Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just updated the main kepler.sql if anyone has had any problems using Kepler. It seems it was a bit out of date.

Hey Quack, if you need the packets to implement Wobble Squabble, send me a message. This is looking good!
Cheers Near! :):

Nice to see you're still around, really appreciate you offering help. :D: I'll take up that offer when I get around to adding Wobble Squabble. :):

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey quack i have a doubt , i started to implement habbo home again , and i need to know , u keep public and private rooms together in room table ? "I guess ??? " , if that's true i need to know what values the server sets on column accesstype ? , i need to know if room as opened closed or doorbell right :D , and whats suposed to be the column showname ?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey quack i have a doubt , i started to implement habbo home again , and i need to know , u keep public and private rooms together in room table ? "I guess ??? " , if that's true i need to know what values the server sets on column accesstype ? , i need to know if room as opened closed or doorbell right :D , and whats suposed to be the column showname ?

Alright, :):

owner_id should be 0 for public rooms

access_type = 0 is open

access_type = 1 is doorbell/locked

access_type = 2 is password entry

Hope that helps! :D:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
In the shockwave client you had the ability to hide your name as room owner. This meant that if the room owner decided to not show the owner name you'd simply see a '-'.

I assume it's for that.

So that probably as a boolean flag too , i get all data from rooms because we probably will need that for the housekeeping ( Edit , Delete...)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Tanks , and what the column showname means ????

Whether the room owner allows to show their name in the navigator. If false, he people who should see the name of the owner of the room are staff and the room owner, everyone else should only see "-", but if the setting were true then everyone sees the room owner name.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So its a 0 and 1 or true and false ?

And i make list rooms on Home works , credits to Navine... Now i'll works on Tags on profile , i make the table using your user badges as template , probably u will implement at the same way on database...

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So its a 0 and 1 or true and false ?

And i make list rooms on Home works , credits to Navine... Now i'll works on Tags on profile , i make the table using your user badges as template , probably u will implement at the same way on database...

1 and 0 is the same as true and false... in the SQL storage anyways.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Tanks , i hate my SQL classes and i cant escape from that is the only who opens i pass with a B- ( 6.2 ) ( SQL , PLSQL , PGSQL+GEODATA) :d

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
For anyone interested, I've started to use the issues page on GitHub, which allows me, and the rest of the people following the development to keep track of features, bugs, critical bugs, etc.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Anyone else had this issue with Netty before?

I think I've done something wrong as this never used to happen, and it's killing my server. :(:

It's like it just throws a tantrum and doesn't process packets anymore, yet the server doesn't crash. It happens with a few people online.

Reaction score
Anyone else had this issue with Netty before?

I think I've done something wrong as this never used to happen, and it's killing my server. :(:

It's like it just throws a tantrum and doesn't process packets anymore, yet the server doesn't crash. It happens with a few people online.

Probably a deadlock somewhere. Use a profiler like VisualVM to see whats happening.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Probably a deadlock somewhere. Use a profiler like VisualVM to see whats happening.

Thanks for the suggestion! :D:

So far on oldHabbo things are looking good, it's been running for 5+ hours without any issues. But yeah, will have to use a profiler or dump it from memory when it freezes again (if it does).

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Freezing issue appears to be fixed, not sure what exactly caused it but after redoing parts of the ConnectionHandler, and also removing syncUninterruptibly() from .close().syncUninterruptibly() the issue appears to have vanished. There was probably a deadlock caused somewhere by it. :):

UPDATE:

Freezing issue not fixed.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
"Sunnieday V26" AKA A Holograph Emulator edit* isn't stable at all, Kepler is so many much more times stabler.

Yes, with Sunnieday you fall almost the same as with holograph original, maybe 5 more minutes of stability, in kepler I can be more than 6 hours and I do not have falls :)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The server pausing bug has been fixed, it was a complicated bug but basically it was opening a transaction to query player data, and then it would happen another transaction inside of that one to query badges, so that's one extra connection being used while the first connection wasn't given back to the pool, as a result the pooling would lock up if many people requested player data at once (eg, when refreshing friends list). So the querying was optimised and the bug was fixed.

Changelog

- Added: Camera.
- Added: Camera catalogue pages (pages 1 & 2).
- Added: Buying film.
- Added: Free 2 pieces of film for every camera purchase.
- Added: Gifting items to other Habbos and yourself.
- Added: Upper Hallways (with all connecting rooms).
- Added: Stop user from walking when they are using teleporters.
- Added: Interacting with wall items.
- Added: Case-insensitive console and room search.
- Added: Old-school Habbo like stacking with z shelves and rollers.
- Added: Your chat message vanishes when chatting and but no one is close enough to hear it (they see your message go up in the air, but you see your message fine).

- Fix: Major critical server freezing bug, where the problem was the database pool became locked up after chaining connections inside another one.
- Fix: Furniture heights on pieces of furniture.
- Fix: Allow user to reach teleporters and ignore max jump/min drop, just like official Habbo.
- Fix: Reset teleporter doors when they're moved, as they'd get saved with the open door state.
- Fix: Ability to place rollers on rugs (Habbo doesn't allow it, but I'll make Kepler allow it).
- Fix: When a user slid into a chair from a roller, they wouldn't automaticall sit (yes, I broke it again...).
- Fix: Lert/Scoreboard not working.
- Fix: Various cases of rollers freezing when an entity handles is around the furniture of a roller.
- Fix: Players had the ability to kick people off sitting on their chair when on rollers.

Oh yes, I added camera. :wink:

N0WEEaQ - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

JlSFcua - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Upper Hallways has been added (Lower Hallways with all connections was already added ages ago):

A good map of the Upper Hallways:

BWP8ZnA - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back