Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Arcturus vs Plus

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to setup an hotel for me and my friends to test some things and build some rooms. My main question is: what is better or has the better feafures; Arcturus or Plus?
I know Arcturus is still in development, but Plus has many edits (dont know if they are good or bad).
What does the community in here recommend?

Regards.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Comet is not really finished is it?
Yes it is and it's really stable, you can find it on github or here in ragezone :)

--> This is and edition, i haven't tested but seems to be good :p

--> Original comet (used in leet)

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Yes it is and it's really stable, you can find it on github or here in ragezone :)

--> This is and edition, i haven't tested but seems to be good :p

--> Original comet (used in leet)
Both are not compiled are they?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
And Santa is real. Gfys.

I don't know what to tell you really. Arcturus is made from scratch. If your pathetic little brain wants to believe otherwise, there are better fairy tales out there on the internet.

This guy's kinda a penis but around here it also kinda makes sense, the source is closed but the plugin system gives you a lot of wiggle room on the client for things that you might actually change.

Plus runs on .NET 3.5 so you'd have to run it on a Windows server which is far more expensive for less impressive specs than *nix servers whereas Arcturus is Java so it's obviously cross platform. My first instinct was Arcturus, then I wanted to switch to Plus for some ease of use and access to code, then switched back to Arcturus because it just makes way more sense.

Also, besides Habboon it seems like everyone is just using crappy old RevCMS that was good for its time a coons age ago and everyone that starts in Plus makes it nowhere. In the end of the day it doesn't really matter what you end up using it matters how well you can execute everything and entice people to join.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
This guy's kinda a penis but around here it also kinda makes sense, the source is closed but the plugin system gives you a lot of wiggle room on the client for things that you might actually change.

Plus runs on .NET 3.5 so you'd have to run it on a Windows server which is far more expensive for less impressive specs than *nix servers whereas Arcturus is Java so it's obviously cross platform. My first instinct was Arcturus, then I wanted to switch to Plus for some ease of use and access to code, then switched back to Arcturus because it just makes way more sense.

Also, besides Habboon it seems like everyone is just using crappy old RevCMS that was good for its time a coons age ago and everyone that starts in Plus makes it nowhere. In the end of the day it doesn't really matter what you end up using it matters how well you can execute everything and entice people to join.

Don't know if you mean I'm a penis or he is but,

I don't see why I am a penis. I don't like people accusing me of stuff that isn't true, spreading lies and trying to convince people that Arcturus is bad. Thats being a penis. Arcturus has been worked on for 3,5 years. Thats older than Plus. I only made the repo private because I was tired of people renaming the project and generally not showing any respect. Having no respect for one another is being a penis.

Also nobody ever posts proof with these accusations because you know, its all just words.

I help people where I can, always there for anyone that needs help or has question. Doing this for the community. At least I am not charging $300 to use my emulator. Arcturus gives you the possibility to implement new features. Custom mini games. New commands. New wireds etc etc all without having to rename the :about menu.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Let's put a end to discussion because you're not getting anywhere.

Dominic wants the emulator to be open-source because he's against developers who steal and put code in to the emulator where the developer is able to get what he wants without a doubt.

General does not want to make the emulator open-source because he's scared to see people mess around with this code and take the credits for something that they did not do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Let's put a end to discussion because you're not getting anywhere.

Dominic wants the emulator to be open-source because he's against developers who steal and put code in to the emulator where the developer is able to get what he wants without a doubt.

General does not want to make the emulator open-source because he's scared to see people mess around with this code and take the credits for something that they did not do.
@The General
He's right, also I want to contribute to the scene, however seeing Arcturus is closed-source, it's pretty hard contributing.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I get why Arcturus is closed source now, and The General I was referring to you, but I don't mean you're actually inherently an idiot, I think people stealing your poop has just made you stubborn, but then again I didn't know you beforehand anyway.

Arcturus is extremely closed source, even if it were open source the license prohibits changes, and I've never seen anything about anyone contributing via pull requests or similar anyway.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think it's really a matter of what you want from your Hotel. Plus Emulator has its benefits, Arcturus has its own.

If you want your Hotel to be fast & full of features, I would use Arcturus. HOWEVER, Arcturus is still in development and far from finished. Bugs are usual & you need to do a lot of work yourself to actually figure things out.

Plus Emulator is the usual go on any starter Hotel, because it's so easy to setup and use.

So really, I wouldn't ask here since it's actually up to you If your willing to work hard to make a good Hotel or make an mass hotel with basic features.

@The General
He's right, also I want to contribute to the scene, however seeing Arcturus is closed-source, it's pretty hard contributing.

If you prove yourself to be trustworthy you'll get the source from The General :sleep:

Upvote 0
Back