Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

IIS DDoS exploit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, someone came on my hotel and told me there's a DDoS exploit in IIS.

How do i fix this, supposedly you can down someones IIS web server with this IIS ddos type exploit, even if you have http proxy & cloudflare combo etc.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Never heard of anything like that before.
I am using IIS since ages, and never had an issue with such things.
Perhaps you need to check your Setup again, if you are getting attacks on your Server.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Never heard of anything like that before.
I am using IIS since ages, and never had an issue with such things.
Perhaps you need to check your Setup again, if you are getting attacks on your Server.

You're wrong, there is an exploit. Your hotel isnt big enough this is why you havent been attacked, only a few know about this. They can down ur server with a specific attack via iis exploit but you need to patch it via a few lines of code. I dont know what the code is tho

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sounds like you want rate limiting and IP filtering? IIRC there was a module for that. Haven't used IIS in years.

Also make sure to update to the latest version if you haven't already just to be sure.
No, I do not want this.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're wrong, there is an exploit. Your hotel isnt big enough this is why you havent been attacked, only a few know about this. They can down ur server with a specific attack via iis exploit but you need to patch it via a few lines of code. I dont know what the code is tho

Soo, how can you judge my hotel if you dont even know me? I ran several popular hotels with 70-100 users and never had isses with IIS.
Just Check your config smh, check the firewall, get a better server idk

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no such IIS Exploit, been using IIS for years.
I don't recommend to use CloudFlare, even if you pay.

By using CF, your hotel will get taken down so easily, there're sites that only support in taking down websites which uses Cloudflares HTTP.
I recommend you to stop using CF if you don't have Enterprise and start using Blazingfast, Hyperfilter or Sucuri

Upvote 0
xHosts.uk - Windows & Linux VPS - Cosmic Guard
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
As a service provider, I have assisted countless hotels with their hotel services.

This is what we do / advise on a low budget

1)Cloudflare free with under attack mode enabled
2)iis dynamic ip restrictions setup to only allow connections from the cloudflare IP ranges otherwise set it to drop the connection (also removes the need for TCP proxies) if not on such a tight budget and can afford $20 then go for Sucuri and tweak their default settings from the control panel.

We have helped loads of clients with this and only seen actual rented ($ per hour) ddos services get past this, not the cheap booters people buy for $10

Upvote 0
Back