Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GameSocket Listener getting ddosed (Botnet IP's)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was told that I should get a ddos protected server.
So I got a premium vps at hostsavor which contains game anti-ddos
Unfortunately I got an attack a week ago which had 9000 different IPs.
I wrote to the support of hostsavor who told me to block the IP's from my server.
So I installed an additional program (PeerBlock) and changed the gamesocketmanager so that I make an automatic block with unregistered IPS (users.sql - ip_last column). However, in 20% of cases this leads to a block which is not a DDOS Ip although the user has an ip address (users.sql - iplast)
Slowly I'm really desperate and am already thinking about giving up the project.
At other successful hotels, things are going so well and have done several tests and I have not come across a result
I hope someone can help me there.

Thanks.
Also, I own cloudflare but I hardly think it's not cloudflare.

Reaction score
I was told that I should get a ddos protected server.
So I got a premium vps at hostsavor which contains game anti-ddos
Unfortunately I got an attack a week ago which had 9000 different IPs.
I wrote to the support of hostsavor who told me to block the IP's from my server.
So I installed an additional program (PeerBlock) and changed the gamesocketmanager so that I make an automatic block with unregistered IPS (users.sql - ip_last column). However, in 20% of cases this leads to a block which is not a DDOS Ip although the user has an ip address (users.sql - iplast)
Slowly I'm really desperate and am already thinking about giving up the project.
At other successful hotels, things are going so well and have done several tests and I have not come across a result
I hope someone can help me there.

Thanks.
Also, I own cloudflare but I hardly think it's not cloudflare.
Regarding Hostsavor for DDOS Protection - it uses OVH game servers, so it could be cheaper and more beneficial to go straight to OVH. If you're wanting something that has a much better firewall go to Google Cloud.

As for the attacks - it may help to get a reverse proxy that also rate limits and sniffs out botnets. You could also just ban proxy users all together considering most attacks happen from hosting providers.

Upvote 0
Back