Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Kepler - v18 Emulator [C11, SQLite3, libuv]

Which palemoon do u use because my shockwave plugin doesn't work afaik

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Which palemoon do u use because my shockwave plugin doesn't work afaik

It must be 32-bit Pale Moon in order for it to work, since Shockwave is quite old technology. Once you're using the 32-bit version, make sure you have Shockwave actually installed, by using the installer , and then restart the browser.

I hope it works :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

It must be 32-bit Pale Moon in order for it to work, since Shockwave is quite old technology. Once you're using the 32-bit version, make sure you have Shockwave actually installed, by using the installer , and then restart the browser.

I hope it works :D:
It still doesn't work fully because I'm getting an error saying: This Shockwave movie has errors that have caused playback problems. Please contact the author of this content regarding this problem. Shockwave is unable to continue.
But were getting there almost! ;)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

It still doesn't work fully because I'm getting an error saying: This Shockwave movie has errors that have caused playback problems. Please contact the author of this content regarding this problem. Shockwave is unable to continue.

Using Quackster his DCR pack? Mostly that error occurs with bad DCR/CCT files as far as I remember..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

How do you access the user database? I've got the emulator set up I just don't know how to give myself admin

How do you access the user database? I've got the emulator set up I just don't know how to give myself admin

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Give a try. Make sure to close/shutdown (hold Ctrl, then push C) the emulator first, before editing the database.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Give a try. Make sure to close/shutdown (hold Ctrl, then push C) the emulator first, before editing the database.

That is what I found works perfect, thanks!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

That error happens because you just opened up the index.html without using it on a web server, it needs to be accessed through a HTTP server, either through a webhost or Apache.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Hey Quackster, i have some trouble for build...

/root/Kepler/src/server/server_listener.c: In function ‘server_on_new_connection’:
/root/Kepler/src/server/server_listener.c:138:24: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘uv_tcp_getpeername’ discards ‘const’ qualifier from pointer target type
uv_tcp_getpeername((const uv_tcp_t*) handle, (struct sockaddr*)&client_addr, &client_addr_length);
^
In file included from /root/Kepler/src/shared.h:21:0,
from /root/Kepler/src/server/server_listener.c:4:
/usr/include/uv.h:717:15: note: expected ‘struct uv_tcp_t *’ but argument is of type ‘const struct uv_tcp_t *’
UV_EXTERN int uv_tcp_getpeername(uv_tcp_t* handle, struct sockaddr* name,
^
/root/Kepler/src/server/server_listener.c:154:31: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘uv_read_start’ from incompatible pointer type
uv_read_start(handle, server_alloc_buffer, server_on_read);
^
/usr/include/uv.h:599:15: note: expected ‘uv_alloc_cb’ but argument is of type ‘void (*)(struct uv_handle_t *, size_t, struct uv_buf_t *)’
UV_EXTERN int uv_read_start(uv_stream_t*, uv_alloc_cb alloc_cb,
^
/root/Kepler/src/server/server_listener.c:154:52: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘uv_read_start’ from incompatible pointer type
uv_read_start(handle, server_alloc_buffer, server_on_read);
^
/usr/include/uv.h:599:15: note: expected ‘uv_read_cb’ but argument is of type ‘void (*)(struct uv_stream_t *, ssize_t, const struct uv_buf_t *)’
UV_EXTERN int uv_read_start(uv_stream_t*, uv_alloc_cb alloc_cb,
^
/root/Kepler/src/server/server_listener.c: In function ‘listen_server’:
/root/Kepler/src/server/server_listener.c:173:5: error: too many arguments to function ‘uv_ip4_addr’
uv_ip4_addr(args->ip, args->port, &bind_addr);
^
/usr/include/uv.h:1800:30: note: declared here
UV_EXTERN struct sockaddr_in uv_ip4_addr(const char* ip, int port);
^
/root/Kepler/src/server/server_listener.c:174:5: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of ‘uv_tcp_bind’
uv_tcp_bind(&server, (const struct sockaddr*) &bind_addr, 0);
^
/usr/include/uv.h:713:15: note: expected ‘struct sockaddr_in’ but argument is of type ‘const struct sockaddr *’
UV_EXTERN int uv_tcp_bind(uv_tcp_t* handle, struct sockaddr_in);
^
/root/Kepler/src/server/server_listener.c:174:5: error: too many arguments to function ‘uv_tcp_bind’
uv_tcp_bind(&server, (const struct sockaddr*) &bind_addr, 0);
^
/usr/include/uv.h:713:15: note: declared here
UV_EXTERN int uv_tcp_bind(uv_tcp_t* handle, struct sockaddr_in);
^
/root/Kepler/src/server/server_listener.c:178:5: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘uv_loop_close’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
uv_loop_close(loop);
^
CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/build.make:361: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/server/server_listener.c.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/src/server/server_listener.c.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Kepler.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

All is installed (normaly...)
Have you an idea ?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Hey Quackster, i have some trouble for build...

All is installed (normaly...)
Have you an idea ?

I could be wrong but I think you have an out of date libuv installation. Did you update the OS version before installing libuv?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

I could be wrong but I think you have an out of date libuv installation. Did you update the OS version before installing libuv?

