Massive problems with my hotel since the new Flash Player Update yesterday

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,235Posts

Re: Massive problems with my hotel since the new Flash Player Update yesterday

Nothing you can do about it. Just move to another game I guess.

EDIT: Salty fucks lmao
    Last edited by The General; 23-04-18 at 04:35 PM.
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ (You can ask help here regarding Arcturus :love)

MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    166Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Nothing you can do about it. Just move to another game I guess.
    Useless comment.

I saw peperflash gives out some errors: pepflashplayer.dll is not a valid instance ID.
    Also I checked it with Firefox and IE had there no issues.

I'm at the moment to create a own browser with the chrome egine, its working fine but not everyone can install software.

MemberRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    133Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keyuko View Post
    Useless comment.

I saw peperflash gives out some errors: pepflashplayer.dll is not a valid instance ID.
    Also I checked it with Firefox and IE had there no issues.

I'm at the moment to create a own browser with the chrome egine, its working fine but not everyone can install software.
    Some hotels do not have the problem, the problem comes from the habbo.swf is it correct?

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    130Posts

The problem is due to the fact that the recent flash player update patched some exploits, and it seemingly broke? custom furniture assets/swfs.

The most serious of the bugs impact Adobe Flash Player 29.0.0.113 and earlier versions. “Successful exploitation could lead to arbitrary code execution in the context of the current user,” Adobe said.

Affected versions of Flash Player are Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime, Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome and Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and IE 11. CVEs include CVE-2018-4932, CVE-2018-4933, CVE-2018-4934, CVE-2018-4935, CVE-2018-4936 and CVE-2018-4937.

Three out of four of the vulnerabilities rated critical include a use-after-free vulnerability (CVE-2018-4932) that could result in a remote code execution attack, an out-of-bounds write flaw (CVE-2018-4935) that creates conditions ripe for unwanted information disclosure and another out-of-bounds write (CVE-2018-4937) bug that could create favorable conditions for remote code execution attacks.

Mateusz Jurczyk and Natalie Silvanovich of Google Project Zero are credited for finding four of the Adobe Flash Player bugs – two of which were rated critical (CVE-2018-4935, CVE-2018-4937). Lin Wang of Beihang University is also credited for discovering one of the critical Flash Player bugs (CVE-2018-4932).

Adobe is urging users of Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime for Windows, Macintosh and Linux to update to Adobe Flash Player 29.0.0.140 via the products update mechanism or by visiting the Adobe Flash Player Download Center. It said Google Chrome, Edge and IE users will each be automatically updated to the latest versions.
    https://threatpost.com/adobe-patches...design/131097/

There are probably a few discrepancies between a custom furniture asset, and one that Habbo would put out themselves. In the meanwhile, you can probably disable any custom furniture in your hotel as a workaround, but that's IF custom furniture asset is even the problem(Can someone verify this?).

By custom furniture I mean one that a user like you or me would create, and share in forums like these.
    Last edited by Arachis; 12-04-18 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Added source of quote

MemberRank
    Jun 2007 Join Date
    ChicagoLocation
    103Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachis View Post
    but that's IF custom furniture asset is even the problem(Can someone verify this?).
    Ours and other RP's was caused by the original "arrow.swf" furni that is released with the Boon catalog/swfs. Removed it and created our own and it's working gucci

True MemberRank
    Jul 2010 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    941Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haidyn View Post
    Ours and other RP's was caused by the original "arrow.swf" furni that is released with the Boon catalog/swfs. Removed it and created our own and it's working gucci
    You really think that will work? I mean REALLY work? nah

MemberRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    133Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrogli View Post
    Works all furnis in your hotel? Do you have R63a or R63B?

with the browser Fast & Secure Browser, Maxthon Cloud Browser | Download Maxthon Web Browser Free works correctly

MemberRank
    Jun 2007 Join Date
    ChicagoLocation
    103Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chapo View Post
    You really think that will work? I mean REALLY work? nah
    I don't think, I know that's what the problem was for us, RevivalRP and BlissRP. Having looked into the arrow.swf more it seems to have had a different compression type to what all the normal habbo furni has. I imagine it's the same problem with other custom furni.

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,235Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vicancer View Post
    Perhaps its running an older version of flash, which is something you definitly don't want as it could expose you to vulnerabilities and security issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidyn View Post
    I don't think, I know that's what the problem was for us, RevivalRP and BlissRP. Having looked into the arrow.swf more it seems to have had a different compression type to what all the normal habbo furni has. I imagine it's the same problem with other custom furni.
    Sounds like LZMA compression isn't handled correctly. Use the decompress SWF tool and see if that fixes anything (Decompress NOT decompile). Really doubt its something in the XML itself.
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ (You can ask help here regarding Arcturus :love)

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    130Posts

Could someone post a client swf that is having these problems. I want to compare it against the newer client builds and see if they've changed anything in their logic that wouldn't have been affected by this recent patch since then.

Although it does seem like custom assets(clothing/furniture) are the culprit, I'd still like to see if the client can be modified in a way where it won't break when it tries to load them. It would also be nice if one of you runs a server with just one custom asset enabled that is breaking the hotel, so I can have a place to experiment on. (I've no idea how to setup my own hotel)

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,235Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachis View Post
    Could someone post a client swf that is having these problems. I want to compare it against the newer client builds and see if they've changed anything in their logic that wouldn't have been affected by this recent patch since then.

Although it does seem like custom assets(clothing/furniture) are the culprit, I'd still like to see if the client can be modified in a way where it won't break when it tries to load them. It would also be nice if one of you runs a server with just one custom asset enabled that is breaking the hotel, so I can have a place to experiment on. (I've no idea how to setup my own hotel)
    To me it sounds compression related. I recall someone had issues with custom furniture that were compressed using LZMA.

MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    172Posts

Hey everyone!

I have no clue if this could help anyone out there but here are the changes of the live-hotel.biz habbo.swf file.
    The owners don't want to share their fix and so I'll give u the changes. But unfortunately that's not all - the client is still freezing.
    In my opinion it's wrong to not share any fix.

Changes (left: before | right: after):
    https://imgur.com/52FlcsT
    https://imgur.com/JNDpWYp
    https://imgur.com/eMIiBE0
    https://imgur.com/pHMNMwf
    https://imgur.com/VUnjMtL
    https://imgur.com/EWwDeAV

Message to live owners - formerly Imagician:
    Please consider your decision and let us know if you change your mind.

And by the way: The guy who did the fix would definitely share his work with everyone. @steffchef
    Last edited by CrEcEp; 14-04-18 at 07:11 PM.

MemberRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    133Posts

same furni

freeze furni
    caball_horsenaguu_yt freezee.rar

correct furni
    caball_horsenaguu_yt (1).rar
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vicancer; 16-04-18 at 06:46 AM.

MemberRank
    Feb 2013 Join Date
    19Posts

Any solution ?

MemberRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    39Posts

The compression of the pictures are the problem.
    You have to decompile and compile every SWF file, that is causing the freeze

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Advertisement