Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Arcturus Public Rooms Thumbnail

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Camera on Arcturus is working well, but how can we edit the rooms thumbnail for publics rooms!?
They looks so noob... the DB dont have image_url on navigator_publics. We absolutly need to use the 'camera' system from ************?

I want the same thumbnail from Habbo, i can make it with the Camera but the ads_background are invisible so.... its UGLY! xD
I find a Issue thread with the same issue (Resolved) but thats not really working. I use the full URL for my ads_background, without and with https (i have try both), the ads_background is still invisible.
lpbs2Ha - Arcturus Public Rooms Thumbnail - RaGEZONE Forums
Thank you :]
(And yes.. i use the correct complete URL for the ads_background)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any solution?
Problem is not solved for me yet.

Maybe is the domain... I think. Try to upload ur bg room images to any image service like imgur or something. This work for me using google drive, but only in the first photo. Later i cant see the bg on the room or photo.

And camera effects like hearts or starts dont work too

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You bought a license for the arcturus camera ?
I have buy more than the Camera licence, i bought the Godly Subscription (100$US) few months ago (with camera included) but i think the camera server is now free to everyone. This subscription give you absolutely nothing more. No special plugin, no feature, not even a thank you in the about command. When you ask TheGeneral for a special plugin (even if you offer money) he will reply: Yes yes and no replies after. This is just a donation with no more features. [emoji14]

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes. Or he dont answer or solve the camera problems/bugs... I really dont know why camera is not include in the server like an api or something. Being in a external server causes more problems. Pics cant have zoom, cant have some effects, cant take custom furni or some pets, cant take room ads bg. Etc. Im using arcturus. Is good for now. But i pay for a camera works* and dont work good. :(

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Its a feature I never intended to code and it doesnt have my focus right now.

The issue with backgrounds is most likely caused by a proxy or cloudflare. The camera server must be able to download these from your host. Allowing the domain or the ip (ping the domain for the ip) in cloudflare or your proxy settings will allow this.

They are considered donations, not subscriptions. If you dont like what I do then use spmething else. No big deal to me...

If you want me to upload custom thumbnails just send them to me on Skype and I will do that for you :)

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Its a feature I never intended to code and it doesnt have my focus right now.

The issue with backgrounds is most likely caused by a proxy or cloudflare. The camera server must be able to download these from your host. Allowing the domain or the ip (ping the domain for the ip) in cloudflare or your proxy settings will allow this.

They are considered donations, not subscriptions. If you dont like what I do then use spmething else. No big deal to me...

If you want me to upload custom thumbnails just send them to me on Skype and I will do that for you :)
If it's able to download the furniture why isn't it able to download the images?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. Camera uses pre-existing extracted sprites which are on my server.
Hey TH!
i finally make it worked. It works when you upload your backgrounds on Google Drive, take the picture and the camera server can render correctly the background.
Thank you

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey TH!
i finally make it worked. It works when you upload your backgrounds on Google Drive, take the picture and the camera server can render correctly the background.
Thank you

That is what i do too, work for one day, later anyone cant see the bg.
i think that was for the link format... how do u get the full link for the images on google drive? (i mean, the link finished by .png or .gif)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think i had some issue when i had .gif instead of .png but can't remember.
I only loads the pictures as .png
The thumbnails is loading over https.

Using Arcturus 1.8.0 and Chocolatey latest version. :)

xKADOx - Arcturus Public Rooms Thumbnail - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is what i do too, work for one day, later anyone cant see the bg.
i think that was for the link format... how do u get the full link for the images on google drive? (i mean, the link finished by .png or .gif)
Hey :) thats not a .png or .gif link and it works! Open the image on Google Disc, and use the Web Development tool on your browser and select the image. You will have the full URL in the source.
Iam doing it like that:
I take a screenshot of the area i want in my thumnail, i ipload it on Google Drive. I put a ads_mpu (the rectangular one) and i take my photo in this ads. And i remove it after the photo. And it works! (dont use Google Drive for your ads_background) :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think i had some issue when i had .gif instead of .png but can't remember.
I only loads the pictures as .png
The thumbnails is loading over https.

Using Arcturus 1.8.0 and Chocolatey latest version. :)

xKADOx - Arcturus Public Rooms Thumbnail - RaGEZONE Forums
Yea but when you use CloudFlare, the camera server can't render the ads_background. [emoji14]

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good you found a solution to your problem! :cool:

Edit: Oh didnt know you used Cloudflare. :)
Might try to use it myself and see if i come across the same thing.

Upvote 0
Back