Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Several Issues with Plus Emu

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello RageZone.
As mentioned in the title above, I've currently ran across 2 issues with Plus Emu R3, which is Catalog search bugs, and error on executing commands :emptyitems yes . Please note that I'm currently managing a several years old retro hotel, which have large users and furni items databases.

1st Issues (Catalog Search Error):-

f3c4f42aeb06090bc4041665c3cc4ada - Several Issues with Plus Emu - RaGEZONE Forums

When I'm trying to search for a keyword in catalog, it shows up fine in the results. But it shows the scifi_r17_bed furni when I clicked on any of the search results and when i'm trying to buy any furni that listed in the results.

9f00a5e3fbc00c99817ced8fa69c95fe - Several Issues with Plus Emu - RaGEZONE Forums

However it loads up fine if I select any subcategories listed on the search results.​

2nd Issues ( :emptyitems yes commands) :-

Each time when me or any user try to execute commands :emptyitems yes, it throws the error:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Yes, I'm understand that the issues was caused by MySQL timeout errors. As mentioned above, this retro have large databases, so that might causes this issues. However, I've tried several workaround such as increases the database execution time but it seems fail. Need workaround for this issues as our current users keep complaining about it.

Any helps would be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Plus R3 is not a stable release as far as I'm aware.
Have you considered using R2 or R1, as they are the stable releases and the most well documented?
Also using Arcturus or Comet would be better for a hotel that is of moderate size. Im not at a computer atm but if you
are determined to use Plus R3 perhaps i could help tomorrow afternoon.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Plus R3 is not a stable release as far as I'm aware.
Have you considered using R2 or R1, as they are the stable releases and the most well documented?
Also using Arcturus or Comet would be better for a hotel that is of moderate size. Im not at a computer atm but if you
are determined to use Plus R3 perhaps i could help tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for your recommendation. For your information, this retro is using custom version of Plus R3, as it previously been worked by old developer. However, I didn't manage to obtain the sources to fix these problems. So for the solution, I'm currently working on my original base of Plus R3.

Well personally I would choose Arcturus compared to Plus for its stability, as I have several experience using it. But for my current Retro, this might took a long time for the database transitions.

Anyway I'm currently setting up duplicated test environment for the retro. this might take long time due to super-large database import process. I'll let you know when its done.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@treebeard Useless comment.

@ayril
The point is the ClearItems function uses JOIN and on large databases, this takes to long.

You have to clean it manually (do this every week with an event).

Go to InventoryComponent.cs and search for ClearItems()

inside you will see the executed query with join.

Replace it with
dbClient.RunQuery("DELETE FROM items WHERE room_id='0' AND user_id = " + _userId);

And if you want to dump your database a little bit faster use mysqldump
This takes around 5 minutes for my 8GB size database.
mysqldump -u root --default-character-set=utf8 -pPASSWORD DATABASE > backup.sql
best regards
Keyuko

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back