Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Re: [V9] [R35] Aurora Emulator [C#] [NHibernate] [DotNetty] [Log4net]

Kinda funny how the rotation isn't in sync :D: but good updates nonetheless. You finally got past room entering!

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Was The General tired of saying that and just asked you to say that?

It was a long running joke between me and Leon about your projects. I didn't know The General made that joke too, I'd say it's just a coincidence.

Thanks nonetheless. Yeah, it's weird. Maybe it was some random single-time bug, I'm not entirely sure.

If I didn't know any better I'd say the other client isn't receiving the @b packet for the other user, as that packet dictates the rotation.

Reaction score

It was a long running joke between me and Leon about your projects. I didn't know The General made that joke too, I'd say it's just a coincidence.

If I didn't know any better I'd say the other client isn't receiving the @b packet for the other user, as that packet dictates the rotation.

The whole room process will be tested better later. It's tested decently and decently works. There's still a long way to go, but we're getting somewhere.

Yeah, The General made that joke before, that's why I thought you had it from him. Seems like The General is the copycat then, huh? All jokes aside. I love a good laugh.

Reaction score

Of course showing off a million pictures is cool, but I think to show off something working a video is the best way.

(Oh yeah, all the Aurora videos are going to be 720p (I think I can get it to 1080p but it's some OBS setting) and 60FPS for more smoothness :)

Reaction score

Our goal is to have a BETA test hotel open around Halloween. Of course, we're doing good so far, aside from a few, *cough* minor *cough* bugs.

Started working on public rooms myself:

00CeQJ0 - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

Of course it still needs furniture and isn't perfect... but we're getting somewhere.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score

New updates:

- Public rooms with items.
- Leaving room almost correctly.
- When a room model doesn't exist, you'll get an error and kicked out of the room instead of the emulator giving error

iyPvpH6 - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

r68Aiv - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score

Another update, purchasing deals is fixed. Also you can buy normal furniture with an amount (database column, no amount selector (yet?))

Before:

XkEWqqa - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

After buying:

DAic0d - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

After buying with different amounts in deals:

EH6PiW3 - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Nice!
Maybe you can add the command :amount, like old PhoenixEMU, for buying more items! >:)

Example- :amount 44

and when you click buy an item, you'll buy 44 items of that item! ;)

Reaction score

Nice!
Maybe you can add the command :amount, like old PhoenixEMU, for buying more items! >:)

Example- :amount 44

and when you click buy an item, you'll buy 44 items of that item! ;)

We'll see what we'll do. We might do that. We might do more than that. After all, SWF editing is possible.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Noticed my friend @Glaceon was having alittle fun on the thread so thought why not join? I've started working on the item interactions and alot furniture related.
Emily - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

Emily - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

While doing this I've been tidying up some code as some stuff was redundant. Anyways this development is on-going and we're both highly motivated and are looking forward into finishing this!

Reaction score

Hi Josh!

Nice progress and good you're currently focusing on the most important things like behavior of items (dices, wireds, moodlights, footballs)

Not really a fan of the extra commands like :amount, a lot of things to consider. You need to first make sure buying one single item is running smoothly without getting stuck but you could give people the option to enable or disable these "custom" commands.

Goodluck with this great project!

Reaction score

Hi Josh!

Nice progress and good you're currently focusing on the most important things like behavior of items (dices, wireds, moodlights, footballs)

Not really a fan of the extra commands like :amount, a lot of things to consider. You need to first make sure buying one single item is running smoothly without getting stuck but you could give people the option to enable or disable these "custom" commands.

Goodluck with this great project!

Footballs aren't in R38. I'm not sure if making them would work to be fair. Wired isn't in R38 either. They'd need some SWF editing.

Buying one single item works fine for now, I haven't come across bugs yet. As for custom commands, why disable them? You don't HAVE to use them if you don't want to.

Thanks anyways.

Reaction score

I started doing some research on other stuff. This won't mean I'll abandon Aurora or stop working on it, but it's an idea for if Aurora gets finished. Of course, the R38 is already pretty far. We're thinking about putting up a BETA around Halloween. Anyways, Aurora will be the biggest priority.

If I ever don't want to do R38, I'll be working on a v9 version of Aurora. Keep in mind though: this version is complete stand-alone. It uses a different server, different client, different database. Even a different programming language.

I'll be using Dart. The database is going to be a PostgreSQL database (simply, Dart has no MySQL libraries working with latest Dart versions). I made a small concept project to see how things work and so far I've been able to get stuff from database, connect to the server, send messages and receive messages, even logging in.

