Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why does localhost connect me to "Index of" folder

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
miklu - Why does localhost connect me to "Index of" folder - RaGEZONE Forums
Im very new to these habbo retros, I just wanted to make a retro for me and my friends. Im using xampp and when I have made the hotel, and go to localhost it gets me to the folder view, not to the hotel.

Folder view

Folders

I guess Im doing something wrong BUT WHAT?!!?!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh wow, I remembered doing the same more than 7 years ago. Xd

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey miklu it's good to see you have an interest in making a Habbo server.

There are 4 main things you need for Habbo server:
1. CMS.
2. Game files.
3. Emulator.
4. Database.

CMS
The CMS is the website for your Habbo server. It can be installed on a web server such as Apache (in XAMPP) or IIS.

Game Files
The game files are the images, clothes, furniture, config files etc. for the Habbo game. These need to be on your web server and people call this the "swfs".

Emulator
The Emulator is the game server which your players will connect to. You need to make sure you use correct Game Files which are compatible with the Emulator. There are different emulators with different features, so check which one you want to use.

Database
The database is where all of the data for the CMS and Emulator is stored. This is where your Habbo accounts, rooms, catalog, pets etc. are saved to.

You need to make sure that your firewall is allowing connections to all of these 4 things.

You can check for tutorials in the Habbo Tutorials section at http://forum.ragezone.com/f377/ for detailed steps to set-up your Habbo server.

Upvote 0
Back