Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How awkward is this to setup on Windows with Hoshikos CMS using IntelliJ or does it only work on Linux?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I noticed my most recent changelog was put in the previous page, so here it is for anyone interested:

The server pausing bug has been fixed, it was a complicated bug but basically it was opening a transaction to query player data, and then it would happen another transaction inside of that one to query badges, so that's one extra connection being used while the first connection wasn't given back to the pool, as a result the pooling would lock up if many people requested player data at once (eg, when refreshing friends list). So the querying was optimised and the bug was fixed.

Changelog

- Added: Camera.
- Added: Camera catalogue pages (pages 1 & 2).
- Added: Buying film.
- Added: Free 2 pieces of film for every camera purchase.
- Added: Gifting items to other Habbos and yourself.
- Added: Upper Hallways (with all connecting rooms).
- Added: Stop user from walking when they are using teleporters.
- Added: Interacting with wall items.
- Added: Case-insensitive console and room search.
- Added: Old-school Habbo like stacking with z shelves and rollers.
- Added: Your chat message vanishes when chatting and but no one is close enough to hear it (they see your message go up in the air, but you see your message fine).

- Fix: Major critical server freezing bug, where the problem was the database pool became locked up after chaining connections inside another one.
- Fix: Furniture heights on pieces of furniture.
- Fix: Allow user to reach teleporters and ignore max jump/min drop, just like official Habbo.
- Fix: Reset teleporter doors when they're moved, as they'd get saved with the open door state.
- Fix: Ability to place rollers on rugs (Habbo doesn't allow it, but I'll make Kepler allow it).
- Fix: When a user slid into a chair from a roller, they wouldn't automaticall sit (yes, I broke it again...).
- Fix: Lert/Scoreboard not working.
- Fix: Various cases of rollers freezing when an entity handles is around the furniture of a roller.
- Fix: Players had the ability to kick people off sitting on their chair when on rollers.

Oh yes, I added camera. :wink:

N0WEEaQ - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

JlSFcua - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Upper Hallways has been added (Lower Hallways with all connections was already added ages ago):

A good map of the Upper Hallways:

BWP8ZnA - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

How awkward is this to setup on Windows with Hoshikos CMS using IntelliJ or does it only work on Linux?

There's no Windows install methods at the moment, Hoshiko needs to write them up. But you can run the Dockerfile and use docker-compose, it will run fine. That's what oldHabbo is using.

This is what I use to run the latest builds of Kepler on my test hotel (kepler.alex-dev.org):

Code:
docker build -t kepler .

docker tag kepler:latest kepler:staging

docker-compose.yml -d

And I make sure docker-compose.yml has "kepler:staging" as the image to use for Kepler instead of Hoshiko's uploaded images.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Changelog:

- Rollers (now 100%, yes I'm serious), cannot walk into furniture, cannot roll furni or players into each other, etc.
- Players getting stuck when crossing between public rooms (magic tiles, etc) and can't walk until the first user walks out.
- Disable door locations when they're on the same tile as a magic tile, so you don't accidentally get kicked when crossing between rooms.
- Delay player more when using teleporters so they cannot immediately walk out.
- I added Cunning Fox Gamehall rooms (with all walkways connected).
- Added Battleball and Snowstorm lobby.
- Moved all public room furniture and external texts to database (to make deploying easier).
- I added Plasto furniture.
- Added Club Orient / Star Lounge rooms.
- Added join/leave mid-game for Poker (just the support coded for it for now).
- Added select side in Tac Tac Toe and show the players name who's playing.

- Fixed head rotation becoming a bit fucked up when sitting down after standing next to someone who spoke.
- Fixed yellow outline of a tile that didn't exist near chat window..
- Fixed rolling into chair (again).
- Fixed walking into fountain on gamehall.
- Fixed a bug where if a user sat down and another user got up from the chair, a panel would still open.
- Fixed bed planking (but not completely...).

Changes from Hoshiko:

- Fixed room rights not being removed by implementing YOUNOTCONTROLLER.
- Room rights are now no longer being shown in public spaces.
- Fixed NumberFormatException in TRYFLAT.
- Room owners could vote on their own room, this has been fixed.

- Fixed vote UI not disappearing when voting by forcing getVotes RoomDao function to return 0 if the sum of votes is negative.
- Implemented INFO_HOTEL_CLOSED and INFO_HOTEL_CLOSING to notify users of maintenance.
- Implemented HOTEL_LOGOUT for proper user disconnection.

One of the first servers to get Tic Tac Toe working and operational... :D:

(it's live on right now)

sSEhvyF - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Can no longer roll furniture into furniture:

bhCsHjx - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Shutdown command by Hoshiko:

cXsusIU - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

And the logic for the other games (sitting next to a player, etc) is coded as well, but only Tic Tac Toe is complete right now.

k5ayggz - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

bBFloTh - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Chess is now live and working :D: I used a so I didn't have to do all the chess logic myself.

8dZd6hF - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Also the bottom left now shows who's turn it is.

