Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RevCMS] retro skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Recently I wanted to work on a RevCMS (MySQLi edit/update) skin again and of course with great features!

Why "retro"?
Should have a nice retro feeling. Good old v18 days.

Features
- clean code
- index
- register
- me
- settings
- staffs
- top users (credits, pixels, diamonds, respects)
- news (comments, notebook style)
- client (online counter, news overlay)
- more..

Progress
- html5 & css3 template

Screens
dimaklt - [RevCMS] retro skin - RaGEZONE Forums

Download
Get the current workfiles at .

What else?
Feel free to give me some ideas for style and features!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Approved. I'm not sure if this is an actual development or just a release, so I'm keeping your thread here until I get clarification.

Reaction score
I kinda liek the idea, but it needs some design work before you can release the skin.

For example:
jnhDQee - [RevCMS] retro skin - RaGEZONE Forums

I'd suggest to use the dots on the top of the divisions, and maybe change the title to volter bold, or just bold.

I also don't really like the big padding of the blue box, I guess half the size would look better.

Good luck with this little project ;)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I kinda liek the idea, but it needs some design work before you can release the skin.

For example:
jnhDQee - [RevCMS] retro skin - RaGEZONE Forums

I'd suggest to use the dots on the top of the divisions, and maybe change the title to volter bold, or just bold.

I also don't really like the big padding of the blue box, I guess half the size would look better.

Good luck with this little project ;)

Have a look at this:

Padding will be reduced :) (Don't even know why I took such a big padding o_O)
Forgot the font name, thanks.

EDIT: I just noticed, I need to edit my RevCMS to make it Arcturus compatible first..

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The design it's little weird. Mistures Retro Key Design with non Retro, like the buttons, icons and some modals.
Back then there were no pixels, diamonds and I can't remember if respects were even there? What kind of icons should I use for them?
If you mean the navigation "buttons", I couldn't make better ones that would fit the style.

Got a (little) problem with font-smoothing.. can only use 9px or 18px as font-size, otherwise it would look too messy. What is better?

Reaction score
Back then there were no pixels, diamonds and I can't remember if respects were even there? What kind of icons should I use for them?
If you mean the navigation "buttons", I couldn't make better ones that would fit the style.

Got a (little) problem with font-smoothing.. can only use 9px or 18px as font-size, otherwise it would look too messy. What is better?

It's because somethings of the layout doesn't look retro. Like the Habbo Logo, the online count. The font smooth, the font family... And some colors. Try to recreate something modern but exclusively with old layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back