Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Universal Housekeeping [WORKS FOR ALL CMSs]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There's a lot of CMSs which don't offer a housekeeping, which creates a problem for a lot of hotel owners. I am currently in development of a housekeeping which would work for ALL CMSs. The basic principle is if you're missing a MYSQL table, it finds a table with similar columns to the one you don't have, and asks if you'd like to select that one. If you do select that one, and the rows are different, you can change the name of the specified column to fit your column's name, all by entering text in a textbox and pressing enter.

Currently i'm working on the installer

Install Screenshots:
JakeyDaddyo - Universal Housekeeping [WORKS FOR ALL CMSs] - RaGEZONE Forums

It's far from being done, and most of the install is going to get re-styled later

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Sounds cool but from a user's point of view i'd rather

download your housekeeping -> start the installation process -> select what emulator i'm using

instead of looking through my tables trying to get column names correct.

All cms's use the emulators db anyways so there would only be a couple of different structures your system would have to support. Comet, Plus, Arcturus and maybe Phoenix. that should cover like 95% of your target audience. Then you could have the choose column name part as an alternative or even after that step.

Reaction score
Sounds cool but from a user's point of view i'd rather

download your housekeeping -> start the installation process -> select what emulator i'm using

instead of looking through my tables trying to get column names correct.

All cms's use the emulators db anyways so there would only be a couple of different structures your system would have to support. Comet, Plus, Arcturus and maybe Phoenix. that should cover like 95% of your target audience. Then you could have the choose column name part as an alternative or even after that step.
Up until news articles, custom features or more advanced CMS's. Heroic, HabboAPI, (maybe?) Chocolatey all have additional custom tables to manage those things.

Also it isn't exactly universal when it would not work for Node based CMS's without requiring users to go through huge steps to add a LAMP stack onto their stuff. Great idea for Rev and Brain though, although both have hk's you can use

Back