Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Looks amazing! Kepler v21 will be the best retro with rollers and pathfinder :D I have only a question about rollers, you can fuse furnis? I remember in Habbo 2009 that could be fuse with 1 roller and a coin, putting a furni on top of the coin and other furni in roller, if someone else remembers this and can give more details or videos from youtube but I'm sure that's how it was done

PD: I found a video
Ah yes, those were the days when rollers made stacking even easier. I used to use the 'z shelfs' from the 'Mode' section of the catalogue. This thread has taken me back to when I first joined the real Habbo.. the nostalgia is real right now.

Alex this is looking fantastic and I look forward to seeing it develop even further. Best of luck, Lord Quack.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Changelog

The following are my changes:

- Add room dimmer feature.
- Add trax/sound machine feature (with playlists, create/edit/delete songs).
- Add users online command.
- Add pickall command.
- Add sit command
- Add stack height limit for rollers.
- Add turn off room dimmer when picked up.
- Add can't walk diagonal between two non-walkable tiles.

- Fix show last hand items when items are purchased.
- Fix rolling items into the walls.
- Fix rolling items into solid items.
- Fix ChannelClosedException on room leave as the server tried to send a packet to a closed socket, if the user was inside the pool lift or the changing rooms.
- Fix MoodlightDao contains item with the proper query select.
- Fix sit status getting removed when sitting on a chair on a roller.
- Fix dice not resetting when picked up and couldn't re-roll when placed again, the workaround before was to relog.
- Fix when rolling into furniture the entity didn't interact with the furniture (eg from standing into sitting).
- Fix not been able to use dice when being on a tile diagonal next to it.
- Fix diving elevator tile becoming locked after the first diver.
- Revert rollers to actual Habbo logic where it required a free tile in front of each roller to roll into it.

Hoshiko's changes:

- Add database migrations, which are used by the Docker container to allow for easy database changes during continuous deployment
- Add RetroRCON library, an gRPC service we use to implement RCON (when Hoshiko implements housekeeping features and tidied up the example code, Hoshiko will announce an development thread)
- Add ability to change MySQL port Kepler uses to connect to the database
- Add dispose() method to NettyServer to allow for graceful (disconnecting users) shutdown of Kepler
-
- Port CONVERT_FURNI_TO_CREDITS to the Java version (credits to Navine for the original C implementation)
- Port TRY_LOGIN to the Java version (uses LazySodium for Argon2 password hashing)
- Implement DICE_OFF and THROW_DICE
- Implement GET_SOUND_SETTING and SET_SOUND_SETTING
- Implement :givebadge and :reloadcatalog commands
- Implement getOnlineCount, ping, isUserOnline and refreshAppearance RCON functions
-
- Fix listening on IPv6 addresses
- Fix lingo injections from string values in PlayerDetails.fill and RoomData.fill
- Improve the way currencies are handled, it now is aware of multiple applications modifying currency values
- Improve :status to show JDK information

5a9ZINV - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

cY0FAC5 - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any chance we could get an update on the README on how to get things going on locally?

Sure, will update it soon.

For now, if you want to compile it, install Java 10 (must be JDK 10) and Gradle, if on Linux then you must , then go to the directory and run:
Code:
gradle build

Which should grab all the dependencies for the project, and then run:

Code:
gradle fatJar

Which will create a runnable Kepler .jar.

And then go to /Kepler-Server/build/ and there exists Kepler-Server-all.jar which you should be able to run with:

Code:
java -jar Kepler-Server-all.jar

Or you could just import the project as a Gradle project into an IDE, such as IntelliJ or Eclipse and it will basically do the same thing, but you can debug it. :):

Last edited:
Reaction score
What about the database structure? Right now it's organized with migrations and I'm not quite sure on how to import those to my database :p Is the Docker image functioning properly? I might give that a go later aswell.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What about the database structure? Right now it's organized with migrations and I'm not quite sure on how to import those to my database :p Is the Docker image functioning properly? I might give that a go later aswell.

There's a kepler.sql for all the changes in a single file if you want to do a fresh installation, the migrations are for incremental updates for users who already are running Kepler.