FDY0F2W - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know that's just a random off topic question. But who is this m.tiago? I really don't understand what are all his messages here...

Hmm, Quack, I'm really excited with the effort you're doing on this, I really would like to play in any server that runs Kepler, just for the sake of Nostalgia.

But.. I'm really worried with the fact that this is Shockwave. I know that there are browsers that could run it. But people doesn't use them. Did you already done any research that could made the DCR's playable in Chrome or something like that? That would be noob-friendly, or just PlugNPlay? Or maybe a downloadable "player". (That's acceptable). Like an .exe, or a Java Applet, or C++ applet that likely includes an NPAPI version of Shockwave? I dunno.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward for the release of this emulator. On my personal opinion the v21 was one of the best Habbo versions.

Thanks for your effort, dude!

Occasional Visitor
Reaction score
Oh wow the nostalgia! This really makes me want to dig into play around with Habbo stuff at some point. I can just never motivate myself to get a suitable environment set up to work on it with. Maybe one day I'll play around with some ideas I've had. Or maybe I'll just recreate games like battle ball :D (I wonder if I can actually pass it off as work and get paid for...)

I doubt I have much you don't already have but if you're interested in my random assortment of files just hit me me up on Discord some time. I'd love to discuss some of the more crazy ideas I had for IHI plugins in the past (such as infinitely sized rooms by scrolling everything as you move).

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Updates

- Fixed almost all public room bugs where users could walk into tables and other things they shouldn't be allowed to.
- Added allowing user to swim between first and second Lido.
- Added allowing swimming in Rooftop Rumble.
- Made the Lido queue act like Habbo (as in users without tickets can walk to tile, but they'll get teleported off the tile, and users can push in front of others).
- Added the Lido camera and it randomly spectates a random user in the Lido, while also zooming in and out.

Swimming between pools:

fq6a19D - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Lido queue demonstration:

eywfSDT - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Alex. Very greatjob my friend. whats next? snowstorm and battleball.? :) maybe time to get rc4 working either to complete it.

Goodluck with your project, i wish you all the best like always.

oh and send me ur discord (got new account :D)

Hi Maarten! Long time no see, and I think next will be getting some of these closed. Also my discord is Alex#3441. Cheers. :laugh:

I know that's just a random off topic question. But who is this m.tiago? I really don't understand what are all his messages here...

Hmm, Quack, I'm really excited with the effort you're doing on this, I really would like to play in any server that runs Kepler, just for the sake of Nostalgia.

But.. I'm really worried with the fact that this is Shockwave. I know that there are browsers that could run it. But people doesn't use them. Did you already done any research that could made the DCR's playable in Chrome or something like that? That would be noob-friendly, or just PlugNPlay? Or maybe a downloadable "player". (That's acceptable). Like an .exe, or a Java Applet, or C++ applet that likely includes an NPAPI version of Shockwave? I dunno.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward for the release of this emulator. On my personal opinion the v21 was one of the best Habbo versions.

Thanks for your effort, dude!

I haven't done any research into getting Shockwave to work in any other browser, oldHabbo is still popular though, we used to have average 8 daily which was pretty neat. :):

And yeah, v21 is great. :D:

Oh wow the nostalgia! This really makes me want to dig into play around with Habbo stuff at some point. I can just never motivate myself to get a suitable environment set up to work on it with. Maybe one day I'll play around with some ideas I've had. Or maybe I'll just recreate games like battle ball :D (I wonder if I can actually pass it off as work and get paid for...)

I doubt I have much you don't already have but if you're interested in my random assortment of files just hit me me up on Discord some time. I'd love to discuss some of the more crazy ideas I had for IHI plugins in the past (such as infinitely sized rooms by scrolling everything as you move).

Attachments

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So the user now loads and can bounce across the tiles, lock in tiles, etc.

Right now I'm working on the flood fill, I have the animation but algorithm is not behaving correctly, lol :D:

8Heyvr - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

And yes the game is not supposed to start with only 1 player but it's turned off for development purposes.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So the user now loads and can bounce across the tiles, lock in tiles, etc.

Right now I'm working on the flood fill, I have the animation but algorithm is not behaving correctly, lol :D:

8Heyvr - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

And yes the game is not supposed to start with only 1 player but it's turned off for development purposes.

I don't know what to say. You are awesome mate!

Attachments

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Updates

- Power ups spawning on the map, can activate them, and there's a countdown if you don't use them. Power ups currently do nothing on the map if you chose to use them, coming soon(tm).

- Finished games now show their end scores and last for 5 minutes (can be adjusted longer or shorter in settings)

- Spectating games now works

- People who don't press play again will be redirected to the lobby, those who do will start a new match (play again works, basically)

- People who press play again will have a star next to their name indicating they'll play next match

- Spectators no longer view tiles all fucked up ( )

Images/animated images

XtVBYvC - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

krhYx88 - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Oh, and some progress on SnowStorm :w00t:

W6y88Wv - Kepler - v21 Emulator [Java, MariaDB, Netty] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back