Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [V9] [R35] Aurora Emulator [C#] [NHibernate] [DotNetty] [Log4net]

Sorry for the lack of updates. I simply have had a hard time with school, and after that I needed some rest. Now, other personal things are on my mind (things, much much much more important than Habbo stuff). I would love to explain it, but nobody cares anyways (you can send me a PM, if you want to know, no promises I'll explain it though).
spreedblood was working on pathfinder and I'll most likely get back pretty soon. I had an annoying bug last time I worked on Aurora, which prevented me from working nicely (I could build the emulator once, then it'd give me errors saying "could not copy obj/....exe to bin/.....exe").

Just so you know, the emulator development isn't stopped, I just wasn't up for it. I still am not, but I should continue someday. So it doesn't hurt to start.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Achievements, I hope Aurora Plus Like You See ...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Sorry for the lack of updates, we've both been busy with irl and I decided to pick up on where we left. I've started rewriting the source and from now on we don't use the 'GetInstance()' that created an instance of the class and followed the singleton pattern but instead (credits to @Joopie) I started reading up on Dependency Injection. I'm now using a IoC container (DI Container) called Autofac. I associate every controller with an interface and then setup the controllers.
PHP:
ContainerBuilder builder = new ContainerBuilder();
builder.RegisterType<MainController>();
builder.RegisterType<ControllerLocator>().As<IControllerLocator>();
builder.RegisterType<CatalogController>().As<ICatalogController>();
builder.RegisterType<ClientController>().As<IClientController>();
builder.RegisterType<ItemController>().As<IItemController>();
builder.RegisterType<MessengerController>().As<IMessengerController>();

builder.RegisterType<NavigatorController>().As<INavigatorController>();
builder.RegisterType<PlayerController>().As<IPlayerController>();
builder.RegisterType<RoomController>().As<IRoomController>();
builder.RegisterType<TaskController>().As<ITaskController>();
builder.RegisterType<WordfilterController>().As<IWordfilterController>();
Container = builder.Build();
Controller = Container.Resolve<MainController>();
Controller.SetupControllers();
I've then created a controller locator that I pass as a parameter to the main controller which then locates for me all the controllers.
Screenshot: .
I'm fairly new to Dependency Injection and I'll continue reading up on this.

I've also made a Task controller that can execute periodic tasks for me, it's currently being used in the cycling of the rooms. You can currently walk around but there's something wrong in the a* algorithm where it won't find the path to the last point. Once I've done that I'll include some screenshots. :) (Thanks to @Joopie for pointing out Dependency Injection).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I want to clarify something, I will wait until spreedblood is done with the updated source. Also, then I don't know how long it'll be. I just started my work so I have to get used to long days again. I might start on a CMS on Symfony in the weekends, if I feel like.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

One project at a time or it'll end up like every other project you've done. Get the emulator to a stable state before even considering working on a CMS.
Good thing we're 2 people on this project of his :wink:

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Is this in .net core so we can finally have something running on linux written in C#? (its 2017 guys...)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Is this in .net core so we can finally have something running on linux written in C#? (its 2017 guys...)

Concidered it, might do it. If spreedblood can get all the stuff working on .NET Core. I fully agree with you though.

One project at a time or it'll end up like every other project you've done. Get the emulator to a stable state before even considering working on a CMS.

A simple CMS with login, register and a client (MAYBE, just maybe, simple news), isn't a big project. Besides, with Symfony those things are done easily. And spreedblood is working a lot on the emulator, and I'm settling in with work (started last week, it's tough getting back to 8 hours of work after doing nothing for 2 months). Anyways, once spreedblood is done rewriting the source and doing DI, I'll continue on the emulator as well. But once the emulator is in a stable state there has to be a simple CMS for it for a BETA test, so why not write one while I'm waiting for the emulator rewrite. I might think in a weird, maybe stupid way, but I feel like this is a decent plan. Of course I understand you, I do, but I don't agree.

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Concidered it, might do it. If @spreedblood can get all the stuff working on .NET Core. I fully agree with you though.

Last time I checked, NHibernate does not support .net core yet. Considering their low activity, I actually doubt they ever will. Its an old and slow ORM. If you consider switching, Entity Framework Core is a much better option. I do however see that Log4net already supports .net core (please remind me why we need a dependency for printing to the console?).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Last time I checked, NHibernate does not support .net core yet. Considering their low activity, I actually doubt they ever will. Its an old and slow ORM. If you consider switching, Entity Framework Core is a much better option. I do however see that Log4net already supports .net core (please remind me why we need a dependency for printing to the console?).

Tapatalk notification woke me up :wink: For log4net you got a point. And as for .net core the emulator is up and running on .net core. I havn't contributed to git yet though I will soon after I've done a few modifications. The emulator is being developed on Ubuntu right now! DotNetty and Autofac are both our primary libraries that are being used and they are both being supported on .net core so I guess we're alittle lucky? :wink: I'm really happy you pointed out using .net core and I'm in love.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Don't ask me; I was suggested to use Log4net, and about the whole NHibernate, we're not using it anymore. It might change in the future though, not 100% sure. We've both been busy with other stuff, I with work and spreedblood with school and stuff. Part of the source was working on .NET Core as far as I know.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Don't ask me; I was suggested to use Log4net, and about the whole NHibernate, we're not using it anymore. It might change in the future though, not 100% sure. We've both been busy with other stuff, I with work and spreedblood with school and stuff. Part of the source was working on .NET Core as far as I know.

Nice to know, another your project dead again.

I don't know why.. still open projects when you haven't time to finish them.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Just because we're busy doesn't mean project is dead. It will definetely not die untill it is completed 100%. None of us are interested in quitting right now, though we're just slowing pace. It's not being worked on as quick as earlier though it is being worked on.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I have time to finish it. It's not like there's a stupid customer who paid millions of dollars for this saying I have to finish it in one month. If I take another year, I take another year. I don't have a deadline, nor there will ever be one simply due to the fact life can throw things at you at random times.

No, it's not dead. I still have to wait until the GIT repository is updated, which spreedblood does when everything's working with .NET Core. Until then, I'm not going to continue (not knowing other modifications he'll make).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

It finally happened: an update.

hyorUZ - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

Before for some reason multiple users didn't work really well, now it should work good (it surely has to be tested some more). Part of item placing has been done by spreedblood, yet it's not good enough to show off (no negativity intended, it's not fully finished).

I will finish up some small features, like dancing, waving etc. Also, we've updated to R38 spreedblood wanted it, because of clothes, which seems fair, also R38 is still good enough for me).

--

Oops, I just noticed the bug. Will be sorted out.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Wow,... God bless this update !

Have you a Github for follow your work ? :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Wow,... God bless this update !

Have you a Github for follow your work ? :)

Unfortunately, during early development, the source is only available to team members and developers. When most of the basic stuff is done, and it's ready for a basic hotel, the Github will be public. For now, it remains private.

Thanks for your comment :).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Rotating placing + picking up furni is done now. Just noticed an issue with the pathfinder algorithm that I will look more into later on. For now I'll be working on furni interactions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Finally it looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back