Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

xHabbo - Advanced Administration Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Updates

Hey, spent a good hour updating with some design tweaks, fixes, and additions..
ZpjTG3 - xHabbo - Advanced Administration Panel - RaGEZONE Forums

9FozkOb - xHabbo - Advanced Administration Panel - RaGEZONE Forums

RP3sdWh - xHabbo - Advanced Administration Panel - RaGEZONE Forums
xj8QBi6 - xHabbo - Advanced Administration Panel - RaGEZONE Forums
BcZYC3b - xHabbo - Advanced Administration Panel - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey,

Small updates, not much time to work on it.

-Added ability to hide actions from your history, can only be fully deleted by a senior administrator (for reasons of course )
-Recoding my middleware to use async series for clean code, and recoding my permission middleware once more. Had a nasty bug

Reaction score
Hey,

Updates
-Recoded my middleware to be faster, more efficient, and actually perform it's duty of checking permissions per request
-Added overwatch security (Action logging, Admin User Viewing (Actions, Sessions, Etc), Account suspending (Unless god mode is enabled)
-Added website management for iHabbo CMS functions
-Code Cleanup
-News Management

Plans
-I'd like to code mus support into the panel, unsure of what Plus supports, however.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice updates!
Sad that no one care of answering here.

But the progress appears to be nice! And many helpful images.
How your Middleware works?

-Added overwatch security (Steam URI to Overwatch for free? (just kidding))

Keep this nice work!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I may offer a feature suggestion?

Set it up so it hooks into external variables via the client, so you can click the mod tool buttons etc, and it opens the HK with a staff login cookie, allowing the staff to instantly have access to the HK from within the client.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If I may offer a feature suggestion?

Set it up so it hooks into external variables via the client, so you can click the mod tool buttons etc, and it opens the HK with a staff login cookie, allowing the staff to instantly have access to the HK from within the client.

Nobody ever finally did this LOL except we did it once in some emulator, but yeah, pretty sure you'd have to update those settings on the client itself, not the HK. Though if he made the HK compatible for it, that would help too. :)

Reaction score
Hey,

I been forgetting to update this

Updates
-Creating HK users
-Editing HK users
-Password Resetting HK users
-Suspending HK users
-Deleting HK users

-Creating Permission Groups (With permission tokens)
-Deleting Permission Groups

-Started on user management / action viewing frontend

Sadly, I feel like emulators don't have much to do so for emulator features it's at
-Catalog Management
-Hotel User Management
-Ban Management

Reaction score
In an effort to make this really Ducking cool I added

-Account Settings (Profile Pic, Password, Etc)
-Emulator Management (Server Settings, Youtube Videos, Navcats, Moderation Tickets, Hotel Landing Screen, Word Filters)
-Emulator Management x2 (Rank Management, Permission Editor, Etc)
-Catalog (Bulk Management in progress)
-Staff Management (Command Log, Etc)

Also
-Adding user edit log (Will show changes made like "username changed from Chris to witch"

Uhm, I may support bots and chatlog searching

(Basically, if it's in the Ducking database eventually I'll add a way to manage it LOL. Hardest part is keeping a cool design)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Nice progress here!

Maybe you could add some responsive padding to the status square block thingys on the dashboard to avoid having that big gap in the middle.

Reaction score
Nice progress here!

Maybe you could add some responsive padding to the status square block thingys on the dashboard to avoid having that big gap in the middle.
Perhaps, was looking to redo my dashboard area and move hotel statistics to hotel overview which would be more in-depth

Updates
Most of this panel is finished
I need to code the website and an installer

However,
I fear that this will be too advanced for most people to setup, and therefore the release would be worthless. I'm doing my best to make this a fully feature packed release but the initial setup will be the hardest for most users. Please look into installing Node, Redis, and understanding basic instructions

THIS WILL NOT BE A SIMPLE THING
While the whole ideal of this panel is to simplify administration for all, developing upon this and changing it will not be easy and could break this release for anyone not capable of coding Node at an experience level above average. I was not looking to replicate the ease of Rev, or any other half-written minimal framework in this scene viewed as a CMS (without supporting basic CRUD??)

Release scheduled for 2 weeks if time goes right.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I saw you said Redis, sou are you planning to make your software replicable and with cache management/CDN able?
Redis it's a good caching system, but is heavy and require a lot of memory and hardware resources... But it's good you considering it.
You're running it locally (the software) in the video, yeah? But i saw that the loading of the pages already have a big delay, or it's only a problem with the screen recording tool?

I mean, in a local scenario i though the page loading must to be something like immediately... But whatever.. I don't know how it's this coded..

Again, wishing good luck! Seems to be a great software.
Node isn't hard to be installed in Windows or/and Linux. But isn't noob friendly.
The installation of this HK will be likely
Code:
node Run.js
And in the first time running something like a console installer? or a web installer?

Also i remember that you said that the software does requests to itself.. (true??) if yes it's consuming it's our data, good thing.. But if yes, how the communication is happening? REST + jSON? XML?

I think the API structure is something important, will really like if you Document it in tools like Swagger. Will be awesome, also the ability of we create third-party Addons/Plugins with only needing using the REST api. Something like SAML or Oauth will also be awesome.

Sorry about my bad english, but i think this project is awesome and something that this community really needs.

Good luck again.

Reaction score
Redis is used to store sessions, as the default session handler for Express is not suitable for production usage, as per official documentation.

The speed of the panel looks greatly slowed down due to the screen recorder slowing down my overall computer when running, (I have a 1.3ghz Celeron, go figure)

The usage of a REST API would be nonexistant for the most part, unless it's requested to provide data for fansites or something more in the future, however, daily activity is handled as per request, and not through an API. This is a design choice to keep my focused on what's important, the features ;p

I'm looking into ways to pair this as an executable, or maybe try to create an interactive web installer to ease the stress on newbies to the Node scene.

Regarding Arcturus
I believe that the emulator has not been used enough or regarded as a high-usage emulator in the community, for support to be a priority, therefore it is not yet implemented nor planned to be at the current time

Reaction score
Well that's overkill
If you were an actual developer of other languages, you'd understand it's common practice.

This allows sessions to persist across website updates, and provides a much more stable way of handling sessions (You must of ignored where I put in a reference to Express documentation)

I could easily change it to go back to using express-session or cookie-session (which could be better for persisting across restarts), but will be decided later

G8YPMQo - xHabbo - Advanced Administration Panel - RaGEZONE Forums

If the configuration file is missing (by default will be), this page will be pulled up and allow an install process to begin.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you were an actual developer of other languages, you'd understand it's common practice.

Knowing other languages is irrelevant to this topic. Using Redis to only store sessions (for a god damn Housekeeping), which no more than 20 people will access, is a complete waste and overkill. Redis is mostly used on large-scale websites. This is a housekeeping, it's complete overkill. If you're insisting on using Redis, which makes the setup of this Housekeeping even more complex, at least store more than just sessions in there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Knowing other languages is irrelevant to this topic. Using Redis to only store sessions (for a god damn Housekeeping), which no more than 20 people will access is complete, is a complete waste and overkill. Redis is mostly used on large-scale websites. This is a housekeeping, it's complete overkill. If you're insisting on using Redis, which makes the setup of this Housekeeping even more complex, at least store more than just sessions in there.

If you could actually be literate, and read properly you bloody Englishman, you would know this is a housekeeping (and a full-scale CMS)

Reaction score
I desperately need people to provide some good ideas on what else to implement, keeping in mind these do not have to be general administrative features but possibly things to help around with managing the hotel. (Staff forums? etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back