Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Icarus Server (Production) - [Python, Multi-DB/MySQL]

If I see a pointer being created in a class and not deleted in that same class, I dont trust your code unless I can make sure it isnt still floating around somewhere.

The fact that you even use pointers just useless.

Cygwin is different as it tries to provide the UNIX api for windows. You are better off just using different compile targets by crosscompiling.

For the record; I am studying embedded software engineering and have been working with C/C++ for almost 4 years.

Do whatever you want but I tell you, with this attitude of not willing to accept any comments you are not going to make it.

C++ is not a language that should be learned through trial and error, which is what you are doing (Dont try to prove me wrong, these mistakes you made is not something what would happen to someone that started C++ and properly did their research and learning)

I was willing to help you out for the good but you seem a bit stubborn.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

If I see a pointer being created in a class and not deleted in that same class, I dont trust your code unless I can make sure it isnt still floating around somewhere.

All from one screenshot... ridiculous.

The fact that you even use pointers just useless.

What you just said is the most stupidest things I've ever read in my entire life, pointers are one of the very core features of C++

In certain cases, I want to control how objects get disposed of myself (such as connection instances).

Cygwin is different as it tries to provide the UNIX api for windows. You are better off just using different compile targets by crosscompiling.

Yes it's only for the API, I'd do the actual testing and compilation under a UNIX environment like my Raspberry Pi or a VM.

For the record; I am studying embedded software engineering and have been working with C/C++ for almost 4 years.

Cool.

Do whatever you want but I tell you, with this attitude of not willing to accept any comments you are not going to make it.

For the record, I accepted Joopie's comment and fixed it, but clearly you ignored that.

Quite ironic considering you never take in my comments.

C++ is not a language that should be learned through trial and error, which is what you are doing (Dont try to prove me wrong, these mistakes you made is not something what would happen to someone that started C++ and properly did their research and learning)

I was willing to help you out for the good but you seem a bit stubborn.

C++ IS a language where you learn through trial and error

>Dont try to prove me wrong, these mistakes you made is not something what would happen to someone that started C++

Good thing I didn't start programming C++ as my first language then...

Reaction score

Lol dude. Whatever. We will see when you give up because you get random segfaults and complain it is too complicated.

Am not gonna bother trying to tell you you are doing it wrong. Ask joopie, I am not telling any shenanigans here. We study at the same place. I wanted to help you but your stubborness is just part of your ad attitude. Unable to take in critisism.

Edit:

For the people that asked me on skype what is wrong with pointers:

Nothing!
There is nothing wrong with using pointers. alex is just using them wrongly. What is dangerous about is is that you have to clean them up by freeing the memory manually. There is no garbage collection in C++. When calling new you reserve memory and the pointer points to thay piece of memory. You can easily pass this pointer around between functions if you wish. The problem in Alex his piece of code id about who cleans up that string that was newly created? Who takes the responsibility. For example I could read a string, have the packet object go out of scope and pass around the string to other functions. What function will take responsibility and delete that pointer? Who takes ownership? Here the best case wouldve been to just use a std::string object.

Pointers should be avoided in my opinion. (Creating pointers that is. You can always dereference an object to get a pointer to it!)

If there are more things people would like my opinion of feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Lol dude. Whatever. We will see when you give up because you get random segfaults and complain it is too complicated.

Am not gonna bother trying to tell you you are doing it wrong. Ask joopie, I am not telling any shenanigans here. We study at the same place. I wanted to help you but your stubborness is just part of your ad attitude. Unable to take in critisism.

So I'm stubborn when I reject invalid criticism? It's not criticism when your criticism is shenanigans
Joopie's response was fine, because there was an actual error.

Reaction score

So I'm stubborn when I reject invalid criticism? It's not criticism when your criticism is shenanigans
@Joopie's response was fine, because there was an actual error.

Just because I sort of spoonfeeded you what was wrong and The General didn't, doesn't make his criticism shenanigans.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Just because I sort of spoonfeeded you what was wrong and The General didn't, doesn't make his criticism shenanigans.

You didn't spoon feed me anything, do you even know the definition of spoon feeding? You just pointed out the error.

Spoonfeeding would be pointing out the error and giving a fix (like stackoverflow answers).

Reaction score

You didn't spoon feed me anything, do you even know the definition of spoon feeding? You just pointed out the error.

Spoonfeeding would be pointing out the error and giving a fix (like stackoverflow answers).

Maybe my word choise of using spoonfeeding is not the right one.
But then again my point remains. Just because you couldn't directly see your error does not make his criticism invalid and/or shenanigans.

Reaction score

This thread is for discussion, if you do not want any discussion, feedback or critisism you should not be posting here and just stick to yourself.

And joopie only pointed it out after he asked me what I was talking about.

62ff6ea8f8cc21c7fea9324552dccab0 - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

This thread is for discussion, if you do not want any discussion, feedback or critisism you should not be posting here and just stick to yourself.

I never said I didn't want critisim, did i?

what makes you think i'm not accepting any criticism?? i clearly took your advice from before, just half of what you say is only your opinion which i ignore

O9L2ASy - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Working on a Linux port. :):

x2eHZsZ - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score

Raspberry PI :lol:

Arcturus works on raspberry pi too and doesn't even need to be compiled on there!

How long does compilation take on the RPI?
Do you compile using -Wall and -Wextra?
Why not use -Werror ?
Are you using eclipse for the makefiles?
Why use nano on your raspberry pi? IDE too complicated? (You know you can crosscompile....?)

(I'm using Arch linux)

DAWreRM - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Raspberry PI :lol:

Arcturus works on raspberry pi too and doesn't even need to be compiled on there!

How long does compilation take on the RPI?
Do you compile using -Wall and -Wextra?
Why not use -Werror ?
Are you using eclipse for the makefiles?
Why use nano on your raspberry pi? IDE too complicated? (You know you can crosscompile....?)

(I'm using Arch linux)

DAWreRM - [LATEST] Icarus Emulator [Java, Netty, MySQL, Plugins, Camera] - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm only using the Pi to make sure it can compile on *nix systems.

Attachments

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Re: Icarus (Production) - Java Server [MySQL, Netty]

Project has been re-opened. I've gone back to Java, like how the project was originally.

I've formatted the absolute hell out of the source from the original Icarus Java project which I started in 2015. The revision has been upgraded from PRODUCTION version 2015 to 2017, and I've added some features that were missing.

I've also updated the main thread so I suggest people should check it out, I still have a long way to go before this can be considered complete.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Re: Icarus (Production) - Java Server [MySQL, Netty]

No credits to me? :(::(::(:

Just kidding, good to see the development thread up again. Cannot wait to see some cool shizzle even though I hate this version to be honest :p.

I'm so sorry! I feel terrible. :(: I updated the thread in a rush, don't worry I will credit everybody that helps me.

Also thanks, personally I'm not sure how I feel about the newer Habbo versions, but at least there's a lot of features. :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back