Yes, I updated it !
BUT maybe i missed something, i will retry it later with latest libuv

EDIT:
Haha yes, it's a misstake... old libsodium and old libuv...
I build the last version of the two library and that's ok ! :D

Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

[QUOTE = JustJarno; 8875352] ¿Qué día de luna de papel usa porque mi complemento de onda de choque no funciona? [/ QUOTE]

You can use maxthon, is a great browser

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

On a few things that I'd like to add about the future development of Kepler. Don't worry, the development won't be closed, it's actually more alive than ever before!

Moving from v18 to v21:

I've made the transition from v18 to v21, yes that's right it's yet another version change, the reason being is because the "remixed" v18 dcrs are broken, they did not have working teleporters, they'd always appear in a constant "flashing effect" state, and trax songs would not be playable, this was able to be reproduced on various other servers too (Debbo, Marks, etc). The v13 dcrs still had this functionality working but I did not want to downgrade back to v13.

The advantages of using v21 still isn't widescreen (just like oldskool versions), has the oldskool console messenger but has added features like the events system, chat bubbles etc, and with this console, it still gives you the ability to "follow" users despite the console still looking older. :cool:

There won't be any version changes in the future, but I may add the ability to switch on-the-fly between different Shockwave versions of Habbo in later stages of development.

There will be a CMS for Kepler:

I won't say much because I'm not working it - I know who is though, and they'll make a dev thread soon, but it will support registration, login and SSO because the v21 client no longer allows in-game registration.

Open-source contributions:

as you can see by the amount of accepted requests, if you find any bugs and you have the ability to fix yourself, then you can feel free to contribute to the source if you want. Be aware though if I'm working on a feature, and you end up doing the same feature, my changes will take precedent because I'm the owner of the repository. So far I've had four contributors and they're all mentioned in the :about command.

If you do send a pull request, I may accept it and then neaten it up a little bit, or refactor it, but the essence of your work will definitely still be there, I'd only rename functions to fit the Kepler and C naming convention, or I'll make sure that all the variables allocated on the heap are properly disposed of when they're no longer required.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

On a few things that I'd like to add about the future development of Kepler. Don't worry, the development won't be closed, it's actually more alive than ever before!

Moving from v18 to v21:

I've made the transition from v18 to v21, yes that's right it's yet another version change, the reason being is because the "remixed" v18 dcrs are broken, they did not have working teleporters, they'd always appear in a constant "flashing effect" state, and trax songs would not be playable, this was able to be reproduced on various other servers too (Debbo, Marks, etc). The v13 dcrs still had this functionality working but I did not want to downgrade back to v13.

The advantages of using v21 still isn't widescreen (just like oldskool versions), has the oldskool console messenger but has added features like the events system, chat bubbles etc, and with this console, it still gives you the ability to "follow" users despite the console still looking older. :cool:

There won't be any version changes in the future, but I may add the ability to switch on-the-fly between different Shockwave versions of Habbo in later stages of development.

There will be a CMS for Kepler:

I won't say much because I'm not working it - I know who is though, and they'll make a dev thread soon, but it will support registration, login and SSO because the v21 client no longer allows in-game registration.

Open-source contributions:

as you can see by the amount of accepted requests, if you find any bugs and you have the ability to fix yourself, then you can feel free to contribute to the source if you want. Be aware though if I'm working on a feature, and you end up doing the same feature, my changes will take precedent because I'm the owner of the repository. So far I've had four contributors and they're all mentioned in the :about command.

If you do send a pull request, I may accept it and then neaten it up a little bit, or refactor it, but the essence of your work will definitely still be there, I'd only rename functions to fit the Kepler and C naming convention, or I'll make sure that all the variables allocated on the heap are properly disposed of when they're no longer required.

Excited for this, especially if there is going to be a CMS with it.Good luck with it :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: Kepler - v21 Emulator [C11, SQLite, libuv]

Wow v21 really ?? Maybe we can use for v16 or v17 ?

Last edited:
topkek amirite??
Reaction score

Submitted a pull request that adds Windows support and I've also re-done threading because let's face it.. It was absolutely terrible!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Submitted a pull request that adds Windows support and I've also re-done threading because let's face it.. It was absolutely terrible!

Well, I got it to compile on Windows fine but room tasks weren't enabled. :wink:

Thanks anyways mate, it works perfectly! I'll post a changelog soon. I'm now capable of cross-platform compiling between Unix/POSIX and Windows.

Wow v21 really ?? Maybe we can use for v16 or v17 ?

I said in the post that I might go back and support earlier Habbo versions.

Last edited:
topkek amirite??
Reaction score

Disappointed ;(

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Moved to Java a few days ago, got extremely tired debugging undefined behaviour just for a Habbo server, and the slightest issue could cause the server to crash, it's not worth it in my opinion when I want to spend time adding features instead. The problems were to do with concurrency, where tasks would just stop and GDB/Valgrind would show an error but these errors were not easy to track to their original cause. These concurrency issues shouldn't happen in the Java version, as I'm more familiar with it.

And I moved to MariaDB (same compability as MySQL) because this is more suited for this type of projects. I should've listened to the earlier posts complaining about me using SQLite, but I also chose it because the MySQL C library was atrocious and I couldn't get it to work. I was originally intending to use MySQL at the time.

I vastly underestimated the task on C, especially when it came to concurrency which is my biggest weakness. The Kepler C version was my first biggest attempt which I wasn't prepared for, but in the long run I believe the Java version will pay off.

The good news is that I'm more than half way towards being feature on-par with the Kepler C version, packet registers vs on the C version. I was able to add far more features in a shorter about of time in the Java version than the C version :p:

You can view the C code in the 'legacy' branch, here:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back