

Fixed: Segfault when trying to re-enter a room where the owner wasn't online.
Fixed: Couldn't swim in the pool in the main Lido once entered.

Screenshots

(Fancy logging)
1xsijci - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

(Search rooms)
UTj82n1 - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score

Hey, it once again looks great! I got a question: you mention WAL, what is WAL exactly?
I installed WSL last night and it is really easy to setup this emulator! I cannot wait to see more progress :D

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Hey, it once again looks great! I got a question: you mention WAL, what is WAL exactly?
I installed WSL last night and it is really easy to setup this emulator! I cannot wait to see more progress :D

WAL means Write-Ahead Logging, for SQLite. Basically here are the main features, taken from:

• WAL is significantly faster in most scenarios.
  • WAL provides more concurrency as readers do not block writers and a writer does not block readers. Reading and writing can proceed concurrently.
  • Disk I/O operations tends to be more sequential using WAL.
  • WAL uses many fewer fsync() operations and is thus less vulnerable to problems on systems where the fsync() system call is broken.

Also yeah, I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but in my opinion it's the easiest to setup too. :D:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Here's an demonstration of the room voting implemented in Kepler. Notice how the voting UI doesn't disappear for the second user not voting. It also updates everyone who has voted in the room when someone votes. Most other oldskool emulators implemented this inaccurately.

Quackster - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Followed this development from the beginning. Wish you good luck with it. Like the improvements and the features. Will there be soon a beta to play on where we can help you with finding bugs?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Followed this development from the beginning. Wish you good luck with it. Like the improvements and the features. Will there be soon a beta to play on where we can help you with finding bugs?
Yes. In two weeks from now. More updates about the beta hotel in the following week.

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Yes. In two weeks from now.

That's if it doesn't randomly crash from something we haven't been able to diagnose yet in time. :eek:tt1:

Also beta implies we've finished all the features and working on bug fixing, when there's still plenty of features left to do.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Here's an demonstration of the room voting implemented in Kepler. Notice how the voting UI doesn't disappear for the second user not voting. It also updates everyone who has voted in the room when someone votes. Most other oldskool emulators implemented this inaccurately.

Quackster - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums
Hoshiko that is awesome , and the SSO Login i wanna help with the development , but now i'm working on my final paper on college so i'm very busy , Anyway i want to see kepler with login on website 100% fully thats will be perfect...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

I will start looks behing the implementation soon , i wanna check if is possible make some boolean flags for example: the administrator enables\disable delete furniture options for users. Other features like HabboTV on public spaces , and HC queue its good features for future. Like a told you guys i wanna to implement a web solution for kepler but i checked i probably can't use this DCRs because the custom looks , i wanna to make works with the classic flash implementation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back