Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NexusServer v2 (C++/Qt)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Wait, You use 2 types of programs for one server? :eek:
Actually, the bottom one is the output console for my debugger/packet logger. but it's no longer maintained or fully functional.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates again, the past few days have been busy, but I plan on doing some work again soon. I'll update this post either today or tomorrow with more information.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Glad this project is still alive! Been with it ever since its launch :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems like a great project! Glad to see people actually doing some serious server development that the community can watch come together or even participate in.

Thanks and great luck to you! :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Seems like a great project! Glad to see people actually doing some serious server development that the community can watch come together or even participate in.

Thanks and great luck to you! :)
Thanks for the encouragement :)

I've been quite busy as of late with IRL events though, mothers day among other things, but I'll be doing work today, I have some free time.

I'll be doing some work with public rooms again, and possibly implement SSO login, it needs to be done and it's not too hard. I'm also going to take a look a the Qt install on the NexusTools server to see if I cant get the testing sandbox working. It's been a pain though, might have to reinstall the VM.

Updates should be in this post within the next few hours

Edit 1:
I've done some work on the server core, and switched over to trying to fix Qt on the NexusTools server, but it's proving to be stubborn. I'm still working on it but I might have to boot into my linux install and see if I compile from there and send it over. If anyone has any experience with make being unable to find Qt's library files let me know.

Edit 2:
I've made some progress with the NexusTools server, I updated it from ubuntu 11.10 -> 12.04, and it seems to be working a bit better now. I'll have more news soon, and a changelog before the night is out.

Edit 3:
I didn't make as much progress as I had hoped today, the compiler on the dedicated server was more problematic then I had expected, and an un-planned event happened today. I have a lot more free time tomorrow though.

Here is a short list of changes:
-imported public room furniture data into databasecore
-Started implementing SSO login
-moved around the .PRO a bit to attempt to fix for the NexusTools sandbox

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
C++ has got to be tedious to program in compared to a higher level language. Good luck, I'm sticking with C#.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
But.. what's a higher level language in your opinion? In my opinion, C/C++ is pretty damn high level..
Especially if you're using a framework like Qt, That's a common misconception about C++. It is low level in that it compiles directly to assembly, and doesn't use any sort of virtual machine, but it also has a lot of high level APIs you can download/include.

Sorry for the slowed development here lately. Unfortunately itt'l be a little worse for the next little while. I have quite a few events coming up, we're going camping next week, and I've got a lot of work do do around here.

I'm definitely not dropping this project, I've said from the beginning I want to finish it for posterity, but it might be a good idea to close this thread for a bit, until I can develop it a little more steadily. I'll either post back here or contact a mod when that happens.

The SVN and website will of-course stay up, and I'll probably commit random revisions, but I don't know how often. Sorry about this, I wasn't planning on things going so slowly, but I've actually got things taking up my time now. It's also kinda hard when you develop a project in a new language from scratch constantly since January, and you only get about 30 replies in total that aren't your own updates to your thread, and other projects that use majority existing source code pop up and die off due to inactivity that get hundreds of replies. Community feedback isn't critical, but it definitely helps motivate me to do more.

Oh also, a little side note, I noticed last time this thread got closed I couldn't edit the main post, which is counterproductive. If at all possible it would be nice to still be able to add updates to the main post.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Code:
void Protocol::attachToServer(ServerCore* _c, quint16 port){
    serve = new QTcpServer(this);
    serve->listen(QHostAddress::Any, port);
    _core = _c;

connect(serve, SIGNAL(newConnection()), this, SLOT(newConnectionFromServer()));
    printf("Listening for connections on port %i. Language: %s\n", port, ConfigurationCore::get("lang.langstr").toStdString().c_str());
}

newConnection() should be a time-out void!

Also:

Code:
SocketTracker::SocketTracker(Protocol* _p, QTcpSocket* _s, Client* _c, ServerCore* _sc)
{
    prot = _p;
    socket = _s;
    client = _c;
    core = _sc;
    printf("Client connected.\n");
    connect(_s, SIGNAL(readyRead()), this, SLOT(readyRead()));
    connect(_s, SIGNAL(disconnected()), this, SLOT(disconnected())); // is this ok? I'm bad with connections
    connect(this, SIGNAL(dataToWrite(QByteArray)), this, SLOT(writePassThru(QByteArray)), Qt::QueuedConnection);
}

should be:

Code:
SocketTracker::SocketTracker(Protocol* _p, QTcpSocket* _s, Client* _c, ServerCore* _sc)
{
    prot = _p;
    socket = _s;
    client = _c;
    core = _sc;
    printf("Client connected.\n");
    connect(_s, SIGNAL(disconnected()), this, SLOT(readyRead()));
    connect(this, SIGNAL(dataToWrite(QByteArray)), this, SLOT(writePassThru(QByteArray)), Qt::QueuedConnection);
}

Well, ain't my fixes. PEJump's doing. Will fix the user disconnect issues bro.

Back