Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Project HTML5 Habbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dude please, this is a forum. If you don't accept feedback, don't create a thread then. Learn to deal with constructive criticism which is helping improving quality of your project, don't see it like a threat.

I don't think an emulator written in PHP is the best approach. You say it's a educational project so why you don't wan't do it right from the beginning? Why I don't assume PHP is that good for a server is it's maintainability, performance and possibilities.

We're in 2016. You have a lot better languages for writing applications like Java and .NET.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dude please, this is a forum. If you don't accept feedback, don't create a thread then. Learn to deal with constructive criticism which is helping improving quality of your project, don't see it like a threat.

I don't think an emulator written in PHP is the best approach. You say it's a educational project so why you don't wan't do it right from the beginning? Why I don't assume PHP is that good for a server is it's maintainability, performance and possibilities.

We're in 2016. You have a lot better languages for writing applications like Java and .NET.

I am dealing with constructive criticsm.
This project isn't only for education, it's also a fun project. So I'd rather use PHP. I have taken in alot of feedback and I have changed lots. Such as WebSockets, PHP Emulator, JSON Sockets and so.
Please.

--Update--

Teamviewer 12 timeout again; m22-298-983

--Update--
Again..; m50-904-967

-- Update --

A tile generator were created;

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
TeamViewer 12 meeting id; m52-501-308

Teamviewer time out again; m21-955-661

Timeout again......
m86-379-801

Timeout again......
m86-379-801

Againnnnn; m54-990-842

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is interesting...

I don't know whether to like or hate the idea but I guess it sounds good. One thing tho; why you already start with rooms? As I can see, you still got a lot of work left to do that's actually basic functionality (such as purse etc.) Also, what would be cool: to see some stuff of oldskool into this project (think of things like the big hand, old purse etc., maybe make those things configurable).

Good luck with it anyways. Also, why not use something like join.me which in my opinion is better for showing off your screen than teamviewer.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is interesting...

I don't know whether to like or hate the idea but I guess it sounds good. One thing tho; why you already start with rooms? As I can see, you still got a lot of work left to do that's actually basic functionality (such as purse etc.) Also, what would be cool: to see some stuff of oldskool into this project (think of things like the big hand, old purse etc., maybe make those things configurable).

Good luck with it anyways. Also, why not use something like join.me which in my opinion is better for showing off your screen than teamviewer.
People always spam me with, start with the rooms and so, so I finally did it lol.
- Uh, I will only focus on the new UI, sorry.
- Might move to livecoding.tv, but there's a 30 second delay since they just moved to HTML5..

Reaction score
This project will end worse than http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/apollo-habbo-html5-base-cms-1086191/
still gl m8, but don't call me an idiot again pls.

You should continue it :love:

I think it should be possible to use the regular furniture SWFs. You could extract them on the fly in the browsers cache and all the logic about layers and the way its displayed can easily be parsed from the XMLs. I mean, you got pretty much half the functionality of Habbo already in there (Walking, chatting, building rooms). Only thing I would add is trading, dancing and some furniture interactions.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You should continue it :love:

I think it should be possible to use the regular furniture SWFs. You could extract them on the fly in the browsers cache and all the logic about layers and the way its displayed can easily be parsed from the XMLs. I mean, you got pretty much half the functionality of Habbo already in there (Walking, chatting, building rooms). Only thing I would add is trading, dancing and some furniture interactions.

I prefer the version of Ray Boccino (http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/apollo-habbo-html5-base-cms-1086191-post8541017/#post8541017) was really more interesting.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, the look is irrelevant since its just css you can ez pz modify it.
The most important thing is the server and the client-logic (i.e. javascript -> canvas)

Agree. Your core was a lot more better. But i think that the design of Ray was better.
Obviously your design was more creatively. But i think more identical as the original one it's much better.

A design that i really will appreciate for a HTML 5 Client, it's the Habbo Illumina concept.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Project has been re-started again, will post information in a few minutes to the thread.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

PH5H was started originally in 2016, 29th december, it didn't go well as I didn't have the required experience to create the client communication. But now after reading documents, creating smaller games and so on I believe I'm able to finish this project once for all. What I got in mind this thime is that the CMS will be running by PHP OOP as a CMS using themes, the main theme will be the current rip off from . Then the client will use WebSockets to communicate with either a PHP or C# server (will choose when I come to the client.). The client by the clients side will be a "stupid" useless client. It will not handle any requests at all and will only receive decrypted messages from the PHP server and will do what the message tells it to do.​

Sounds so familiar, I thought when I told you to make a "stupid" client with a C# websockets server you said to me it was no use doing so.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sounds so familiar, I thought when I told you to make a "stupid" client with a C# websockets server you said to me it was no use doing so.
And that's why I've choosed to follow your tip and make it a stupid client, I appologize for what I said, if I said so,(not sure). I appreciate the tip doe and that's what lead me to research about it and learn about it more.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
° Variables starts with uppercase letter (???)
° The code is fuckin slow and mess
° Unnecessary codes on all sides.
Code:
public function ValidateTables() {
    return true;
}
Code:
if(!$Database->ValidateTables())
    die("<h2><b>Database Error</b></h2> Missing table structure.");
:junglejane:
° Never ever (ever) trust foreign input introduced to your PHP code. Always sanitize and validate foreign input before using it in code. XSS is in everywhere man.
° Where is the password hashing??
And a lot of others things, that i will not explain here
because i'm a lazy bitche

Sorry man, I didn't like your code.
If you need help, i can help you. Do not be afraid.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
° Variables starts with uppercase letter (???)
I was never taught that this makes my code worse. Does it? I'm pretty sure not.
° The code is fuckin slow and mess
I've not experienced any lag so why would it?
° Unnecessary codes on all sides.
Code:
public function ValidateTables() {
    return true;
}
Code:
if(!$Database->ValidateTables())
    die("<h2><b>Database Error</b></h2> Missing table structure.");
:junglejane:
You do realize $Theme->ValidateTables(); cannot be finished now before I've even started on the client?
° Never ever (ever) trust foreign input introduced to your PHP code. Always sanitize and validate foreign input before using it in code. XSS is in everywhere man.
This project is not to be used publicly, plus $Database->Secure(var);
° Where is the password hashing??
I don't see a need for this since it's not gonna be a public hotel since my code wont be fully stable, plus I've never used hashing in my life and nothing bad has ever happened.

Reaction score
I don't see a need for this since it's not gonna be a public hotel since my code wont be fully stable, plus I've never used hashing in my life and nothing bad has ever happened.
It's better to make it a habit, than just forgetting it should you ever get a job as a developer

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was never taught that this makes my code worse. Does it? I'm pretty sure not.

It doesn't drop performance or anything but using a correct naming convention makes your code cleaner and in some way more professional.

PHP:
public function Execute() {

Function names should either be camelCase or under_score, so like:

PHP:
public function execute() {

And for example this function:

PHP:
public function GenerateKey($userid) {

Would be either

PHP:
public function generateKey($userid) {

Or

PHP:
public function generate_key($userid) {

And variables start with a lowercase. So

PHP:
$Config = [];

Would be

PHP:
$config = [];

pel

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Yeah you're 13. What should've happend in your life already? Hash passwords or stop developing, thats it. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back