Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DDOS Problem (Hostsavor & PlusEmulator)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yesterday my server was ddosed and I see 9000 Online Users with different IP Adresses (Botnet).
I fix the Online Counter with a mysql_select count where online = 1.

But my Server still getting ddosed again and I had CPU problems and Client laggs.

I wrote a Ticket on Hostsavor and getting this message:

Hi Hannes,Please ensure that you've got appropriate filtering from within your game server and your websocket server to prevent flooding. If you're allowing ports through the firewall, you should ensure that the application is correctly handling the ports and limits the amount of connections per ip, per user and looks for irregularities within the connections and blacklists them if necessary.
Please make sure that you've made sufficient changes to your application, otherwise we will be unable to offer further guidance other than what we've provided above if that does not resolve the issue.
Thank you for contacting HostSavor Support.

Discord: ******

Hi Hannes,Issues such as this are usually down to the applications that are on the server, not the server itself.
Thank you for contacting HostSavor Support.

Discord: ****

I'm pretty sure that my Server is not able to block connections from outside.

Now I think about the GameSocketManager and I edited some codes to his:

But I dont think this fix the Problem?

Need help ^^

Reaction score
Hostsavor should sell TCP proxies that will help a great deal, but that's as far as helpful beginner friendly stuff can go. Otherwise, it's up to you to configure your firewall down to every square inch and find a wow to help reduce this on the emulator side (rate limiters, etc)

Upvote 0
Back