Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Problem Jabbo - connection lost

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
HI I am seeing this error message

"connection lost restart jabbo hotel if you encounter this problem again, please wait a moment before restarting. ok"

I am testing Jabbo v.3.2 dev on local machine local host

I have followed all steps to install Jabbo v.3.2 dev correctly

please post solution to this problem thanks.

Reaction score
I think if you get a message like that something isn't configured well between client and server.

Make sure you're client has the same connection port (ex: 30000) as your server listenning port and same host (for example: localhost)

Not sure but I remember that the configuration for client was in a javascript tag in the client html file.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
it works in mozilla firefox browser but not in google chrome browser. connection is working now i am inside jabbo hotel but there is another problem, jabbo avatar which i suppose to control in the game is not showing up..

i have two problems one is connection problem in google chrome i need to fix that
and second problem is jabbo avator not showing up in jabbo hotel game, i can not see any jabbo players even my own player

please advise me how i can fix these problems thanks.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the connection problem is caused by cookie issues in the client file. If you read through other Jabbo help threads you will find the solution to it.

The avatars are being cached on the run, make sure the php script has write access to the cache folder.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok I managed to fix the problem with the connection it was to do with cookies by placing this code

$past = time() - 3600;foreach ( $_COOKIE as $key => $value ){ setcookie( $key, $value, $past, '/' );}

in client/index.php file. thanks for your advice, but I still have problem of jabbo avatar i cant see any. I am using local host local machine, i went to cached folder and put write access in permission like you have advised me, but still avatars are not showing in the game, please let me know any other solution what can i do ? i am using localhost xammp to test jabbo v32 dev

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Is the client trying to reach the images at all? Check in your browsers debug console.

Are the images getting stored in the cache folder, or does it fail to save the file?

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
no its not saving in cache.

I would try to execute the script that generates the avatar file manually to see if you can get that working. Try to figure out if it's a problem with the code, php version or writepermission.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
its the same code which you posted the link for download. jabbo v3.2 its possible you can also check the code to find out the problem, as i am new to this jabbo development, i dont really know which file to test there are many files in the folder. also i am testing this out in localhost, does that makes any difference in testing?

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
its the same code which you posted the link for download. jabbo v3.2 its possible you can also check the code to find out the problem, as i am new to this jabbo development, i dont really know which file to test there are many files in the folder. also i am testing this out in localhost, does that makes any difference in testing?

Shouldn't make a difference, no. Try to write a simple php script located in the same directory as the one that creates the avatarcache and make it save a png file to the cache directory.

If that doesn't work either, you will know that it's because of insufficient write permissions.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I dont know which one create avatar ? how do i check that? I think it is avatar.php but i have tried what you told me, i written simple php script to write a file to cache folder from the same directory where avatar.php is at using the code below

$myfile = fopen("cache/avatars/camera/newfile.txt", "w") or die("Unable to open file!");$txt = "John\n";fwrite($myfile, $txt);$txt = "Jane\n";fwrite($myfile, $txt);fclose($myfile);

and it does create a file in cache folder and i can also see the text john and jane in that file. so there is nothing wrong with write permission, i think its the code which create the avatar in cache. Please tell me how i can check which file is writing to cache folder? is there a way to find that and if so how. how exactly i can find out which file is writing to cache folder. also please see jabbo v32 and try to figure out the problem yourself as well, maybe you can find something there that i cant see and please give me the solution thanks.

Upvote 0
Back