Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mobiles Disco - HTML5 | WebSockets | Python | JavaScript | jQuery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ljYJu67 - Mobiles Disco - HTML5 | WebSockets | Python | JavaScript | jQuery - RaGEZONE Forums

Hello guys,
Some time ago I started to edit the Jabbo Project, improved the whole project and after much work I just decided to create a Habbo in HTML5 was not what I really wanted. A few weeks later I started to create another set, also with HTML5, but there creativity went downhill. Then, after a few other weeks I had a great idea. Recreate the Mobiles Disco all from scratch, this time in HTML5, with WebSockets, JavaScript, jQuery and server in Python. The project is well underway, soon will open a Mobiles Disco Server.

Project Info:
  • Project Name: Mobiles Disco
  • Front-End: HTML5, JavaScript and jQuery
  • Back-End: Python with
Our features:
  • CMS: 100%
  • SSO Login: 100%
  • Avatar Imaging: [STRIKE]10%[/STRIKE] 25%
  • Walking: 65%
  • Bots: [STRIKE]8%[/STRIKE] 80%
  • Chat: [STRIKE]70%[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]90%[/STRIKE] 99%
  • Room effects (Disco Room): [STRIKE]90%[/STRIKE] 99%
  • A loooooot of things need improvements...
Missing features:
  • Register system: 0%
  • [STRIKE]Room effects (Disco Room): 0%[/STRIKE]
Screenshots:
CMS Screenshots:
6CtYbeo - Mobiles Disco - HTML5 | WebSockets | Python | JavaScript | jQuery - RaGEZONE Forums
U2SSCZL - Mobiles Disco - HTML5 | WebSockets | Python | JavaScript | jQuery - RaGEZONE Forums
bzLW5Ak - Mobiles Disco - HTML5 | WebSockets | Python | JavaScript | jQuery - RaGEZONE Forums
Z4tMEb1 - Mobiles Disco - HTML5 | WebSockets | Python | JavaScript | jQuery - RaGEZONE Forums
Snippets:
Load Arena Snippet [SERVER]:
PHP:
def load_arena(self, user_id, arena_id):
        if arena_id in Arenas_Data:
            self.user_enter_arena(arena_id, user_id)
            self.load_users_in_arena(arena_id)
            self.write_line('[ROOM] USER ID: %s entered ROOM ID: %s' % (user_id, arena_id))
            if arena_id == 0:
                self.load_bot_in_arena()
        else:
            print 'Could not load this arena id.'

Add Avatar Snippet [CLIENT]:
PHP:
addAvatar: function (avatar_id, avatar_name, avatar_figure, avatar_about, pos_x, pos_y, dir) {
        $('#room_avatars').append('<div id="avatar' + avatar_id + '" class="avatar" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; position: absolute; background-image: url() no-repeat;"></div>');
        $('#avatar' + avatar_id).data('id', avatar_id);
        $('#avatar' + avatar_id).data('name', avatar_name);
        $('#avatar' + avatar_id).data('figure', avatar_figure);
        $('#avatar' + avatar_id).data('about', avatar_about);
        this.updatePos(avatar_id, pos_x, pos_y, dir, true);
        this.enableAvatarEvents();
    },

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Retired
Reaction score
Looks neat and its something fresh, I wish you all the best with it.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Woaaaaow this is fantastic news, a big good luck from Alozi!!!!!!!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Are you going to make the source public any time soon?

I'm getting tired of people posting developments and keeping the source code to themselves.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Are you going to make the source public any time soon?

I'm getting tired of people posting developments and keeping the source code to themselves.

Well, for now I will not post anything about the source or something. I will continue to develop and open a server as well as possible, and then, after much improvement will think about the possibility of leaving the source open to all.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If I may give you a tip, try to not use jQuery too much (for example if you don't need anything like animation or fadeing etc.). If you only need to get an element (maybe to add content or something) try to use vanilla JS since jQuery is slower than vanilla JS :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't agree with the whole 'no source snippets' policy on this thread.
IMO, if you really want people to follow your development and get into it, its always good to upload source snippets.
You'll get help on what you should/shouldn't use and it will keep faith restored in everyone subscribed.

Don't take the wrong path with this.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this a new hype or something?
Development without showing any source code. This isn't a Showcase, is it? o.0

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This looks like a really interesting project. But what is this nonsense with not allowing code-snippets to be posted in threads? This is after all a development section. Also, is there any open code-repos for the project?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Update:

Principal Room:
- Added missing furniture
- Small fixes

Disco Room:
- Some effects fixed

Game:
- Added game buttons
- Bubble fixed

Screenshots:

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering about the Python framework you're using for the web back-end care to share what framework you're using? :) If you're ever looking for something fun to work with CherryPy is amazing.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm wondering about the Python framework you're using for the web back-end care to share what framework you're using? :) If you're ever looking for something fun to work with CherryPy is amazing.

I'm using only Simple Framework (only for websockets)... :)

Last edited:
Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm not using Python for back-end, it's only for the server. My back-end is basically HTML5 and JavaScript :)

Server == Backend...

HTML5 and JavaScript are not back-end that's front-end lol Back-end is the code the player cannot see... Front-end is what they can see... Either way you never answered my question about Python...

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Server == Backend...

HTML5 and JavaScript are not back-end that's front-end lol Back-end is the code the player cannot see... Front-end is what they can see... Either way you never answered my question about Python...

Yeah someone need to study about CASE methodology and specially "lower-CASE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back