Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mercury Emulator v2.3 remote server error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I'm having this strange issue after returning to retros after a few months and now I get this error with my mercury emuliator:

Something wrong happened: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

I've run it clean from a Mercury Emulator tutorial and entered the correct database details.

NET Framework 4 is installed as necessary. What is it missing?

Any help appreciate :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am also getting this error when I try to edit it then start it in Visual Studio. Tell if you find a fix please.
UPDATE: I changed the line that calls the configuration file to "MercuryEnvironment.Configuration = new ConfigurationData("C:\\Users\\Void\\Desktop\\R63B\\Emulator\\bin\\Debug\\config.ini");" and still no luck.

Sorry for the double post but I think I found the fix, FatalLulz posted this fix to the same problem.

"Open Mercury Source in VS 2010/2012/2013 > Search for 'FIGUREDATA' > When it shows you some link like holobox.com/game/gamedata/figuredata.xml replace it to your link (so if you're using localhost make it 127.0.0.1) or your hotel URL > Save > Debug.

Problemo solved."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for that VOID3D! Unfortunately that did not fix my issue. I did indeed change the figuredata URL in the extra_settings file, but I changed it back to the default that was originally in the archive when downloading the emulator and the same error shows. Anything else anyone can suggest?

Just to add I even tried extracting the files from the archive directly without making any edits except from the database information (it would show connection errors to the database if I didn't enter correct database details) and the 404 error would show in the emulator. Is there a remote site that the code depends on that isn't working currently or sumthing?

Aah okay I just realized I need to do it in Visual Studio, sorry :D: Is it C++ or C# i need to download?

C# ;)

Upvote 0
Back