Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [V9] [R35] Aurora Emulator [C#] [NHibernate] [DotNetty] [Log4net]

Because I am not going to downgrade my emulator in order to have snowstorm while having to remove so many features.

My point is; you target this revision specifically because of its features, look and feel. If you would want to have the more modern features, its not what this revision is about? Unless I don't get the point of your project other than actually making an emulator that works past room loading? Because then I'm confused as to why you pick this revision...
He likes this revision cause of the stuff you pointed out. Though everything has pros and cons. Even this. There's stuff we'd like and we want to do. It doesn't change the fact we like this revision and will stay on it. We just want to extend its functionality, ofcourse after we're getting close to finished.

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

Reaction score

It would be nice if the goal is to implement fully working features in comparison with Uber where the most stuff wasn’t fully implemented (like training pets). That’s also Wesley’s goal I assume. But I like the older revisions because of their simplicity. People were a little bit forced to socialize with each other in a different way than nowadays. It wasn’t only about getting rich with LTD items, spending hours to build large rooms etc. (now there’s a amount buy button with a reason). In the old revisions there isn’t a overwhelming bunch of features, more simple.

Reaction score

Because I am not going to downgrade my emulator in order to have snowstorm while having to remove so many features.

My point is; you target this revision specifically because of its features, look and feel. If you would want to have the more modern features, its not what this revision is about? Unless I don't get the point of your project other than actually making an emulator that works past room loading? Because then I'm confused as to why you pick this revision...

At least I don't do it for the fame. I don't get why you're making such a HUGE deal out of me making my choices. I know my development isn't nearly as good as Arcturus, also I know that I'm nowhere near as good as you are in developing. I don't care though; I make something I want to make, and I don't care about how many people use it or not.

I choose R38 - just to explain so you understand - because I like the look and feel, though it doesn't mean that there aren't some minuses on it. I can either let the minuses be minuses or make the minuses pluses. What would be better? And I still don't get why you're making a big deal of me adding 0.00001% of newer versions into R38.

You probably have your opinion, and well I respect that, but it doesn't mean I agree even 1% on it. It makes no sense in my opinion. Funny you're putting so much effort in trying to make a point on a choice I make in MY development. You just made my day Wesley. Thanks.

Reaction score

At least I don't do it for the fame. I don't get why you're making such a HUGE deal out of me making my choices. I know my development isn't nearly as good as Arcturus, also I know that I'm nowhere near as good as you are in developing. I don't care though; I make something I want to make, and I don't care about how many people use it or not.

I choose R38 - just to explain so you understand - because I like the look and feel, though it doesn't mean that there aren't some minuses on it. I can either let the minuses be minuses or make the minuses pluses. What would be better? And I still don't get why you're making a big deal of me adding 0.00001% of newer versions into R38.

You probably have your opinion, and well I respect that, but it doesn't mean I agree even 1% on it. It makes no sense in my opinion. Funny you're putting so much effort in trying to make a point on a choice I make in MY development. You just made my day Wesley. Thanks.

Apparently you take everything to personally. All I was curious about was your train of thoughts; reason why this appeals to you and was wondering why you would just change the look and feel of such a nostalgic version of Habbo. If you want to modify the client to incorporate modern features then thats great but I feel as people like this version because of its simplicity that modification wouldn't do this classic version justice. And hey you can always make a modified version while still keep it compatible with the original revision. No harm done right?

Arcturus is a project I started out of curiosity, learning more about the way Habbo works and getting experience building private servers and everything that comes with it. My apologies if you think that I do this for fame. I don't. Like you, I do this for fun and a way to contribute back. I dont get why you're making such a HUGE deal about 'fame', to sorta quote you. As I've explained numerous times before; I don't care what emulator people use. Arcturus, Plus or soon Aurora?

Don't take everything in life personally, or its gonna be really hard.

Reaction score

Apparently you take everything to personally. All I was curious about was your train of thoughts; reason why this appeals to you and was wondering why you would just change the look and feel of such a nostalgic version of Habbo. If you want to modify the client to incorporate modern features then thats great but I feel as people like this version because of its simplicity that modification wouldn't do this classic version justice. And hey you can always make a modified version while still keep it compatible with the original revision. No harm done right?

