• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Fixing of Application ID

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey! Sorry but i am trying to work on something which acts like a view staff application, i made it to echo the username of submitted application username's and manage to create a hyperlink in the username so now i am having a trouble where i want it to go to like viewapplication?userid=Janzeer when clicked on my name which echo's the other details such as AppID experience and stuff.

Here is the code i have done so far:
PHP:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
    </head>

<body>
    Applied Applicants :
    <?php
$ID = mysql_query("Select AppID from staffapps where UserName") or die(mysql_error());
    while($Applicant = mysql_fetch_assoc($SQL)) {
        echo '<a style="color: black;text-decoration: none;" href="viewapplication?id='.$ID['AppID'].'">'.$Applicant['UserName'].'</a><br />';
   }
    ?>

</body>
    </html>

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try this I fixed up the code just a tiny bit

PHP:
<?php
$ID = mysql_query("SELECT AppID FROM staffapps WHERE UserName") or die(mysql_error());
while($Applicant = mysql_fetch_assoc($ID)) {
echo '<a style="color: black;text-decoration: none;" href="viewapplication?id='.$ID['AppID'].'">'.$Applicant['UserName'].'</a><br />';
}
?>

Ps I added you on skype

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try this I fixed up the code just a tiny bit

PHP:
<?php
$ID = mysql_query("SELECT AppID FROM staffapps WHERE UserName") or die(mysql_error());
while($Applicant = mysql_fetch_assoc($ID)) {
echo '<a rel="nofollow" style="color: black;text-decoration: none;" href="viewapplication?id='.$ID['AppID'].'">'.$Applicant['UserName'].'</a><br />';
}
?>

Ps I added you on skype

It didn't work, blank page.

Upvote 0
Hakuna Matata
Reaction score
Your query doesn't make sense.
Code:
Select AppID from staffapps where UserName

Select AppID from staffapps where UserName ... UserName is what?
You should try something like this:

Code:
SELECT `AppID` FROM `staffapps` WHERE `UserName` = "USERNAME";

Also, please do not use mysql as it's deprecated. Switch to mysqli or PDO before it gets removed.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Why using uppercases in database columns / tables? It is highly recommended not doing that and if you want to seperate words you should use an underscore '_'

Code:
<?php
$query = mysql_query("SELECT AppID, UserName FROM staffapps ORDER BY AppID DESC") or die(mysql_error());
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query)) {
echo '<a style="color: black;text-decoration: none;" href="viewapplication?id='.$row['AppID'].'">'.$row['UserName'].'</a><br />';
}
?>

This should return a list of links to the application. (Assumed your database structure is correct)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your query doesn't make sense.
Code:
Select AppID from staffapps where UserName

Select AppID from staffapps where UserName ... UserName is what?
You should try something like this:

Code:
SELECT `AppID` FROM `staffapps` WHERE `UserName` = "USERNAME";

Also, please do not use mysql as it's deprecated. Switch to mysqli or PDO before it gets removed.

Sorry, i was trying if a Where would fetch the other information but forgot to erase it off when it didnt work. Anyways, i am sorry but how do you switch to mysqli? New to mysql. :(
Why using uppercases in database columns / tables? It is highly recommended not doing that and if you want to seperate words you should use an underscore '_'

Code:
<?php
$query = mysql_query("SELECT AppID, UserName FROM staffapps ORDER BY AppID DESC") or die(mysql_error());
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query)) {
echo '<a rel="nofollow" style="color: black;text-decoration: none;" href="viewapplication?id='.$row['AppID'].'">'.$row['UserName'].'</a><br />';
}
?>

This should return a list of links to the application. (Assumed your database structure is correct)
I'll rename the database with a underscore, yes the code works perfectly fine. However have you got any idea on how to fetch the other queries in the database to be echo-ed when clicked on the my Username such as RealName, Age, Timezone, Experience sort of? Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Change where it says - SELECT AppID, UserName FROM staffapps to - SELECT * FROM staffapps (or replace * with all your column names, example AppID, UserName etc etc)

Thank you for a reply, however i meant i would like to have after clicking my username it shows a link like then it shows everything, not like which shows everything. i want all the details of the username clicked after clicking the username.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back