Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So I know I haven't posted a changelog yet, but I'd just like to say that I recoded the rollers and how items are handled on them, you can now put items close to one another and have them all slide smoothly together, to make it more like Habbo.

New roller features:

- No longer requires an empty roller tile in between items to roll.
- When two rollers face each other and both have items on top, they will refuse to slide (the items on top won't swap rollers, basically)

Oh, and I'll add proper like how Habbo does it. :D:

Support for players/entities on rollers aren't added yet, since I had to recode how items were treated on rollers, the same requires for entities and I haven't added them back into the system yet.

Also, anyone knows if there's a small delay after each item moves? I don't have credits on official Habbo so I can't test.

(see how the doormats don't move? :wink:)
y84lFMy - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So I know I haven't posted a changelog yet, but I'd just like to say that I recoded the rollers and how items are handled on them, you can now put items close to one another and have them all slide smoothly together, to make it more like Habbo.

New roller features:

- No longer requires an empty roller tile in between items to roll.
- When two rollers face each other and both have items on top, they will refuse to slide (the items on top won't swap rollers, basically)

Oh, and I'll add proper like how Habbo does it. :D:

Support for players/entities on rollers aren't added yet, since I had to recode how items were treated on rollers, the same requires for entities and I haven't added them back into the system yet.

Also, anyone knows if there's a small delay after each item moves? I don't have credits on official Habbo so I can't test.

(see how the doormats don't move? :wink:)
y84lFMy - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

I tested on Habbo.com.br , on the first example with golden bars , they cant move itens because doesnt have a empty roller ... on the second with lodge coners , they cant move at the same time , will move the first coner , opem a empyy space and the second moves...

Attachments

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I tested on Habbo.com.br , on the first example with golden bars , they cant move itens because doesnt have a empty roller ... on the second with lodge coners , they cant move at the same time , will move the first coner , opem a empyy space and the second moves...

Oh, so I had it correct the first time with the rollers? (Each item needed a free tile in front of it to roll). :(:

Damn, I need to buy credits and test myself.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Oh, so I had it correct the first time with the rollers? (Each item needed a free tile in front of it to roll). :(:

I tested with 10 different rollers ( Classics , train... ) the same result...

U can make both styles , and give the option to the server owner...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tested with 10 different rollers ( Classics , train... ) the same result...

U can make both styles , and give the option to the server owner...

This is fine, but please do set the default behavior to be the same as Habbo's (even if it's quirky)! Bonus points if this works:

On another note, there's more behavior that's inconsistent with the original: diagonal walking should not work if you are blocked by the sides adjacent to the diagonal you're trying to walk through. This is how it works in Habbo:

Moreover, I think that queue tiles worked quite differently too: it always let you walk on top of them. If you were on top of them and had no tickets, it moved you out to the adjacent non-queue tile and opened the ticket buying window. If you did have tickets, you could walk anywhere on the queue (even if you had people behind you).

I haven't been as excited for a project since Atom from @lab-hotel. And as such, you'll be subject to the same criticism he was :p (PS: he cashed in on those bonus points, even if only for a while for showing me it could be done. I hope you do too!)

Reaction score

Download Arcturus, its free ;)

But yes. In order for a tile to roll a furniture, the tile infront must be empty, unless its a roller with nothing on it.
Same for players.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Download Arcturus, its free ;)

But yes. In order for a tile to roll a furniture, the tile infront must be empty, unless its a roller with nothing on it.
Same for players.

I only trust primary sources (official Habbo or YouTube videos of official Habbo) to get the behaviour correct. I can't trust non-official Habbo related examples because I can't be sure if it was implemented correctly, as my aim is to emulate Habbo's v21 behaviour as close as possible.

Reaction score
I only trust primary sources (official Habbo or YouTube videos of official Habbo) to get the behaviour correct. I can't trust non-official Habbo related examples because I can't be sure if it was implemented correctly, as my aim is to emulate Habbo's v21 behaviour as close as possible.

Rolling furniture into eachother has never been a feature on habbo. Also only 1x1 furni can be placed on rollers.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I reverted the roller logic back to how it's supposed to be while also being new and improved, stops some bugs that arose before. Old school stacking with rollers has been implemented, being possible with z-shelves, that's how the two pillows are stacked. :p:

MBd5QDS - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thought you could only stack twice and then use a carpet to stack higher?

No, you use rollers with z-shelves to stack items that aren't stackable (like the pillows), see here:

Go to "Roller Stacking II", this functionality has been removed the current Habbo, but I'm emulating the v21 Habbo where this should be possible. My implementation isn't exactly like the link I showed, but it's almost there. :p:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
No, you use rollers with z-shelves to stack items that aren't stackable (like the pillows), see here:

Go to "Roller Stacking II", this functionality has been removed the current Habbo, but I'm emulating the v21 Habbo where this should be possible. My implementation isn't exactly like the link I showed, but it's almost there. :p:

U right , i remember that trick... Hey do you know why the links to change looks doesnt work ??? i checked with hoshiko and he have no idea... Habbo Home works very well but change looks :/

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey quack , i dont know if oldhabbo.com kepler as updated but i found a bug with rollers , we can rotate rollers to the walls and the item fall inside...

Can you record the bug for me and then open up an issue on GitHub, would really help. :):

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Made my pathfinder more like Habbo, after what @HabboTugaa mentioned.

CWzyIFl - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Looks amazing! Kepler v21 will be the best retro with rollers and pathfinder :D I have only a question about rollers, you can fuse furnis? I remember in Habbo 2009 that could be fuse with 1 roller and a coin, putting a furni on top of the coin and other furni in roller, if someone else remembers this and can give more details or videos from youtube but I'm sure that's how it was done

PD: I found a video

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Amazing Quack. It's awesome to see some old school stuff. I'mma be sure to check this out
Edit: Been awhile since i messed with any of this. Qucik confusing. Someone think they can whip up a quick guide possibly? Would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back