Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project Cortex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Monday! Yay!

Last week, I took it slow, didn't work on Cortex a lot, played games, watched YouTube, enjoyed myself. I did work on Cortex a bit though, I began structuring the base for the website client + server that will be shipped with the hotel, I added zoom in and zoom outs (based on a 1.0 scale), I rewrote the room map graphics, working on implementing wall furnitures and landscapes, and I updated the draw rate to smoothen out dragging a room, aaand I've begun making the snowstorm background assets into furnitures.

KittyChloe - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

And while extracting the snowstorm furnitures, I also extracted them from the background and filled in the empty space.

(not latest, just a screen from Discord)

Here's the arena, zoomed out:

Do ignore, my very, smexy avatar, he appreciates all the love he gets!

Now, for the cute GIF of the website...

View attachment 230028

Now, you must be thinking... "ugh, another slow PHP CMS copying Habbo's theme...", well you're correct, thanks for coming to my TED tal-- wait no, it's not written in PHP, it's not a CMS, it's a javascript written frontend that communicates with a C# backend server using web sockets! How amazing, isn't it? Everything is sent in real time and stuff are requested in real time! Switching pages takes less than some milliseconds, switching language takes less than a millisecond, also, thanks to everyone who offered up to help with the translations!

Also it's responsive, because, 2020, and phones being a thing, ya'know.

rINIoa - Project Cortex - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any updates ? :D

You don't have to post biweekly asking if there's any updates, they're posted when there is visual updates. I'm working on background stuff at the moment not really anything to show that hasn't already been shown.

If you DM me, I can send an invite to a channel where updates are logged from github.

Run, but I'll find you.
Reaction score
I haven't been in the retro game for 6 years and thought I'd see what's new in terms of development.

This is fantastic. One of the most promising projects I've seen on here. Especially given its written from scratch essentially.

Well done!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just a question: Any idea how people will rip new furni/clothing from Habbo's Unity version?

CDL

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No updates in the last four weeks?

Please don't tell me this is another dead project, I had high aspirations for this one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@CDL

KittyChloe is on vacation taking a mental break from everyone asking about how the project is going.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
was hoping to see something new with pushing this thread D;

CDL

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Add this project to the rest of the unfinished dead HTML5 projects.

This development is no different than any other. An unfinished dead project.

Moderator might as well close the thread.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@KittyChloe What about your drawing order system for stair tiles (and items, players, objects in general)? I am really very curious to know what your logic was implemented :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@KittyChloe What about your drawing order system for stair tiles (and items, players, objects in general)? I am really very curious to know what your logic was implemented :)
it's really not that difficult. everything has a draw order, you're just filling a canvas with parts of sprites, don't overthink it.

habbo is really simple to recreate, it takes time and motivation to do it though, something I lost half a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back