Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is it possible to create habbo retro on mac?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've tried following along tutorials regarding creating a habbo retro, however, I get stuck in some parts due to my mac.

For instance,

I cannot edit .ini files nor run .exe emulator. Is it possible to make a retro on a mac? In that case, how? Are there any tutorials?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just download mono and run the emulator via your terminal. The webserver is xampp which is kindof the same on mac.
- xampp:
- mono:

For more information just have a look inside the documentation.
PS: not everything is the same, like for instance path's etc, because of how different the operating systems are. Also, there's a slight chance that the emulator won't run that smooth, or not at all on mac since most emulators are not optimized for mono.
Only use mono for C# based emulators. There are some java emulators, so just use java instead for those.

I've tried following along tutorials regarding creating a habbo retro, however, I get stuck in some parts due to my mac.

For instance,

I cannot edit .ini files nor run .exe emulator. Is it possible to make a retro on a mac? In that case, how? Are there any tutorials?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just download mono and run the emulator via your terminal. The webserver is xampp which is kindof the same on mac.
- xampp:
- mono:

For more information just have a look inside the documentation.
PS: not everything is the same, like for instance path's etc, because of how different the operating systems are. Also, there's a slight chance that the emulator won't run that smooth, or not at all on mac since most emulators are not optimized for mono.
Only use mono for C# based emulators. There are some java emulators, so just use java instead for those.

Damn answer to mission impossible XD

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If you want to make a hotel on a MAC, you must use java emulators such as Comet, Arcturus. There is no way you can run .exe file on a MAC.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you want to make a hotel on a MAC, you must use java emulators such as Comet, Arcturus. There is no way you can run .exe file on a MAC.
Looks like someone never heard of mono. I've been able to run plus emulator on a Linux based machine which is not quite the same as mac. But if you're able to run it on Linux, you can definitely run it on MacOS.

Upvote 0
Back