Here's how it looks:

Y463BZO - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

Of course, I'm not 100% sure how the code is. It's a bit tricky as most Database-related stuff at least is asynchronous. I have a few snippets here:

PHP:
Future tryLogin(String username, String password) async {
    Habbo habbo = await Engine.HabboHotel.Habbos.getHabboByName(username);

if (habbo != null) {
      if (habbo.Password == password) {
        _habbo = habbo;

queueMessage(new AuthenticationOkComposer());
        queueMessage(new SystemBroadcastComposer("Welcome to HabboDart"));
        flush();
        return;
      }
    }

sendMessage(new ErrorComposer("login incorrect: Wrong username/password"));
  }

PHP:
Future<Habbo> getHabboByName(String username) async {
    if (_habbosByName.containsKey(username)) {
      return await _habbosByName[username];
    }

DatabaseConnection connection = await Engine.Database.getConnection();
    connection.setQuery("SELECT * FROM habbos WHERE username = [USER=411303]username[/USER] LIMIT 1");
    connection.addParameter("username", username);

Row row = await connection.getResult();

if (row != null) {
      Habbo habbo = new Habbo(row.toMap());
      _habbosById.putIfAbsent(habbo.Id, () => habbo);
      _habbosByName.putIfAbsent(username, () => habbo);
      connection.dispose();
      return habbo;
    }

return null;
  }

This gives you an idea how the Dart programming language looks like. I find it enjoyable in some way and the syntax is very much like C, though, keep in mind, things like properties are really different. Also, the Dart programming language doesn't have some classes like byte, char, short, long etc.

I'll be seeing how far I can get this without raging and crying. The code isn't the best; I agree. But, it's something new and innovating.

Besides that, a CMS will be written using Symfony which I'll try to get working for both versions of Aurora, but first only for the R38 as that's the main priority now.

For the v9, I'll be trying to make all the core game stuff, camera, public rooms, bots, etc. If somebody could help me with battleball I'd really appreciate it (ehh... v9 had battleball... right?).

If anybody is interested in the v9 source ask away, the part which I have right now I can give. If somebody is interested in certain things, ask away. Same goes for the R38, but I won't be giving the source away (I can show some snippets of things you want to see, though I can't promise to show everything).

Attachments

Reaction score

We'll see what we'll do. We might do that. We might do more than that. After all, SWF editing is possible.

Then should just do a newer revision like 2012 that has amount selector if you want to modify the SWF?

Footballs aren't in R38. I'm not sure if making them would work to be fair. Wired isn't in R38 either. They'd need some SWF editing.

Buying one single item works fine for now, I haven't come across bugs yet. As for custom commands, why disable them? You don't HAVE to use them if you don't want to.

Thanks anyways.

They should work as there is no client code for footballs. They just have multiple spin states and thats all. So you can add them if you wanted to. Dont think the football gates are in it though but not that big of a deal as nobody uses them anyways.

Reaction score

Then should just do a newer revision like 2012 that has amount selector if you want to modify the SWF?

Eh, I don't know if I follow, but I think you're saying I should do a newer revision? That's not why I started the development. No urge on making something for the newer clients.

They should work as there is no client code for footballs. They just have multiple spin states and thats all. So you can add them if you wanted to. Dont think the football gates are in it though but not that big of a deal as nobody uses them anyways.

Alright, I'll see what I/we can do :). Thanks for pointing it out.

Reaction score

Eh, I don't know if I follow, but I think you're saying I should do a newer revision? That's not why I started the development. No urge on making something for the newer clients.

Alright, I'll see what I/we can do :). Thanks for pointing it out.

I mean; why would you modify the SWF to add features that were implemented in a later revision? Like; there is a reason you picked this revision so it would defy the purpose.

Reaction score

I mean; why would you modify the SWF to add features that were implemented in a later revision? Like; there is a reason you picked this revision so it would defy the purpose.

But but didn't you implement snowstorm in your SWF as well? Cause I thought snowstorm was removed from the newer SWF too. Anyways, besides that, it's one small feature. So I should change the GUI, go to a newer version for one small feature which can easily be implemented? Makes no sense Wesley, I'm sorry to say.

Reaction score

But but didn't you implement snowstorm in your SWF as well? Cause I thought snowstorm was removed from the newer SWF too. Anyways, besides that, it's one small feature. So I should change the GUI, go to a newer version for one small feature which can easily be implemented? Makes no sense Wesley, I'm sorry to say.

Because I am not going to downgrade my emulator in order to have snowstorm while having to remove so many features.

My point is; you target this revision specifically because of its features, look and feel. If you would want to have the more modern features, its not what this revision is about? Unless I don't get the point of your project other than actually making an emulator that works past room loading? Because then I'm confused as to why you pick this revision...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back