Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Comet Emulator Startup Issue

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,
So I have built the Comet Emulator but on start I get this, copied the config & configuration & Comet-Server-1.11.1-ALPHA1.jar to another folder and this is coming up when I do "java -jar Comet-Server-1.11.1-ALPHA1.jar" :
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger at com.cometproject.server.boot.Comet.<clinit>(Comet.java:25) at com.boot.Main.main(Main.java:14)Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.log4j.Logger at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ... 2 more
I spent hours about this issue, any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,
So I have built the Comet Emulator but on start I get this, copied the config & configuration & Comet-Server-1.11.1-ALPHA1.jar to another folder and this is coming up when I do "java -jar Comet-Server-1.11.1-ALPHA1.jar" :

I spent hours about this issue, any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Err, the error is

Code:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.log4j.Logger

I'm gonna guess that either,
A. You don't have the proper dependencies for Log4J or
B. You don't have your class path configured properly.

Make sure you have the proper dependencies, if they are there check your class path. Either set it in your IDE or at CLI use
Code:
 [B]java -cp[/B] YOUR_CLASS_PATH

Also, just Googling the Exception will take you far in the future. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Back