Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to actually run a DCR file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have been trying to get into private servers for Habbo but I am at a loss when it comes to opening the DCR file.
First I tried firefox, didn't work, I installed adobe shockwave, didn't work.

Then I tried opening it in internet explorer, which gave me this error.

YLXopck - How to actually run a DCR file. - RaGEZONE Forums

I went back to google and discovered the Pale Moon browser which supposedly supports DCRs. However this resulted in the same problem as Firefox which was that nothing showed up and there were no errors.

Chrome just tells me that "This plugin is not supported".

Am I missing something? Just trying to wrap my head around this.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First, you will need to be sure you are using the 32-Bit version of Pale Moon browser on Windows as the plugin isn't supported on OSx, as of yet.

Second, you have to access the dcr through a client file. Edit this one to fit your needs and then access the dcr through it.

If you have any other issues just post back here, good luck!

I'd like to thank Navine for helping me in getting my own client running not long ago.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks so much, I got it working. Unfortunately now I am getting this message.

Lin5gCm - How to actually run a DCR file. - RaGEZONE Forums

Would this have something to do with the client that I downloaded? Should I seek a different client?

Nevermind, I got it working, just had to change some stuff in external_variables.txt
Thanks again for the help but I have just one more question.
Is there some sort of definitive guide to the packets? Or should I go through other emulators source to get a feel for the protocol?

Attachments

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have been trying to get into private servers for Habbo but I am at a loss when it comes to opening the DCR file.
First I tried firefox, didn't work, I installed adobe shockwave, didn't work.

Then I tried opening it in internet explorer, which gave me this error.

YLXopck - How to actually run a DCR file. - RaGEZONE Forums

I went back to google and discovered the Pale Moon browser which supposedly supports DCRs. However this resulted in the same problem as Firefox which was that nothing showed up and there were no errors.

Chrome just tells me that "This plugin is not supported".

Am I missing something? Just trying to wrap my head around this.

DCR files that are Kodak Raw Image files can be opened with Able Rawer, GIMP Adobe photoshop, and probably some other popular photo and graphics tools as well.

If you're confident that the DCR file you have isn't a Kodak Raw Image file, it could instead be a Shockwave Media file, in which case you can use Adobe shock wave player or the now-discontinued Adobe directorto open it.iSwiff for macOS may work too.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks so much, I got it working. Unfortunately now I am getting this message.

Lin5gCm - How to actually run a DCR file. - RaGEZONE Forums

Would this have something to do with the client that I downloaded? Should I seek a different client?

Nevermind, I got it working, just had to change some stuff in external_variables.txt
Thanks again for the help but I have just one more question.
Is there some sort of definitive guide to the packets? Or should I go through other emulators source to get a feel for the protocol?
I'm not sure if this is against the rules but here is a good resource for packets -->

The earlier Shockwave releases are pretty well documented and you can peak into an existing server to see how they are done. Later versions of Shockwave are not as well documented and I believe during the later releases (v23 - v35), Sulake changed the packets around quite a bit. I would just log all packets and then as you receive ones that you haven't defined try your luck at figuring out what they are via existing resources.

Also, Kepler has a REALLY nice design for the actual FUSEv0.2.0 protocol. That plus the posts from Nillus, the Fuse wiki, and looking at other sources' is how I have come to understand the protocol somewhat.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is against the rules but here is a good resource for packets -->

The earlier Shockwave releases are pretty well documented and you can peak into an existing server to see how they are done. Later versions of Shockwave are not as well documented and I believe during the later releases (v23 - v35), Sulake changed the packets around quite a bit. I would just log all packets and then as you receive ones that you haven't defined try your luck at figuring out what they are via existing resources.

Also, Kepler has a REALLY nice design for the actual FUSEv0.2.0 protocol. That plus the posts from Nillus, the Fuse wiki, and looking at other sources' is how I have come to understand the protocol somewhat.

Hope this helps!

Thanks again, huge help!

Upvote 0
Back