Arcturus is a project I started out of curiosity, learning more about the way Habbo works and getting experience building private servers and everything that comes with it. My apologies if you think that I do this for fame. I don't. Like you, I do this for fun and a way to contribute back. I dont get why you're making such a HUGE deal about 'fame', to sorta quote you. As I've explained numerous times before; I don't care what emulator people use. Arcturus, Plus or soon Aurora?

Don't take everything in life personally, or its gonna be really hard.

Well, I explained it now. I just don't think it makes sense to completely change GUI, functionality and everything for one feature which is kind of important (unless you want to manually click buy 60 times if you want a furni 60 times, which if you like it is fine by me).

Now I'm not gonna respond to anything about switching to newer revs. It's gonna be R38 with 0.0001% edited.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [V9] [R38] Aurora Emulator [C#] [DotNetty] [Log4net]

Hi there!

I was wondering if there's any progress with this great development. If so, could we get some updates? Thanks!
Oh I'm really sorry, I forgot posting last time which I promised :( Just looked through the git, Glaceon and I have been focusing on fixing bugs that we've encountered untill now, and I've been working on refactoring quite some as C# offers alot! Our main priorities have been fixing up bugs lately. I recently started on stacking items, will include screenshots and snippets as soon as it looks good! The ETA for BETA still remains the same, Halloween! We'll get up with a hotel where everything can be tested and played, finding bugs aswell! Glad you enjoy the development.

Reaction score

Being almost 100% working - besides a few "minor" things:

l3Qh2Z6 - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

The minor things:

1. Gift is always the same color
2. No message when the target user doesn't exist, but no crash though
3. No message you've sent somebody a gift / you've receive a gift

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score

Hi Josh!

Nice to hear you're focusing on the interactions of furniture. Do you add all furniture separately or are you using some predefined definitions from another emulator's database regarding behavior of furniture? I don't think it's a waste of time to add them individually to your catalog because in the most emulators the data wasn't 100% correct so the furniture wouldn't behave like expected sometimes.

Maybe you could create some script to read out furnidata from the txt file and some default values for rows which aren't in furnidata but necessary server side so you couldn't easily write a whole furnidata file to your database table.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi Josh!

Nice to hear you're focusing on the interactions of furniture. Do you add all furniture separately or are you using some predefined definitions from another emulator regarding behavior of furniture? I don't think it's a waste of time to add them individually to your catalog because in the most emulators the data wasn't 100% correct so the furniture wouldn't behave like expected sometimes.

Maybe you could create some script to read out furnidata from the txt file and some default values for rows which aren't in furnidata but necessary server side.
It's very simple todo, that's not hard, only problem is the fact that height and interactions aren't stored anywhere. You'd have todo it all individually, I recently made an application with Quackster that parsed the furnidata but then we noticed interactions and height had to individually be applied.

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

Reaction score

Hi Josh!

Nice to hear you're focusing on the interactions of furniture. Do you add all furniture separately or are you using some predefined definitions from another emulator's database regarding behavior of furniture? I don't think it's a waste of time to add them individually to your catalog because in the most emulators the data wasn't 100% correct so the furniture wouldn't behave like expected sometimes.

Maybe you could create some script to read out furnidata from the txt file and some default values for rows which aren't in furnidata but necessary server side so you couldn't easily write a whole furnidata file to your database table.

I was one step ahead of you, it isn't 100% correct and needs some slight adjustments but it kind of works.

xI30JnK - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Today I had alittle time to bust off my hands so I documented some code and got stacking partly done (some minor things that'll need to be sorted)
Emily - [C#, PHP, R38] Project Aurora - RaGEZONE Forums

Sorry for the lack of updates from my end these last days, I've had lots going on with school! Whenever I have some spare time I work on this. I wish you all a great weekend.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Nice progress guys!
Do you'll add groups?
MUS commands?

Mus'll be so helpful, if someone wants to change favorite group in CMS and automatically update it in the client too. :)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I'll add groups eventually, "MUS" (AKA. RCON) will be done later of course.

I thought I'd just share that groups weren't added until 2 years after the release of R38 :eek:tt1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back