Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Zeus [based on Phoenix 4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run, but I'll find you.
Reaction score
Re: Zeus [Phoenix 4.0]

And for being able to use this emulator you have to subscribe to the 'Zeus Club' and pay a monthly fee of another $100.

You also forgot the retro commission where you must pay $20 every week to Sulake for running a retro :)

All the best Shorty. I can see this going far!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

wowoowowowo awesome! So many thanks! :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I was always a fan of Phoenix, Good luck on this!

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Can you like post snipped/screenshots of something that is actually relevant from the server? Otherwise, the first post makes it more like an announcement of what will be in Zeus and more like something anyone could post. What would be interesting would be to know about architectural design patterns being used, code snippets, what makes the new version of Phoenix *cough* Zeus so revolutionary compared to older versions of Phoenix, which issues you've had and so forth.
Otherwise, I would have hoped that this community has learned that closed source Habbo emulators is something you cannot trust. After reading previous posts in this thread: No, you don't trust anyone in the Habbo community. No matter who it is. There is a reason why I go through every PHP file for exploits/SQL vulnerabilities when I'm gonna use a CMS. You don't trust anything unless you can completely understand everything that goes on in the source-code of whatever you have running.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Wait....... Woah..... Phoenix is coming back?...! A lot of people hated it and lets see what people think now. Glad to see that you are still carrying on what once used to be a legend. Would be nice to at least get a peak at the old phoenix source. (See how boooooootiful it is!) Will there be any license system being involved in this?

Good luck with the development. Will the be the only emulator released that had a development this year? Can't wait to see whats in store.

I'm pretty positive what people hated about it, was the fact it was 1 paid and 2 had a ridiculous license connection (Which would suck because if the main forum went down, so did every hotel using the emulator = 60% downtime).

Good luck, but i still think closed source is in the past.

Reaction score

Can you like post snipped/screenshots of something that is actually relevant from the server? Otherwise, the first post makes it more like an announcement of what will be in Zeus and more like something anyone could post. What would be interesting would be to know about architectural design patterns being used, code snippets, what makes the new version of Phoenix *cough* Zeus so revolutionary compared to older versions of Phoenix, which issues you've had and so forth.
Otherwise, I would have hoped that this community has learned that closed source Habbo emulators is something you cannot trust. After reading previous posts in this thread: No, you don't trust anyone in the Habbo community. No matter who it is. There is a reason why I go through every PHP file for exploits/SQL vulnerabilities when I'm gonna use a CMS. You don't trust anything unless you can completely understand everything that goes on in the source-code of whatever you have running.

I think you're just paranoid.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I think you're just paranoid, check the snippet below, exploit free.

Snippet:
Code:
if (WelcomeMessage.Length != 0)
                    SendNotifWithScroll("Hey " + GetHabbo().Username + "!" + "\n\n" + WelcomeMessage + "\n\n ");

Sir, I've just seen the BEST snippet in history. And why GetHabbo()? Why not just use properties. Also: I doubt you made that, and if WelcomeMessage is a parameter, it's much nicer to make it like welcomeMessage or welcomemessage or welcome_message rather than starting with a capital.

Reaction score

Sir, I've just seen the BEST snippet in history. And why GetHabbo()? Why not just use properties. Also: I doubt you made that, and if WelcomeMessage is a parameter, it's much nicer to make it like welcomeMessage or welcomemessage or welcome_message rather than starting with a capital.
And this is an example as to why people don't post serious snippets anymore.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

And this is an example as to why people don't post serious snippets anymore.

Well, to be honest in my opinion there should be a rule that you have to post snippets, thought there was a rule in the past (could be wrong).
And why is my comment an example why people don't post serious snippets anymore? I'm pretty sure you weren't serious at all... so that doesn't count, right? :)

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I think you're just paranoid, check the snippet below, exploit free.

Snippet:
Code:
if (WelcomeMessage.Length != 0)
                    SendNotifWithScroll("Hey " + GetHabbo().Username + "!" + "\n\n" + WelcomeMessage + "\n\n ");

You should use , but having a flag in your main environment would be the best approach :) And if you wanna go away from the bad architecture that came with later edits of Uber, make your own class for sending notifications where you specify if it should have a scrollbar among with other properties through an enum flag. It would also be a better approach to not have the static "Hey {username}!" as other users of the emulator may want to display other variants of that message. is also a method you should look into. By using that, you would give the server user more control in terms of what actually is the welcome message.
And yes, I could go on all day.

And I'm not being paranoid. The amount of mistakes and backdoors that's in the servers and CMSs around in this community is high. I would call you naive if you thought that every emulator there is available is safe.

I also agree on Tha when it comes to the code snippets. This is a development section. A development section is meant for the discussion of the development of a server, not just announcing a new server and which features it will have. But that is just my opinion.

Reaction score

You should use , but having a flag in your main environment would be the best approach :) And if you wanna go away from the bad architecture that came with later edits of Uber, make your own class for sending notifications where you specify if it should have a scrollbar among with other properties through an enum flag. It would also be a better approach to not have the static "Hey {username}!" as other users of the emulator may want to display other variants of that message. is also a method you should look into. By using that, you would give the server user more control in terms of what actually is the welcome message.

And I'm not being paranoid. The amount of mistakes and backdoors that's in the servers and CMSs around in this community is high. I would call you naive if you thought that every emulator there is available is safe.

I also agree on Tha when it comes to the code snippets. This is a development section. A development section is meant for the discussion of the development of a server, not just announcing a new server and which features it will have. But that is just my opinion.

Cool, thanks for your input.

Code:
                if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(welcomeMessage))
                    SendNotif(welcomeMessage, true);

Reaction score

Finally somebody else that understands that it should be more about the architecture and code quality rather than the big list of features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back