Also yes, the Docker image works, it sets up all the CMS stuff made by Hoshiko, and the database server, etc, but you'll need a reverse HTTP proxy by using ngnix to expose the HTTP server, only works on Linux though.

All the README's are outdated.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Will it be ever available for normal Windows users you think? Or can i just open it on Windows already with Intelij (if yes, where is the config located)?

About your updates: nice to see oldskool is still living in here! My heart also cant let it go.

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Will it be ever available for normal Windows users you think? Or can i just open it on Windows already with Intelij (if yes, where is the config located)?

Of course, it's Java, it will run on Windows fine as there's no platform dependent code anywhere. I develop on Windows too, using IntelliJ IDEA. The CMS by Hoshiko however is a different story (which appears only to work on Linux distros due to some dependencies he's using), but that's where m.tiago comes in with his CMS. :):

Also the config file is created when you first start the Kepler server.

(If the file doesn't exist, create it first, set the values, then read it)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Of course, it's Java, it will run on Windows fine as there's no platform dependent code anywhere. I develop on Windows too, using IntelliJ IDEA. The CMS by Hoshiko however is a different story (which appears only to work on Linux distros due to some dependencies he's using), but that's where m.tiago comes in with his CMS. :):

Also the config file is created when you first start the Kepler server.

(If the file doesn't exist, create it first, set the values, then read it)

My CMS running on every plataform , because its just ´´PHP...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The CMS by @Hoshiko however is a different story (which appears only to work on Linux distros due to some dependencies he's using)
It's possible to run on Windows. Not as simple as only installing XAMPP and dropping some files in a folder though.

Will add a Windows tutorial at some point when I have access to a M$ machine again. With a big disclaimer that I do not recommend running a public webserver on a Windows platform, as that's like holding a neon sign asking to get hacked.

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Rewrote some of the roller behaviour code, so all entities and items are checked if they can roll in the first loop, and then the second loop will roll the ones which can roll. The end result makes the rollers work like they do on Habbo as an actual queue, if the roller path is almost filled up. :):

NGcoSBy - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Retired
Reaction score
For now, if you want to compile it, install Java 10 (must be JDK 10) and Gradle, if on Linux then you must , then go to the directory and run:
Code:
gradle build
Not sure if I have introduced you to this but you have a very handy tool called sdkman:
The CMS by Hoshiko however is a different story (which appears only to work on Linux distros due to some dependencies he's using),
What kind of insane CMS is that? Using syscalls to fetch the online user count bar for the client?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What kind of insane CMS is that? Using syscalls to fetch the online user count bar for the client?
Using certain PHP extensions that aren't supplied with XAMPP. They can be build on Windows, and most of them, if not all, are available for download in binary (.dll) form.

I will add Windows instructions to the README.md once I have access to a M$ machine again.

Last edited:
Retired
Reaction score
Using certain PHP extensions that aren't supplied with XAMPP. They can be build on Windows, and most of them, if not all, are available for download in binary (.dll) form.

I will add Windows instructions to the README.md once I have access to a M$ machine again.
And what extensions are that may I ask?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
And what extensions are that may I ask?
uses the framework, UTF-8 support via . Caching via and . For the project relies on a .

Reaction score
Using Phalcon for this type of project is a bit ridiculous. Rather than having 2 developers work on 1 CMS there are 2 developers each working on their own CMS. One for Linux and one for Windows based on what Qwek said. I don't really understand why you guys didn't pool resources and both work on the same CMS in a framework such as Laravel or CakePhP which do not require a custom PhP extension in order to function and instead use standard / commonly used ones.

Last edited:
Retired
Reaction score
Using Phalcon for this type of project is a bit ridiculous. Rather than having 2 developers work on 1 CMS there are 2 developers each working on their own CMS. One for Linux and one for Windows based on what Qwek said. I don't really understand why you guys didn't pool resources and both work on the same CMS in a framework such as Laravel or CakePhP which do not require a custom PhP extension in order to function and instead use standard / commonly used ones.
Ashley pls don't give qwek the idea of implementing a Habbo CMS as a PhP extension in C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back