Arcturus vs Plus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    1,959Posts

Arcturus vs Plus

Hello,

I want to setup an hotel for me and my friends to test some things and build some rooms. My main question is: what is better or has the better feafures; Arcturus or Plus?
    I know Arcturus is still in development, but Plus has many edits (dont know if they are good or bad).
    What does the community in here recommend?

Regards.
    Reached 1,9k posts

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    142Posts

Re: Arcturus vs Plus

Some ppl says that arcturus is just an plus emulator ported to java xD

I really prefer comet, who is really stable.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    1,959Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B3T4T3ST3 View Post

Comet is not really finished is it?
    Reached 1,9k posts

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    142Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twan View Post
    Comet is not really finished is it?
    Yes it is and it's really stable, you can find it on github or here in ragezone :)

https://github.com/izinezion/CometEmulator --> This is and edition, i haven't tested but seems to be good :p

https://github.com/MetusM/Comet --> Original comet (used in leet)

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    1,959Posts

Yes it is and it's really stable, you can find it on github or here in ragezone :)

https://github.com/izinezion/CometEmulator --> This is and edition, i haven't tested but seems to be good :p

https://github.com/MetusM/Comet --> Original comet (used in leet)
    Both are not compiled are they?
    Reached 1,9k posts

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    142Posts

Both are not compiled are they?
    I suggest you to recompile cos the compiled file are outdated.Just download intellij IDEA and recompile.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    1,959Posts

I suggest you to recompile cos the compiled file are outdated.Just download intellij IDEA and recompile.
    Which one is the main file so i can rebuild it?

Btw: izinezion has no database provided.
    Reached 1,9k posts

V.I.P  Rank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    DenmarkLocation
    586Posts

I still manage to find traces of Uber code in Arcturus

MemberRank
    Dec 2013 Join Date
    142Posts

Which one is the main file so i can rebuild it?

Btw: izinezion has no database provided.
    The main is metus version, izinezion is an edition. (i think who you can use same db)

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,198Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I still manage to find traces of Uber code in Arcturus
    And Santa is real. Gfys.

I don't know what to tell you really. Arcturus is made from scratch. If your pathetic little brain wants to believe otherwise, there are better fairy tales out there on the internet.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ

MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    31Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    And Santa is real. Gfys.

I don't know what to tell you really. Arcturus is made from scratch. If your pathetic little brain wants to believe otherwise, there are better fairy tales out there on the internet.
    This guy's kinda a dick but around here it also kinda makes sense, the source is closed but the plugin system gives you a lot of wiggle room on the client for things that you might actually change.

Plus runs on .NET 3.5 so you'd have to run it on a Windows server which is far more expensive for less impressive specs than *nix servers whereas Arcturus is Java so it's obviously cross platform. My first instinct was Arcturus, then I wanted to switch to Plus for some ease of use and access to code, then switched back to Arcturus because it just makes way more sense.

Also, besides Habboon it seems like everyone is just using shitty old RevCMS that was good for its time a coons age ago and everyone that starts in Plus makes it nowhere. In the end of the day it doesn't really matter what you end up using it matters how well you can execute everything and entice people to join.

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,198Posts

Quote Originally Posted by briian View Post
    This guy's kinda a dick but around here it also kinda makes sense, the source is closed but the plugin system gives you a lot of wiggle room on the client for things that you might actually change.

Plus runs on .NET 3.5 so you'd have to run it on a Windows server which is far more expensive for less impressive specs than *nix servers whereas Arcturus is Java so it's obviously cross platform. My first instinct was Arcturus, then I wanted to switch to Plus for some ease of use and access to code, then switched back to Arcturus because it just makes way more sense.

Also, besides Habboon it seems like everyone is just using shitty old RevCMS that was good for its time a coons age ago and everyone that starts in Plus makes it nowhere. In the end of the day it doesn't really matter what you end up using it matters how well you can execute everything and entice people to join.
    Don't know if you mean I'm a dick or he is but,

I don't see why I am a dick. I don't like people accusing me of stuff that isn't true, spreading lies and trying to convince people that Arcturus is bad. Thats being a dick. Arcturus has been worked on for 3,5 years. Thats older than Plus. I only made the repo private because I was tired of people renaming the project and generally not showing any respect. Having no respect for one another is being a dick.

Also nobody ever posts proof with these accusations because you know, its all just words.

I help people where I can, always there for anyone that needs help or has question. Doing this for the community. At least I am not charging $300 to use my emulator. Arcturus gives you the possibility to implement new features. Custom mini games. New commands. New wireds etc etc all without having to rename the :about menu.
    Last edited by The General; 13-01-18 at 11:19 AM.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ

True MemberRank
    Feb 2003 Join Date
    398Posts

Let's put a end to discussion because you're not getting anywhere.

Dominic wants the emulator to be open-source because he's against developers who steal and put code in to the emulator where the developer is able to get what he wants without a doubt.

General does not want to make the emulator open-source because he's scared to see people mess around with this code and take the credits for something that they did not do.
    Last edited by ~{Bazi}~; 13-01-18 at 07:00 PM.

V.I.P  Rank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    DenmarkLocation
    586Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ~{Bazi}~ View Post
    Let's put a end to discussion because you're not getting anywhere.

Dominic wants the emulator to be open-source because he's against developers who steal and put code in to the emulator where the developer is able to get what he wants without a doubt.

General does not want to make the emulator open-source because he's scared to see people mess around with this code and take the credits for something that they did not do.
    @The General
    He's right, also I want to contribute to the scene, however seeing Arcturus is closed-source, it's pretty hard contributing.

MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    31Posts

I get why Arcturus is closed source now, and @The General I was referring to you, but I don't mean you're actually inherently an asshole, I think people stealing your shit has just made you stubborn, but then again I didn't know you beforehand anyway.

Arcturus is extremely closed source, even if it were open source the license prohibits changes, and I've never seen anything about anyone contributing via pull requests or similar anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement