Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

StellarCMS - based on Grails Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey RZ,

I'm currently developing a CMS for the Arcturus Emulator, basing on the . The Framework is written in Groovy, which is running on the JVM which has an easier "Java Syntax". Thanks to the Grails Plugin system, it has already many functions, without actually writing much code.

It's using for dependency management (because it's way better than Maven)
The Grails Framework is based on the
It's written in
Got his own
And even much more!

Functions so far:

• Login
  • Register
  • Login / Register via Google and Facebook (maybe adding LinkedIn too)
  • Client

Grails got also his powerful which stands for Grails object relational mapping. If you have for example the class "User" with a String "username", the CMS will generate automatically a table in the database, named user with the entity username. So, this is a very powerful Framework, once you learned it.

I'm currently missing a design for the CMS, so that's why I'm a little bit blocked.

Snippets:
Habbo User Class:

AuthTicketService:

Client Controller (only backend):

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looking good! Love the idea! The only thing though is that it looks too overkill for a Habbo CMS (I can be wrong, this is just what I think). Good luck nontheless!

Thank you :)
I don't think that it's too overkill. The WAR data (including all assets from a v26 Retro (just for testing)) contains 86,8 MB so far. It might be a little bit more than a PHP CMS but it's so easy to use. Also, I don't have write a single SQL Query. Some people use this for even a forum, or a static website (like the Grails website itself). I think a Habbo Hotel is a "perfect example Application" for this Framework to use.

Last edited:
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you :)
I don't think that it's too overkill. The WAR data (including all assets from a v26 Retro (just for testing)) contains 86,8 MB so far. It might be a little bit more than a PHP CMS but it's so easy to use. Also, I don't have write a single SQL Query. Some people use this for even a forum, or a static website (like the Grails website itself). I think a Habbo Hotel is a "perfect example Application" for this Framework to use.
A little bit more? Nope, I've seen many Lavvo's CMS with more than 500mb... 88,8 mb just sounds good.

As an example, mine CMS made in php, after installing all vendor files Has something like 60mb. So you're just fine.

I never saw a CMS made in Java for Habbo before. Agreeing with Glaceon, little overkill.

But yeah, now we have NodeJS, php and Java CMS's for Habbo.

I think maybe this will be little hard for beginners, like in NodeJS..

Add some screenshots <3

And good luck!

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks interesting, do you have any repo for this up somewhere? Seems pretty promising though.

As an example, mine CMS made in php, after installing all vendor files Has something like 60mb. So you're just fine.
I never saw a CMS made in Java for Habbo before. Agreeing with @Glaceon, little overkill.
But yeah, now we have NodeJS, php and Java CMS's for Habbo.

php? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back