• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

OR [Guide] XAMPP + VPS = ??

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I am wondering since revcms sucks... (yes I said it) I want to use uber/illumina CMS ofc 500 internal server error because of IIS

I don't know how to fix, I have installed helicon ape and changed .htaccess to web.config... So does xampp and vps suit and can I still use navicat??/

And whats wamp is that best?? some opinions or guides PLS

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I recommend web-host + VPS,

Webhost = CMS + SWF Hosting!

VPS = Servers (Uber, Plus, BCStorm, ect...)

The reason why is RAM I have a 2 gig vps that has only Google Chrome and my server on it everything else was un-installed to save me RAM space :)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I recommend web-host + VPS,

Webhost = CMS + SWF Hosting!

VPS = Servers (Uber, Plus, BCStorm, ect...)

The reason why is RAM I have a 2 gig vps that has only Google Chrome and my server on it everything else was un-installed to save me RAM space :)

You own cheer hotel?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you isntall url rewrite and imported the rules?

No, url rewrite seems pretty pointless too me, it doesn't change anything if I uninstall or install it... I downloaded a old crappy light 2 version of Jontey's illumina.. it works but I think due to the mysqli all other version don't have the config for mysqli and it seemed to work
but its not good enough its like a 2010 cms.

I cannot use any uber or illumina... only rev CMS pretty much;/ HALP HALP!

Nginx is a web server, just like Apache. However it is better with concurrent connections, can act as a load balancer and much faster at serving static files. As for performance and memory usage: http://www.wikivs.com/wiki/apache_vs_nginx#Performance

How do I set tht sht up?

Upvote 0
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You ask for a guide every single week. Either give up or actually pay attention and learn something for once. It might also help if you don't just give up after 1 hour. RevCMS doesn't suck, it works perfectly fine. A better statement would be "I can't setup RevCMS, so I'm choosing to go with Illuminia or Uber."

Follow Harrisons TUT for setting up uber and Nginx here; http://forum.ragezone.com/f335/setting-php-nginx-uber-2-a-844974/

Upvote 0
Back